Danny Lennon

allyo

Wouldn't be my thing to start a thread about another teams manager but as he's ex thistle it seems justified. Just heard his interview on radio and thought it sounded so humble, dignified and whatever happens I'd wish him all the best. If Archie keeps is up for the next three years and wins the league cup I don't think I'd be calling for him to be replaced.

• Like 1

St Mirren fans are deluded. Lennon was asked to consolodate St them as a top division team (which wasn't a sure thing when he took over). He has achieved that and got a solid team as well as a national cup. Chick Dung saying they should be building on it and being in top six. His quote was if Caley and St Jonstone can, why can't we? Ignoring the fact that Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Killie aren't top six - even the likes of us, Dunfermline, Dundee etc are as big clubs. A new manager won't do any better, but as with anything fans always want more. By all accounts sounds as if Lennon won't be there next season. Sure he'll find work soon enough in division one, or perhaps even the Morton post.

Maybe with Sevco and Hearts out of it and with Hibs so dismal this year, there is maybe a case for saying that St Mirren, should be competing with St Johnstone and Inverness(and Motherwell) for a top 6 spot. However, with 2 healthy teams from Glasgow and Edinburgh and one from Aberdeen, there should really only be 1 spot to be going for in the top 6.

If you thought about it St Mirren, Killie and Hibs are the 3 teams that have underachieved this season - everybody else has met or exceeded expectation

St Mirren fans are deluded. Lennon was asked to consolodate St them as a top division team (which wasn't a sure thing when he took over). He has achieved that and got a solid team as well as a national cup. Chick Dung saying they should be building on it and being in top six. His quote was if Caley and St Jonstone can, why can't we? Ignoring the fact that Rangers, Hibs, Hearts, Killie aren't top six - even the likes of us, Dunfermline, Dundee etc are as big clubs. A new manager won't do any better, but as with anything fans always want more. By all accounts sounds as if Lennon won't be there next season. Sure he'll find work soon enough in division one, or perhaps even the Morton post.

The same Chick Young who had a go at Thistle fans for turning on Collins because we had the cheek to want the team to better than last.

Maybe with Sevco and Hearts out of it and with Hibs so dismal this year, there is maybe a case for saying that St Mirren, should be competing with St Johnstone and Inverness(and Motherwell) for a top 6 spot. However, with 2 healthy teams from Glasgow and Edinburgh and one from Aberdeen, there should really only be 1 spot to be going for in the top 6.

If you thought about it St Mirren, Killie and Hibs are the 3 teams that have underachieved this season - everybody else has met or exceeded expectation

I don't think 8th is underachieving for St Mirren.

I think its ridiculous that St Mirren are even considering releasing. As for the dignity remark - he is one of the most genuine and dignified people you could ever meet.

Every interview the guy has given whether at Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath or St Mirren the guy is honest, dignified and genuine. A more opposite Manager to someone like John Brown you could not meet

I think its ridiculous that St Mirren are even considering releasing. As for the dignity remark - he is one of the most genuine and dignified people you could ever meet.

Every interview the guy has given whether at Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Cowdenbeath or St Mirren the guy is honest, dignified and genuine. A more opposite Manager to someone like John Brown you could not meet

I agree with that .... I met him in August at a hotel in Edinburgh and spoke to him about his time at Thistle ... Lively guy

As I see it if Danny was to resign tomorrow, even with what I would describe as a very respectable CV, he wouldn't be guaranteed to get a corresponding position. In fact I sense he'd have to drop his standards. Gilmour knows that only too well and can exploit it. No way to treat a dignified guy like Lennon. Says more about Gilmour's complete lack of dignity than anything else.

As I see it if Danny was to resign tomorrow, even with what I would describe as a very respectable CV, he wouldn't be guaranteed to get a corresponding position. In fact I sense he'd have to drop his standards. Gilmour knows that only too well and can exploit it. No way to treat a dignified guy like Lennon. Says more about Gilmour's complete lack of dignity than anything else.

I hate LIBs post as they are very sensible and generally agreeable, poster of the year easily.

• Like 1

Was at the Jags Hall of Fame night when Danny was inducted. Spoke very well and has a very good track record as a manager. Far from perfect (e.g. Djemba Djemba and that French guy who stepped off the plane and into the team to play us!), as he would be the first to admit, but definitely "in credit". Just ridiculous that his position is in question but overly demanding fans are not exclusive to Paisley.

Danny is a legend at Firhill. Managers usually have a shelf life of 3/4 years at a club. Would hope Danny will be manager here one day, after Archie departs. If Danny had won us a trophy and kept us in the top league he would be treated like a God at Firhill. Think St Mirren are gonna regret this big time