Lyle Taylor's Goals V Aberdeen

Camallain

Yes thanks Camallian , difficult to see exactly what happens in that goalmouth from the north stand, and while the goals were great, he also missed a couple , one sitter which went staight over the bar with the an empty net in front of him ( not a moan , just an obvious observation !!), so it could and should have been 4 , 5 or even 6-1 !! C'mon the Jags !!

One thing I've noticed about Taylor is he really seems to be enjoying his time up here, and looks as if he's been at thistle for years. Whenever we score ,even if its not him, he celebrates like we've just won the champions league, almost like a fan. Whenever he does score he runs straight to the fans as well. Sometimes when a loan signing comes in, especially from a bigger team in England they can look a bit uninterested, as if its like a chore for him but Taylor really does look like he's enjoying it. He was also the last man off the park yesterday as he went to applaud the north stand then came over to give his shirt to a fan in the JHS. I just wonder if Sheffield decide he's surplus to requirements at the end of the season, would it be totally out of the question to get him in on a permenant deal?

Edited by Andynptfc
  • Like 1

One thing I've noticed about Taylor is he really seems to be enjoying his time up here, and looks as if he's been at thistle for years. Whenever we score ,even if its not him, he celebrates like we've just won the champions league, almost like a fan. Whenever he does score he runs straight to the fans as well. Sometimes when a loan signing comes in, especially from a bigger team in England they can look a bit uninterested, as if its like a chore for him but Taylor really does look like he's enjoying it. He was also the last man off the park yesterday as he went to applaud the north stand then came over to give his shirt to a fan in the JHS. I just wonder if Sheffield decide he's surplus to requirements at the end of the season, would it be totally out of the question to get him in on a permenant deal?

Unlikely but it would be bloody marvellous if the board pushed out the boat to get him signed up permanently. Looks like Clough doesn't want him, but the more goals he scores between now and the end of the season will mean there will be teams with far bigger budgets sniffing around

Should have had six.

Only kidding, sort of. But imagine if he had.

He really should have. I think that shows wht we can do to teams who come out and attack us though, as Aberdeen had to after going behind. Everytime we went forward we looked like we could score or at least create a chance. When teams play with a high line as Aberdeen did, Taylor is a very dangerous player. He'll get caught offside several times but if he times his run correctly and the pass is perfect, there's probably not many centre halfs in this league who would catch him! As much as I absolutely love dools, and he is probably my favourite thistle player but, if we're playing one up, Taylor is by far the best option.