Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

What gives with this seemingly ‘kamikaze’ act of aggression?

Has the GM simply lost the plot?

Or is he merely a messenger stooge for a BOD with an agenda at cross purposes with the well being of the club and its supporters?

Something stinks here – and it’s turning my stomach.

I agree with virtually 100% of the posts in this thread.

Heart warming solidarity from all Jagskind.

48 hours after the decision was 'leaked' to just a couple of folk.

24 hours after online petitions set up.

Around 12 hours since the ET had on their online page headline news page this morning & still nothing from the club.

You'd have thought they'd have at least made some statement to stop this getting further out of control.

Or maybe Beattie/Maxwell think there's no such thing as bad publicity only publicity.

Chris Jack@Chris_Jack89 32s

@Norgethistle I'll reserve making comment on this until the club have said their bit. More to come that will hopefully bring fans round

So they've informed the media before the fans that it affects directly?

Very classy Thistle.

Wonder what the more to come is?

They're going to knock down the pillars?

They're going to supply a drum?

They're putting wash hand basins into the toilets?

Well that just makes my blood boil even more. They have given the full reasons to an Evening Times reporter but what about a full statement to the fans. Didn't realise Chris Jack was a fully paid up season ticket holder

Edited by Lindau

I wonder if he's heard the same reason that we have. Be interested to know.

Wish I could say I have every faith in the board that they have a plan that will benefit every Thistle fan and that this was all a misunderstanding. But I really don't see it.

I wonder if he's heard the same reason that we have. Be interested to know.

Wish I could say I have every faith in the board that they have a plan that will benefit every Thistle fan and that this was all a misunderstanding. But I really don't see it.

For me personally, an apology and a return to the status quo or a new stand at the bing end for the singers is the only way I will be pacified.....and option 2 has already been discounted in my mind!

I think we should all calm down and see what comes out. The club told fans representatives and got hammered for it. Now they're telling the press and getting hammered for not telling the fans. If the reasoning isn't sound then we can all get angry.

Maybe I'm naive. I just don't want it to be as bad as it seems.

Signed..

Need to try and get as many signatures as possible..

Duno if this will help but might be worth trying to get a few tweets to colin murray for his talksport show.

I remember his very mention of some other petition got thousands of signatures in a matter of hours..

I've signed the petition. I've never bought a season ticket, but still go to about two thirds of our home games. That increased as a direct result of going to the NS and enjoying the atmosphere. I would never give up on the Jags, but I may go to less games if the match day experience is less enjoyable.

If the end game is to modernise Firhill completely, to make it a four sided stadium, fair enough. But let's hear the truth rather than trying to guess it.

I think we should all calm down and see what comes out. The club told fans representatives and got hammered for it. Now they're telling the press and getting hammered for not telling the fans. If the reasoning isn't sound then we can all get angry.

Maybe I'm naive. I just don't want it to be as bad as it seems.

Agree but that also should mean those itching to renew their STs hang fire as well. And remember whatever transpires Maxwell has either been economical with the truth re Ian & Dave or he's taking us and our ET hack as gullible idiots. And regardless the treatment of Ian & Dave has been appalling. .

Agree but that also should mean those itching to renew their STs hang fire as well. And remember whatever transpires Maxwell has either been economical with the truth re Ian & Dave or he's taking us and our ET hack as gullible idiots. And regardless the treatment of Ian & Dave has been appalling. .

Agree with all of that and have no intention of renewing season ticket without more facts. I just don't have my pitchfork out quite yet.

I would actually hope that the club don't release the season tickets. If they sell main stand STs it'll be virtually impossible to backtrack.

Edited by allyo

Well that just makes my blood boil even more. They have given the full reasons to an Evening Times reporter but what about a full statement to the fans. Didn't realise Chris Jack was a fully paid up season ticket holder

You mean you didn't know Chris 'Union' Jack was a ST holder?

If his job didn't bring him to Firhill he wouldn't be anywhere near.

As far as I can see there are only three plausible scenarios:

1) The rationale mentioned by Chris Jack is the same as the one provided to Ian and Dave, in which case it remains unconvincing.

2) Ian and Dave weren't provided with the 'real' justification, in which case there is a serious communications issues.

3) A new rationale has been formulated subsequent to the meeting with Ian and Dave, and in light of the ET article and petition, in which case we not only have serious communications issues but a BoD who somehow managed to make a big decision prior to having formulated a sound rationale.

Edited by Stewarty

As far as I can see there are only three plausible scenarios:

1) The rationale mentioned by Chris Jack is the same as the one provided to Ian and Dave, in which case it remains unconvincing.

2) Ian and Dave weren't provided with the 'real' justification, in which case there is a serious communications issues.

3) A new rationale has been formulated subsequent to the meeting with Ian and Dave, and in light of the ET article and petition, in which case we not only have serious communications issues but a BoD who somehow managed to make a big decision prior to having formulated a sound rationale.

What odds for all 3....?

Edited by jags365
  • Like 1