Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

Rangers likely to be back shortly?

This decision has been based on £££ not fans :-(

We should just give the entire stadium over to Old Firm fans. We can always watch it at home on telly.

F**k sake I wouldn't be surprised at all if next season Celtic are given the entire Jackie Husband and the North Stand, and we'll be fobbed off with "instructions from the Police" bullshit.

Edited by peagreenboy

Pandering to the OF, deary deary me.

So what happens to those of us, like me, who sit in the JH towards the north end but were still moved when the green bigots came to town? Do we still get "our" seats? Are we only going to sell STs for the south half of the JH?

They could at least have backed the statement up with a direct quote from Archie if what he says is true... although if things aren't going well he might not want to have the supporters behind the dugout.

Utter garbage. They have just lost the chance of three of us previous ST holders reverting back to becoming ST holders again. Patronising crap. Why no comment about the 2 home victories this season...that has obviously been put plainly and squarely on the shoulders of the fans trying to encourage their team to victory. They have had the emails, seen these pages, seen the outcry and now publish this. Feckin unbelievable!

Edited by Lindau

Shows how desperate they are when they bring Archie in to it.

If I were him, I wouldn't be happy about being dragged in to this when his focus should be entirely on identifying new players for next season.

The supposed logic behind this is just ridiculous. It looks even more ridiculous written down that it sounded coming out of Maxi's mouth on Saturday.

The only thing that has a chance of working is a season ticket boycott.

Therefore I am urging everyone I know not to renew their season ticket. I couldn't care less about hurting the club when we are being treated like this. If Archie really is behind this move then I couldn't care less about hurting his budget either.

All this nonsense about upgrading the main stand is nothing but a token gesture.

No one with half a brain will be convinced by this statement.

• Like 1

Well there you go, thats the statement many were waiting for... the balls in your court now folks. the club have had 3 days to read emails from unhappy fans, they can see a poll on here that shows 18-20% won't renew season tickets... they can see a thread where every voice is unhappy.... and they can ignore every one of us.

Ian and i can only represent you guys as best we can, based on what we believe your stand point would be. I hope that we got it right.

Its up to you now, you can renew your season ticket, you can go and stand in the main stand, i won't be there. If i've misrepresented you, i apologise and request that someone else steps up to take my place.

I've made it clear the issues we have with the main stand, as the saying goes, you can't polish a turd.

Shows how desperate they are when they bring Archie in to it.

If I were him, I wouldn't be happy about being dragged in to this when his focus should be entirely on identifying new players for next season.

The supposed logic behind this is just ridiculous. It looks even more ridiculous written down that it sounded coming out of Maxi's mouth on Saturday.

The only thing that has a chance of working is a season ticket boycott.

Therefore I am urging everyone I know not to renew their season ticket. I couldn't care less about hurting the club when we are being treated like this. If Archie really is behind this move then I couldn't care less about hurting his budget either.

All this nonsense about upgrading the main stand is nothing but a token gesture.

No one with half a brain will be convinced by this statement.

Need to get Jackie husband regulars to boycott as well. If it's only north stand regulars I can't see enough of a drop to make a difference

This is about the protests against allowing the celtic fans into the North Stand, nothing more, nothing less. A complete and utter 'toys out the pram' moment at having songs sung and banners flown against that decision.

To make out that Archie has had a say in this reeks and to bring Rangers into it and the fact they will be back in the Premiership shortly is astonishing. What if Rangers get promoted next season and we get relegated? Will anyone who is left that has moved to the Main Stand then be shunted back to the North Stand?

Anger does not describe how I feel right now. The last two years have been the most enjoyable in decades, mainly due to being part of something special and there being an atmosphere at Firhill again created by all those in the North Stand. Time to call it a day..

Edited by Vom Itorium

Really poor from those currently in control of our club and not well positioned at all...the facilities upgrade in the toilets better include one of them toilet attendants you get in nightclubs who will wash your hands, spray on some aftershave and polish your shoes if needed!!

Even if the club HAD to move fans and not sure they need to, they could have done this so much better and even made it a positive thing if thought about properly but all they have done is p@ss people off...I reckon people are more annoyed about the manner in which this has been managed than the action itself, that said I don't think the issue is enough for me not to go watch my team next season at firhill but something does need to be done clearly.

Why don't we go back 20 years and fire a segregation fence in the Jhs and put away fans the other side of it, not been hit by a pie or coin in ages, for authenticity we could also have the p@ss from the toilets rolling down the steps to the front of the stand like the good ol days...

Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous and they're already using the manager's good name and reputation against us in their statements. Who else will they wheel out to drag through the mud if we keep complaining? John Lambie endorses this move? It's the way Jackie Husband would have wanted it?

Archie wants the singing behind him. So we are going to move you behind the away dugout. Makes perfect sense.

Well thats it for me !! No re-newal of my season ticket , like a previous poster I will attend away matches in order to watch the Jags since I live in the NE anyway , i'll have Pittodroie, .Dens , Tannadice, Dingwall and Inverness to go to without the same long haul to Glasgow to sit in a drafty old wooden stand which shouldve been pulled down years ago, I will still remain a thistle fan but this decision has seriously dampened my enthusiasm. cheers guys !! Also got Perth !!!that makes it 6 definite away matches, possibly 9., and Ive been a follower of PTFC since about 5 years of age , 58 years ago !! Totally pissed off about this !!

