Rangers: Ally Mccoist Delays Squad Rebuilding Plans At Ibrox

stillresigned

Gingerjag, on 28 February 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

the only reason they went bust was because the craig whyte screwed them while the tax cases were hanging over them.

GJ , your observation above, is as PT puts it none-sense and re-enforces MR bunny's view that the general public viewing mainstream media have been sold a Pup.

The MBB you mention above was precisely in the game for a deliberate purpose of Pre-Pack administration ( many details of how it would work based on business rules pre 2003), but super salary blew it for the funding by managing them out of Europe and domestic cups at an early stage, hence the use of NI /TAX which forced HMRC hand to pull the chain early.

Before this is a trail of corruption between institutions in the country that beggars belief , names like Masterton , Cummings , Grossart ( look up operation Hornet) along with SDM. The deck of cards collapsed on the banking crisis which forced the black horse to get real even after Halifax choked on the BOS books. Yes , that would be the same BOS stiffing 90% of the rest of Scottish business including football for its money back or foreclosing and scooping up their assets cheaply , "Enter the Taxpayer" wish it was a Bruce Lee movie instead of a disaster movie.

So you have been feed the veneer of the mainstream media who's only concern was their own commercial interests and diminishing revenues and could not afford to isolate a large proportion of their market.

So what are the ( Ex) rangers fan guilty of apart from their historic charge sheet, well HUBRIS massive amounts of it and its reflected in the general attitude " nobody likes us , we don't care " and a general F@#$% the rest of you am alright jack , its our rules and rule one is they don't apply to us.

Unfortunately, we'll never get the truth about what goes on at Ibrox, to begin with the Scottish media are by a large sympathetic to Rangers, to be honest, it keeps them in a job. Chick Dung, being the prime exemplar The thing that really angers me is that so used to Rangers/Sevco getting dodgy decisions have we become that it rates hardly a mention in our supposedly free and balanced media, far less should anyone be as foolish as to raise questions about the blatant sectarianism which seeps out of the very pores of Ibrox

Must make you feel great when your manager publicly says that you are not good enough. All to hide the fact that he is a money grabbing talentless moron. Supposedly loves the club. Hahaha

McCoist is very worried about the lack of scouting and is obviously scared of the Championship. His comments in the Telegraph are very revealing. It seems that a few of his squad are looking to move on too rather than take a pay cut.

“We are getting games covered in terms of watching future opposition, but that’s all we’ve got. Before, we would have had four guys down at games in England, maybe other guys in Europe watching games, which is the norm for a top club. We don’t have that at the moment. Effectively the scouting system is just about at rock bottom...

“Without strengthening ahead of next season there would be no guarantees [of promotion to the Scottish Premiership]. It would be very tough. I think the Championship is a lot stronger than a lot of people think. The majority, if not all of the teams, are full-time. I’ve seen a lot of Championship football and I’ve been impressed with the likes of Dundee, Dumbarton and Raith Rovers.”

“Boys that are out of contract will obviously be looking to re-sign or extend their careers elsewhere..."

Edited by kni

Alex Thompson of Channel 4 News....Sevco to go into administration on Wednesday? Well at least one prominent Glasgow accountant is saying so tonight!. Could be an interesting week ahead in the South Side of Glasgow!

Is the "prominent accountant" Allan McLeod, an insolvency practitioner of MLM Solutions? His comments in the Daily Mail are worth reading.

‘A short-term funding gap in any business, without knowing what the long-term plan is, should be a concern for supporters.

‘It should be particularly concerning since security has been granted over two assets and because of the high interest rate attached.

‘If £1m is being loaned by Laxey and it’s repayable after six months, and they are getting £150,000 back — that’s a 15-per-cent interest rate, 30-per-cent APR, which is quite astonishing.

‘It raises a number of other questions as well, such as: Were other investors given the same opportunity to invest? Investors which would have had no interest cost attached to it?

‘I would certainly be concerned if I was a supporter.’

‘It shouldn’t require credit lines really,’

‘It went through an IPO and was reported to have raised £22m. The first question is: Where are the funds from the IPO?

‘Why, such a short time after Graham Wallace announced there was no cash-flow issue, has the company had to go and secure a loan? A loan which is backed by security and had a high interest rate attached to it?

‘There seems to be no long-term planning. We know the short-term planning, which is for a loan to plug a £1.5m cash gap, but what’s the longer-term cash requirements.

‘It’s all very well getting a loan but how is it going to be funded in future?’

Thompson also tweeted about a "crisis meeting called for tomorrow". He then emphasised that his first sentence in his original tweet was a question, not statement. Perhaps Easdale and/or Laxey Partners have decided not (or cannot) to lend the £1.5 million.

Edited by kni

Thompson also tweeted about a "crisis meeting called for tomorrow". He then emphasised that his first sentence in his original tweet was a question, not statement. Perhaps Easdale and/or Laxey Partners have decided not (or cannot) to lend the £1.5 million.

probably because certain people are angrily punching their knuckles into their keyboards whilst frothing at the mouth, irate that he's attacking their beloved institution ...

probably because certain people are angrily punching their knuckles into their keyboards whilst frothing at the mouth, irate that he's attacking their beloved institution ...

Tonight's STV story may be related.

Rangers supporters bosses have demanded the Ibrox board come clean on whether controversial former chief executive Charles Green is still involved with the club.

