Ttl 1975/76 Top

potty trained

34pm7a0.jpg

I agree the umbro's (logo's) are cool, but i'd still snap up a decent bootleg, or Copa version, without them. I'd excuse the lack of diamond detail as an anti-airdrie fashion statement.

Badge in the middle, RED and yellow strips ( as opposed to YELLOW and red, know?), black trim and no sponsor. First top I saw them play in. For me, matched with black shorts and red socks, it's THE Thistle strip.

Still ... i'll be getting the Copa top when i can. :thumbsup2:

Sorry realise it wasnt Northernsoul who posted the picture, where did you get this from chewingumemacroonbaz absolutely fantastic mate? Are they selling box sets of these?

Was just having a look through TTL's Thistle section and came across this new item.

Looks like a cracking version. The thing that used to annoy me about the toffs strips was the badge was too small... This one is spot on.

http://www.teamwears...tro-shirt-.html

I had one of those strips in long sleeves when younger and it stretched. Just 'googled' Harry Johnston/Jackie \Campbell to see 'images' of this strip. Hmmmmm, I wonder if its still in a drawer at my mums house. I could NEVER bring myself to throw anything THISTLE out. :fan:

Edited by Tob Jag

I got the frame from Ikea. It's got a thick plastic front, so you can get quite a bit behind it.

All the tops i got in it are kids sizes so really that's why I put them all in the one frame. Beleive me, if i could squeeze into them I'd be rockin that shit every day! B)

They'd look ok in seperate frames, but I like the montage and it saves on wall space. No pinning, just laid them out, a bit of padding behind them to hold them in place, and built the frame around them.

There's an early 80's white away top inside the tracky top, which I wanted to show but, it's a bit of a job getting things just the way you want them and was happy with the first attempt so just left it as you see it.

The flag behind the tops is a classic. Got it from a pal, who i think said he got it from an ad in Shoot magazine in the late 70s/early 80s. "Partick Thistle Football Club" with 2 footballs either side of the F.A. cup in the middle. Considering we beat Spurs to win the British cup in 1921, I think we have legitimate claim to fly it! :thumbsup2:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

Curious to know what white away top from the 80s it is you have. Judging by that second photo I'm assuming it isn't a Watson Towers top?

2jfg12g.jpg

Minus the sponsor, short sleeved and tiny.... I'm sure my shorts had Umbro's down the sides though. '83/'84.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz