Higgy

Islay jag

Got what he deserved yesterday Subbed! He and Taylor were rotten from the first minute so why should he have been kept on? Some of the crap on this forum about Archibald being tactically naive is laughable frankly, by far the smallest budget means fewer options unfortunately. Whilst I'm on my rant, what happened to our wonderful support, to be honest we were rotten too, strangely subdued atmosphere that was matched by the team. Playoffs here we come!

Got what he deserved yesterday Subbed! He and Taylor were rotten from the first minute so why should he have been kept on? Some of the crap on this forum about Archibald being tactically naive is laughable frankly, by far the smallest budget means fewer options unfortunately. Whilst I'm on my rant, what happened to our wonderful support, to be honest we were rotten too, strangely subdued atmosphere that was matched by the team. Playoffs here we come!

Oh oh! Now youve done it. lol

• Like 1

Terrible decision by Higginbotham not to change the formation when it became clear after 20 minutes our midfield was as solid as a coffee cream.

• Like 2

• Members

It was clearly never going to be his day. Every pass that went to him bounced just before it reached him and went over him or past him. When your luck's out, your luck's out. When he got the ball with just one defender to beat at 1-1, I'm sure he had visions of the Hibs goal he scored just a couple of weeks before. Unfortunately the Hearts player was a bit better than the Hibs defence that day and showed him the outside and Higgy ran out of ideas missing the opportunity to slip in Taylor at the same time.

All round it would have been a very frustrating day for him.

I trust that fatalism isn't shared by the support as a whole or the backing will indeed be subdued over the next five games.

The entire team were an absolute disgrace to the jersey yesterday.Lets hope it was a one off and they now get the finger out. Five cup finals approaching,anymore of yesterdays debacle and we are heading for a knicker wetting playoff.

Changed that for you MJ...lol

It was clearly never going to be his day. Every pass that went to him bounced just before it reached him and went over him or past him. When your luck's out, your luck's out. When he got the ball with just one defender to beat at 1-1, I'm sure he had visions of the Hibs goal he scored just a couple of weeks before. Unfortunately the Hearts player was a bit better than the Hibs defence that day and showed him the outside and Higgy ran out of ideas missing the opportunity to slip in Taylor at the same time.

All round it would have been a very frustrating day for him.

I am a massive Higgy fan. My player of the year without doubt. I said to my pal, just after Higgy failed to make that pass to Taylor that you mention, that I could see Archie taking him off for trying the shot rather than passing for what Mayhave been a Taylor goal. I get how Higgy can frustrate, but that boy lives and breathes football and wants to play every pass in every game. As others have said, he's certainly not a one man band and assists as much as runs for goal.

Hearts budget is 0 and they're playing their under 20s and 17s, so your point is invalid.

you want to have a serious reflection on your statement and its accuracy?

Are you serious?

They are in administration and potentially days away from liquidation. Billy Brown works for free they are so skint.

Guys like Carrick, Holt, Patterson, King and Nicholson are straight out of their youth team. They had 3 players over 21 in the team that utterly destroyed our sorry lot.

Anyone who thinks Higginbotham should have been the first player to be substituted on Saturday is mad.

Yes, he was having a poor game. Yes, he made a couple of poor decisions. But he is singlehandedly capable of changing games and was performing no more poorly than most of the rest of the team. It wasn't a lack of attacking width that was our problem. Anyone actually watching the game could see the problem was the poor game Fraser (who has had some excellent games this season) was having and the general poor performance of the centre-backs and those sitting just in front of them. Almost all of Hearts' threats came from individual errors among the "back six" and had little if anything to do with the performance of either of the first two players Archie took off.

If Archie was of the view that the midfield was underpowered, the logical thing to do would have been either to substitute Taylor, who had an absolute bloody stinker all day (pushing Doolan up and bringing on either Buaben or Moncur) or take off Doolan, who was being dragged back to support the defence at times in the first half the midfield was doing so poorly. The safe option, given the weakness of the midfield was mostly Fraser's fault on Saturday (though Bannigan was also having a sub-par game) would have been to take off Fraser and put on Buaben or Moncur.

It was utterly senseless to take off our two main supporting attack threats. It might have made sense had we been looking to change the system properly to a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, but that's clearly not what we ended up doing. The Craigen substitution was more bewildering still: let's bring on someone even less well equipped than Fraser to try to change the midfield dynamic. Bewildering.

If you want a scapegoat for Saturday's performance, Higginbotham unequivocally is not your man. We lost because Taylor had a stinker, Fraser and Bannigan were about 3 seconds off the pace, Taylor-Sinclair seemed to develop club-foot and Mair and Piccolo were the definition of lethargy, and as a team collectively they showed no fight whatsoever on going 2-1 and 3-1 down.

• Like 3

I wonder if it might be a good idea, at least during the first half, for Archie to get Shaggie to sit in the stand and watch the play unfold. If there are obvious weaknesses that they aren't picking up in the dugout, it would probably be more useful to have someone alert Archie to it at half time rather than have a second voice shouting "track your man" or other such empty words of encouragement from pitchside.

I wonder if it might be a good idea, at least during the first half, for Archie to get Shaggie to sit in the stand and watch the play unfold. If there are obvious weaknesses that they aren't picking up in the dugout, it would probably be more useful to have someone alert Archie to it at half time rather than have a second voice shouting "track your man" or other such empty words of encouragement from pitchside.

The defeat was bad but the lack of fight was alarming

Both the lack of fight and the apparent inability of either captain or manager to understand what went wrong. That bodes very ill for the future: how can you put anything right if you don't even understand what's wrong?

Oh I think they are well aware of what went wrong. However are showing a restraint in not public ally lambasting the players in the press for it.

Are you serious?

They are in administration and potentially days away from liquidation. Billy Brown works for free they are so skint.

Guys like Carrick, Holt, Patterson, King and Nicholson are straight out of their youth team. They had 3 players over 21 in the team that utterly destroyed our sorry lot.

So guys like Danny Wilson and Hammel are playing for free are they?

Oh I think they are well aware of what went wrong. However are showing a restraint in not public ally lambasting the players in the press for it.

Maybe, but both the team captain and the manager put on record that they didn't know what happened. It's surely not unreasonable to go on what they are reported as saying, rather than assume they're deliberately lying. After all, they had the option to keep schtum and confine their comments to the dressing room.

After all, they had the option to keep schtum and confine their comments to the dressing room.

That isn't an option though. Managers and players all have media obligations which are part and parcel of the job. Saying nothing just isn't an option.

Do you really need to have this stuff spelled out?