Duck snort

Actually been home for half an hour after my 10 minute walk home, but only just calmed down enough to type!

First half we were awful other than for 5 minutes after Taylor's goal which came completely against the run of play.

Second half we were fantastic. Got the ball down and played as we know they can. Can't wait to see Gary Fraser's goal again. Absolute screamer. Goal of the season easily. Atmosphere in the away end was awesome. Brilliant night.

Edited by Duck snort
  • Like 1

Actually been home for half an hour after my 10 minute walk home, but only just calmed down enough to type!

First half we were awful other than for 5 minutes after Taylor's goal which came completely against the run of play.

Second half we were fantastic. Got the ball down and played as we know they can. Can't wait to see Gary Fraser's goal again. Absolute screamer. Goal of the season easily. Atmosphere in the away end was awesome. Brilliant night.

to paraphrase cornershop, brimful of brilliance in the second 45.

by the light of the silvery moon ..... more :drink2: :drink2: :drink2: :drink2:

• Like 1

I have to admit I was fearing the worst when we went behind twice and Killie took the lead at Rugby Park. Sloppy sloppy defending for both the Hearts goals and the midfield were looking fragile.

But that second half was absolute vintage. We were in their faces right from the get-go and didn't lose heart when Taylor's goal was chopped off for offside. And then WOOOOOF! Gary Fraser hits a howitzer. It's weird but after that goal you felt more confident that we wouldn't concede again than earlier in the game. Mair did well to make space for himself to nod home the flick-on for the lead and when Higginbotham chased up that rebound like a man possessed before going radio rental. SUPERB.

I had my reservations about Archie's decision to switch to a more defensive formation in the last 20 minutes by bringing on Piccolo: we were arguably more threatening and better in defence without the extra man at the back, but we held out comfortably in the end.

Delighted. The least Archie deserves for his first full season as a manager in a higher league and testament to the character of the boys, many of whom are still stupidly young. Hats off to Archie for bringing in the right players to strengthen the side too, with all 4 scorers tonight being Archie signings.

I think we can really press on and cement ourselves as a solid Premier League side now.

That's two more grounds I've ticked off the list now with Easter Road and Tynecastle. Considering their broadly similar size and seat distribution, two more different all-seater grounds you'd struggle to find. Tynecastle's got a wee bit more character to it, but it reminds me a bit of a bigger Dens Park in terms of the tiredness of its structures. The turnstiles are a nightmare for anyone who's put on a few pounds... I wondered whether the ticket prices are to compensate for fat people feeling guilty as they squeeze in to keep the revenue.

Good luck to Hearts next year, and I hope Hibs join them.

:D

Honestly couldn't see that second half performance coming at half- tine as our insipid performance in the first half did not give any hint that we would blow Hearts away in the second half. In fact those of us lucky enough to be their were treated to a total inversion of that game against Hearts at Firhill a few weeks ago. If we were clueless in the first half we reverted to playing good football in the second half witth the added bonus of a tight defence, I'm too tired to go into detail but suffice to say I 'm one happy Jag toniht. :) :fan:

:clapping:

It's not a night for analysis or crticism - I'm just enjoying one of the best-ever times watching Thistle.

i think I have seen it all now - a great pass from Elliot and then we scored from a corner...unbelievable!!

Fantastic backing from the fans and a brilliant response from the players, completely dominating the second half...and scoring when we wanted.

That was some kind of wonderful - I'll be reliving Gary Fraser's shot exploding into the net over and over again.

It's not a night for analysis or crticism - I'm just enjoying one of the best-ever times watching Thistle.

i think I have seen it all now - a great pass from Elliot and then we scored from a corner...unbelievable!!

Fantastic backing from the fans and a brilliant response from the players, completely dominating the second half...and scoring when we wanted.

That was some kind of wonderful - I'll be reliving Gary Fraser's shot exploding into the net over and over again.

Just saw the goals on Sky Sports News - Fraser's goal was an absolute PEACH!!!

Higgy's was great too - you can hear the excitement just before he strikes it as we all realised he was going to get to the rebound! Superb stuff. Wish they'd stop calling us 'Partick' though! (sorry to say Archie called us that on the wireless after the game tonight too! Sack him!!!)

It was unbelievable - stewards stepped back and the polis stepped up - aside from their overtime WTF were they worried about?

Must have been the charge down the stairs by quite a few after Higgy's goal that prompted that :)

Also who decided it was a good idea to lock the toilets up at full time, especially with squeaky bums during the game...

Looking back 24hours that's got to go down in that selection of Jagsclassics like '71, the New Year win over Kilmarnock in '75-76, numerous victories over the Orks and the George Shaw game at Celtic Park ( if I'd Ibeen there instead of working abroad that day!). Well last night made up for missing the latter (almost!).

Edited by stillresigned

The spirit in the squad was clear to see at the final whistle last night. Even when not playing well in the first half and despite going behind twice heads didn't drop.

It has been said a few times on WAT that we were due to give someone a doing this season. Et voila. The second half demolition of Hearts was beautiful. Terrific goals, relentless intent and unbridled passion.

Great team. Great managers. Great support. One Thistle.

A wee memory from last night's fourth goal that many may have missed in the celebrations. While the players were going as daft as us fans Lee Mair was going systematically round the players a finger to each side of his head, the screw the nut gesture.

Just a day or so ago I read here that we really need a leader on the pitch. Something I agree is a necessity and by that I don't mean a goalie. Gallacher is a worthy captain but by position is often too isolated to influence the players. I thought in the 2nd half last night that Mair not only organised his defence but stood up to the plate in a captain like role. Instead of quietly going about his business as is his usual he gave so much more,.

just back from a short trip to England. was in a remote area and had no signal. was climbing the walls wondering what was happening. finally a text came through saying we had won 4-2 and I thought it was a wind up.

spent the next morning in the first supermarket I came across looking for the footie results. I can say that the English versions of all the papers do not cover Scottish football.

wish I had been there.

A wee memory from last night's fourth goal that many may have missed in the celebrations. While the players were going as daft as us fans Lee Mair was going systematically round the players a finger to each side of his head, the screw the nut gesture.

Just a day or so ago I read here that we really need a leader on the pitch. Something I agree is a necessity and by that I don't mean a goalie. Gallacher is a worthy captain but by position is often too isolated to influence the players. I thought in the 2nd half last night that Mair not only organised his defence but stood up to the plate in a captain like role. Instead of quietly going about his business as is his usual he gave so much more,.

He's a leader on the park, I dont get the idea of having keepers as captains but Gallacher hasn't done to bad for us. I think Mair is fit enough for another year, if we can rotate between Aero, Mair Balatoni and Gabby. so happy to see him scoring to save us after being frozen out at st midden,

Edited by jags on tour