The Others, What Do We Want?

angry gaz

What set of results would suit us best today. Hibs to me look like the ones on a dreadful slide , a win for County brings them up to us, so a draw in the Killie game?

I've actually no idea what set of scores is best for us.

Confused of Glasgow.

Edited by angry gaz

Ross/Killie to draw as that means that our opponents pick up a combined 2 points. A win for either would be 3 points.

Looking to next season, Killie or Hibs relegated would surely be to our advantage, so you could argue for a Ross win to enable that

i don't know but I can see killie having to make cut backs and losing Boyd so it could be argued they could be even worse next season

Killie now behind and in a rut, having lost last three games. Bound to win next week.

I think we need four more. Three won't be enough.

Only won one in the last 6. We haven't lost since the split and neither have St. Midden, maybe Hearts tomorrow, suggesting a semblance of form. Basically the idea isr not lose to any of the other teams and hope they cut each other's throats....

Do we really want to be playing Hibs when they're desperate for a win? Wouldn't it be better if they won today against Hearts so that they return to the complacency that's got them where they are currently?

Bottom line - Thistle will have to do this by themselves. No other team will keep us up. Just got to win the next three games...

Hearts can accumulate as many as they want as long as they're not against us!

correct. if hearts have a post split record of 4 wins and one defeat (vs ptfc), i will be delighted.

Do we really want to be playing Hibs when they're desperate for a win? Wouldn't it be better if they won today against Hearts so that they return to the complacency that's got them where they are currently?

Bottom line - Thistle will have to do this by themselves. No other team will keep us up. Just got to win the next three games...

on your first point, no it's better if they lose to hearts, continue their pointless (and goalless) run, equals for next week: lower home support for them, players even more bereft of confidence, home crowd likely to get on their backs even earlier in game, less composure on ball, etc ..... any point(s) or uplift in their form today would benefit them imo, so a heavy defeat and a few injuries and suspensions for hapless hibs today would be to our benefit overall, like seeking to maximise our home advantage in games (see hacked off thread), any advantage or benefit we can gain in away games, i'll take.

on your second point, agree wholeheartedly. win our next three games and we don't need to care of what other teams results are. each of our remaining three are all winnable. if we got 7 points we'd definitely stay up. even a win and two draws would see us safe. but three wins would be a fitting and satisfying end to the season, and sound basis to build on and look forward to better next season.