Sportscene

Gary Peebles Tackle

The home win hoodoo will still be the main theme for the 'pundits', ironically because we've just shaken it off.

Next week, our 27 seconds of on-field action will be prefaced by "Ross County hosted a 'Partick' side who, up until last weekend, hadn't managed a home league win all season."

The following week: "Partick, having recently cast off their home win hoodoo . . ." Etc etc.

Groan.

The home win hoodoo will still be the main theme for the 'pundits', ironically because we've just shaken it off.

Next week, our 27 seconds of on-field action will be prefaced by "Ross County hosted a 'Partick' side who, up until last weekend, hadn't managed a home league win all season."

The following week: "Partick, having recently cast off their home win hoodoo . . ." Etc etc.

Groan.

Haha. Spot on. I could hear the wee googly eyed guy reading that too.

Just watched bbc highlights. I know I'm biased but there seemed to be a lot of Thistle highlights missing. Taylor's chance at end of first half, his shot over the bar from ATS pass (which was a great move) and his late shot into the side netting. Plus the handball penalty claim and the penalty claim when ATS ran into their defender at the edge of the box (though I didn't think it was). Also reckon Stuart Bannigan's turn was worthy of a showing. Compared to that every Aberdeen chance seemed to be covered.

It's like it was either edited by an Aberdeen fan or Lyle Taylor.

By the way, Gary Fraser tackle and pass for third goal, and the finish. Sheer class. Reminiscent of Paton to Erskine against Raith Rovers last season.

Just watched bbc highlights. I know I'm biased but there seemed to be a lot of Thistle highlights missing. Taylor's chance at end of first half, his shot over the bar from ATS pass (which was a great move) and his late shot into the side netting. Plus the handball penalty claim and the penalty claim when ATS ran into their defender at the edge of the box (though I didn't think it was). Also reckon Stuart Bannigan's turn was worthy of a showing. Compared to that every Aberdeen chance seemed to be covered.

By the way, Gary Fraser tackle and pass for third goal, and the finish. Sheer class. Reminiscent of Paton to Erskine against Raith Rovers last season.

Was that not Shuggie that played that pass?

Scrap that, that was another game.

Edited by potty trained

Those were the first Sportscene highlights I have been able to watch for some time.

Taylor's two goals were fantastic. The first, particularly, underlines what he is capable of in the penalty box. He did that again and again for Falkirk and if we can get him playing like that consistently then I am confident we will stay up.

On a negative note, Gallacher's challenge on Rooney confirms what I thought at the time, which was it was much more of a penalty than the one that was awarded.

Still not sober but having watched those highlights ah'm feeling giddy. Recent performances have improved and the recent signings seem to have reinvigorated the whole squad. A joy to watch and feeling even more confident than I was on sat morning about stating up. I predict 10th with a clear margin ( St midden) or possibly even 9th. Now. More beer for me. Still celebrating. Than you very much Archie my team and my fellow jags for giving me so much joy (even more is welcome)

I think Thompson should just be quiet when St Mirren are on.

The 2nd Goodwin one was intentional in my opinion. The guy shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch.

Hope the SPFL look at this closely - he should get a lengthy ban. Again.

Don't think Thompson is the worst they drag out on this sorry programme. That said having a current player on as a pundit is relatively pointless. The irony being If Thompson had said anything contentious he'd be far more likely to be hauled before the SFA than Goodwin.

The You tube SPFL high lights have more of the game...including Taylors first half miss!!!!

That highlights package is outrageous. It excludes two of Taylor's one-on-ones, Doolan's effort that got dragged wide, the hand-ball penalty shout and Bannigan's shimmy.

And that's before the shameless coverage of the Aberdeen penalty shouts are taken into account.

Agree. The highlights made it seem it was all Aberdeen the first half whereas they might have looked a bit more dangerous we had several chances of which they choose to show none. Gives misleading impression of the game.

Always watch the highlights from the SPFL website, because they show far more of the game than Sportscene. Why they can't show more highlights and have less mundane chat on Sportscene is beyond me.They seem to have a 5 minute limit on all highlights, no matter how many games they are showing.

It's really just a passing interest cosy little programme where quality is of little concern. There may be financial constraints on showing lengthier highlights but I very much doubt there's any restraint in the actual highlights they show. I suppose they just want to keep everyone onside so getting some pro rata reflection of the game is secondary. To justify the gibbering from Nevin & Co they have to show decisions that they deem contentious whether they are or not.

Bottom line is the BBC in Scotland don't seem to be under any pressure to produce quality sports/football reportage. Nothing's really changed since their Gretna fixation days.

My favourite quote from Stevo Thomson, who I think is usually pretty good and unbiased, was Goodwin led with his arm to protect his face. Does that mean we can lead with our studs to protect our feet?

Please bbc scotland stop having current players giving opinions of their own teams games.

Edited by kennymac29

• 6 months later...