Edited by Harry Wragg

Been a fan for over 50 years now and I can't believe I am saying this, but this could be the end for me. God knows how much money my family have pumped into the club over the years with my grandad, dad, me and my son being jags fanatics, but we won't be taken for complete and utter mugs over this. Looks like Gillette Soccer Saturday in the pub for me and my mates come August.

patronising bullshit statement from the club of complete nonsense and deflection.

riddled with so many holes, it could be mistaken for goal netting.

archie wants the fans behind him? really?

fine, move the f*cking dugouts to the jhs, it would only cost a few grand to knock out a few seats (can always get the tims in to do it for free), bit of shuttering and concrete for the recess required to house the dugouts, and a few bolts to fix them in place and its job done. hell, it means with dugouts on jhs side , archie can bask in the sun during the games too, double win for him.

if beattie and his sidekicks think that statement is going to make the protests and upset amongst the ptfc support go away, they are even more stupid than they are already making themselves look.

KEEP THE NORTH STAND

RED AND YELLOW

i'll have Pittodroie, .Dens , Tannadice, Dingwall and Inverness to go to without the same long haul to Glasgow to sit in a drafty old wooden stand which shouldve been pulled down years ago, I will still remain a thistle fan but this decision has seriously dampened my enthusiasm. cheers guys !!

Wont be renewing! Wont be going to home games as much.

ETA: How the heck are we fighting this thing?

The way to fight this is to organise. Instead of giving to people who clearly think we're nothing but walking wallets, put that money into a collective fund so Thistle fans can firstly buy back the land and stop Firhill being butchered piecemeal - and then work towards enough control of the club to stop shite like this happening ever again.

Now, I'm not saying a multi-millionaire such as the person behind the Thistle Weir development should be sent begging letters, but if a fans group could at least obtain the support of someone like that, it would mean any possible future investment would go through people who have the interests of the club as their only concern, not "Thistle-minded" business people who are obviously more concerned about clawing some, any kind of profit out of Thistle at any cost.

As for me, I too am up in the North East, I've got Dens, Tannadice, Pittodrie, Perth next season, and maybe trips to Falkirk or Edinburgh. I don't need to return to the morgue that was once Firhill, and will likely be again next season.

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 1

Just reading that thru it's just so flawed.

I think now that the cards are on the table we should separate the facts and issues from the presentation. I don't believe it will serve any purpose harking on at the moment about three aspects of the presentation, the treatment of Ian & Dave, the overall way this is being handled and the patronising way it's getting put across.. Keep that on the back burner for the time being and concentrate on the specifics.

In other words just say NO to it. If they don't listen, wear no colours and pay at the gate and go in the North Stand. Just threatening to do should be enough. I'm not aware of any law that says "neutrals" can't sit/stand in the "away end" of the ground. Anyway not everybody reads websites and could easily find themselves in the North Stand in error

• Members

The Club is saying all the right things in that statement but at the same time, totally missing the point. Firhill is OUR home ground. Our fans want to sit/stand where they have been for the last 2 seasons. In the North Stand. There is no reason whatsoever that's apparent to me that they cant accommodate away fans where they want to place our fans? If it's good enough for Thistle fans, then it's good enough for away fans surely?

The piece about the fans behind the dugout is just nonsense. I'm sure Archie and Scott are desperate to get fans behind them telling them where they are going wrong who should be getting subbed and who should be going on.

I find it very difficult to understand why our Board think it's more important to satisfy the away support rather than the home support?

• Like 1

What if Rangers get promoted next season and we get relegated? Will anyone who is left that has moved to the Main Stand then be shunted back to the North Stand?

This is an excellent point. We'll be the bookies and pundit's favourite to go straight down next season, and maybe we will. So what happens then? Will the Main Stand remain open at all? I doubt it. So another merry-go-round will commence in earnest.

So in short, to avoid the disruption of moving fans for the visit of Celtic once or twice, we move them permanently to the poorest stand in the ground on the promise that it'll have a neice shiny sink and flags draped over.

What a load of nonsense! I sit in the JHS but the sound and atmosphere created by the NS is fantastic and helps enhance the matchday experience.

As others have said, there are far easier solutions available than this which seems to have been drawn up on the hoof, probably following a few criticisms from other SPFL chairmen!

In other words just say NO to it. If they don't listen, wear no colours and pay at the gate and go in the North Stand.

They still win and won't care. It's a business, remember? So long as they've got your cash what the f**k does it matter to them?

And I don't know about you, but I'm not going to Firhill to sit with the away fans.

Pathetic statement - Beattie and Co should be ashamed!

Not a single good reason for the move. Some comments are contradictory e.g. need fans behind dugouts but they will be at end of the stand?!

Archie and bench need more home support than the players on the pitch - aye right!

To mention Rangers "imminent" return is beyond a joke. I am actually embarrassed by that comment and reason.

To bring Archie into the argument is also ridiculous.

I AM APPALLED BY THIS FIASCO - BEATTIE AND ALL THOSE BEHIND THIS DECISION CAN LEAVE THE CLUB!

Edited by mhs