The Union of Fans - a coalition group representing six supporter bodies - have released a statement through Press Association Sport demanding answers about what happened to the Yorkshire businessman's 7.68% stake in the club after he called a halt to his second stint with the club as a paid consultant last August.

The Union of Fans' statement said: "We welcome the fact that Dave King has committed to travelling to the UK. We very much look forward to meeting him in the near future to push things forward.

"We also note that, like us, he shares a fear that Charles Green and the people he represents are still de facto in control of our club.

"We would like this board to explain just what has happened to the five million shares Charles Green awarded himself at one penny each and which constituted a 7.68% stake in Rangers.

"We are aware that some of those shares are now in the hands of Laxey. It was also widely publicised that Green had proxied his shares to the Easdales and struck an agreement to sell those shares to the Easdales in December 2013. But no record of such a share trade exists.

"Also the Easdales do not appear to have increased their notifiable interest in the company according to the most up-to-date information available.

"It is entirely unclear who now holds the balance of Mr Green's shares and if indeed they have even moved out of his control."

Very strong stuff!

Edited by kni

I am bewildered as to why Sevco fans are putting all their weight behind a convicted criminal and tax cheat, who pled guilty to his crimes. Just shows you how bad things are over there. Beggars belief

And they expect him to spend even more than he's supposed to have donated to old Rangers (though he may have got a good bit of that back) to get them to the top league - and win it. I don't see him wanting to do that, I think he expects most of the money to come from other people. Though he may expect to pick the club up cheap after admin ...but will he get all the assets?

I am bewildered as to why Sevco fans are putting all their weight behind a convicted criminal and tax cheat, who pled guilty to his crimes. Just shows you how bad things are over there. Beggars belief

Lindau. This lot want him as he has wads of cash and they believe it is their divine right to spend big and crush all in front of them, no matter of the consequences. Arrogant, corrupt ********. I lathe them with all my being.

Lindau. This lot want him as he has wads of cash and they believe it is their divine right to spend big and crush all in front of them, no matter of the consequences. Arrogant, corrupt ********. I lathe them with all my being.

I think you may mean loathe, lathe seems a bit extreme ... though in a few cases you may have a point.

• Like 1

Unbelievable that the fans are still accepting this. For a club of their size they seem to have absolutely no fan power. The closest they got was a bunch of drunks following Bomber Brown up the Copeland Rd one afternoon shouting "Show us the deeds mucker!"

They are so concerned about "revenge" and cyber wars against journos and fans of other clubs that they are totally unaware of the continuing financial suicide that their club is attempting.

In terms of supporter mobilisation and resistance against the board, they've been pathetic. Instead of blaming those who are continually haemorrhaging money from the piggy bank, they are blaming pretty much anyone else who they consider to have an agenda against Rangers.

It's astounding how little they realise about what's going on at their own club.

Spoke to a Rangers a Supporting acquaintance of mine at uni. today(yes, some of them can read and write, apparently) and asked him what he thought about the whole situation and his reply just about floored me, "no we'll be alright, Rangers have plenty of money, all the hassles caused by deluded Celtic fans on Twitter", edited for publication of course. But, FFS if he's a typical example of a Rangers supporter's attitude, we'll frankly they deserve everything that happens to them!

^ I checked the regulatory announcements on the RIFC website. They show that Sandy Easdale has increased his share holding to over 26.6%. Laxey Partners have also increased their stake to 12.7%. There is no way that they will allow the club to go into administration. Those figures suggest that Green has indeed sold his shares.

This statement David King is bizarre in the light of recent events.

"The discussions were, to my mind, very positive and it was agreed that subject to the normal regulatory approval I would put my name forward to join the Board and to serve as Chairman.

"Such an appointment is of course subject to the approval of the existing Board members and ultimately the shareholders of the company. There are also mandatory regulatory requirements that must be complied with and take time. I have already submitted all the necessary documentation.

"News of the meeting has found its way into the public domain and this has unsurprisingly resulted in speculation as to the nature and the outcome of the meeting. In reaction to this speculation and to give some clarity to the club's fans I would like to address a couple of points at this time.

"First, my willingness to become part of the future of the football club is based simply on my love for the club and my desire to support the club with a combination of my business expertise and my willingness to make a further investment.

"In particular I see a present need to utilise the time we have over the next few seasons to be prepared, both financially and on the pitch, to compete with our Glasgow neighbours when we get back to the top League.

"My involvement is not linked in any way to any other individual, albeit I have my private thoughts as to certain individuals that might add value to the club going forward. Ultimately it is for the shareholders to make such decisions. The recent settlement of my litigation in South Africa removes any impediment to my appointment to the board.

"I want to make it clear that I agreed to join the Board only after intensive and detailed discussions with the existing executives and because I believe I can help them by playing a significant role in driving Rangers forward and finally putting the past behind us.

"It is sad that every month of the continued disunity between the fans and other stakeholders is eroding our ability to be ready for the step up to the premier league. We do not have time to waste.

"It was also made clear by Mr Mather and Mr Stockbridge that Rangers are not in need of an immediate financial injection but we agreed that now is the time to commence a new round of funding to ensure that it is available in an orderly and cost effective manner when required. I wish to lead that fund raising exercise and being on the Board will greatly assist me in that regard.

"I believe that the timing is right for me to take this step and I look forward to the opportunity to work with the current directors albeit I would have preferred to have my appointment confirmed prior to communicating my further thoughts. Unfortunately the rumour mill necessitated this short statement. If matters proceed as I hope over the next few days then I will be present at the AGM."

Edited by kni