North Stand - Reverting To Away Fans Next Season

amsterdam jag

A few people have posted on facebook in the last hour that at a meeting today before the game it was confirmed that North Stand will be for away fans again for next season.

If this is true the club, IMO, have really shot themselves in the foot once again. Just when things were looking good for us, they manage to treat the fans badly again !!!!!

Thistle fans in the Main Stand is dreadful for atmosphere, some have stated they've enjoyed being in it the twice they were this season but the noise does not travel AT ALL. Don't understand the move at all, if it's true, moving out for Celtic was an issue but one largely accepted by the majority now.

• Members

Spoke with a couple of the North Stand regulars after the game who attended the meeting this morning. Needless to say they are pretty brassed off with the situation. For years the team has gone nowhere. Atmosphere from the JHS has been poor and this has transferred onto the pitch with uninspiring performances from the players. Opposition fans are allowed to get behind their teams and do their best to unsettle our players when defending that end, so we change things and get our own fans in there and we go a whole season undefeated at home, atmosphere improves off the scale and everyone agrees it's been a fantastic idea. Ok, this season the results haven't been as good at home but the North Stand continue to create a great atmosphere and fully back the team.

As I understand it, the Club think the North Stand guys will be happy to move to the Main Stand. I'd be amazed if they moved en masse to there. In fact I'm certain they wont.

I don't sit (stand) in the North Stand but I fully appreciate the support that comes from there. It's a great pity those running the Club don't. Very, very poor.

I personally slated the board at the start of the season over the shambles that took place, but have held my hands up and praised them as they learnt from it and improved, and praised where they have got it right.

Norgethiistle, I noticed this yesterday from a reply on another thread & was going to ask you about it but got waylaid with other things/folk.

Genuine question, & not stirring, but what in your opinion have the BoD got right this season?

I've said many times that he spectre of PropCo still hangs over us.

The shop, the catering, the stewarding have all been outsourced with varying degrees of success from awful to woeful!

I see no reason for this decision, if any if gives the away team the advantage of shooting towards their own fans.

You have to wonder what the BoD's end game here is.

• Like 1

Norgethiistle, I noticed this yesterday from a reply on another thread & was going to ask you about it but got waylaid with other things/folk.

Genuine question, & not stirring, but what in your opinion have the BoD got right this season?

I've said many times that he spectre of PropCo still hangs over us.

The shop, the catering, the stewarding have all been outsourced with varying degrees of success from awful to woeful!

I see no reason for this decision, if any if gives the away team the advantage of shooting towards their own fans.

You have to wonder what the BoD's end game here is.

The CF started being drawn on line, money was made available for Archie in January, TAG was re-launched, computerized ticketing was launched, but these small steps are all wiped out by yet again not giving a f##k about their fans wishes to be in the NS, this is 600 fans, 1/5th of our home support, 20% of our core business and regular income they care nothing about.

This will still involve moving ST holders for the Celtic game as even when we gave the the NS last year several were also moved from the JHS........ or maybe we are only getting the main stand next year for OF games, think how many tickets we could give to Celtic, think of the money,, who cares about our support

I wonder if this move has anything to do with the alleged complaint Dundee United made after the first game of the season. Apparently they were unhappy about the standard of toilet facilities their supporters had to put up with in the main stand ?? Far easier to ignore the complaints of your own support than to have to improve the toilet facilities for visiting fans!

absolutely disgraceful if this is true. its like the BoD hate the fans. if it wasnt fir us there would be no team. chasing the supporters out of the NS is a massive own goal. a mass demonstration must be organised in protest. cant understand the logic in it at all. one step forward three steps back

Haven't posted in here for a long, long time now but feel the need to here.

Having been a North Stand regular since it came about and having been crying out for something like this to happen since the days of Brown McMaster I am distraught at the thought that the BoD are planning on abandoning this and thinking that we will all just move into the main stand and continue to back the team in the way we do.

The North Stand has given me, and the folk I go with a new lease of life as a Thistle fan. The thought of returning to the mundane atmosphere of the Jackie Husband does nothing for me in the slightest and though I have enjoyed this season as much as any in my 30 years or so as a Jags fan it will be a struggle for me to enjoy going back to the shitty way it was. I was, for the first time in my supporting years planning on buying a season ticket on the back of this season's efforts by Archie and the team. I will do nothing of the sort now if this is the case.

I don't know what it is with PTFC but why does whoever is on our BoD not understand the importance of the fans to this football club? We should be doing everything we can to make Firhill as hostile a place to come for away teams as we can but we seem intent on destroying the atmosphere, that without a doubt, has helped get us back to where we belong and keep us there.

I cannot for the life of me understand the thinking behind this and am angered that a day that should have been full of celebration at what we have achieved has been ruined by a decision made without the fans in mind yet again. Takes me back to the days of Clown & Co this does and I will be calling the club and letting my feelings be know first thing on Monday morning.

A terrible, thoughtless, destructive decision by the club. Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Vom Itorium

Haven't posted in here for a long, long time now but feel the need to here.

Having been a North Stand regular since it came about and having been crying out for something like this to happen since the days of Brown McMaster I am distraught at the thought that the BoD are planning on abandoning this and thinking that we will all just move into the main stand and continue to back the team in the way we do.

The North Stand has given me, and the folk I go with a new lease of life as a Thistle fan. The thought of returning to the mundane atmosphere of the Jackie Husband does nothing for me in the slightest and though I have enjoyed this season as much as any in my 30 years or so as a Jags fan it will be a struggle for me to enjoy going back to the shitty way it was. I was, for the first time in my supporting years planning on buying a season ticket on the back of this season's efforts by Archie and the team. I will do nothing of the sort now if this is the case.I don

I don't know what it is with PTFC but why does whoever is on our BoD not understand the importance of the fans to this football club? We should be doing everything we can to make Firhill as hostile a place to come for away fans as we can but we seem intent on destroying the atmosphere, that without a doubt, has helped get us back to where we belong and keep us there.

I cannot for the life of me understand the thinking behind this and am angered that a day that should have been full of celebration at what we have achieved has been ruined by a decision made without the fans in mind yet again. Takes me back to the days of Clown & Co this does and I will be calling the club and letting my feelings be know first thing on Monday morning.

A terrible, thoughtless, destructive decision by Mr Beattie and Co. Utterly ridiculous.

the answer is money, although they said they would spend big eg put in wash hand basins, pool table and sky sports plus and this is the the bit where they really would push out the boat, the seats would be have the bird sh1t removed before every home match, now you can't ask for more than that, can you?

What, they're gonna put a pool table and sky sports in the Main Stand? I'm not interested in what goes on in the lounge or whatever it's called and am certainly not interested in sitting or even standing in the Main Stand with a restricted view due to the pillars that are in place as I am sure the majority of the North Stand regulars will also be against

Mr Beattie spoke in his STV interview about staying up allowing us to get Matchday Experience Officer or some shit in place to improve the professionalism of the club then goes and shits on the fans, who have been generting an atmosphere within the ground that has had nothing but praise from everyone this season, in this way.

So annoyed that a celebration of the club's achievments this season have been totally ruined by this foolish decision-making.