Ttl 1975/76 Top

potty trained

Was just having a look through TTL's Thistle section and came across this new item.

Looks like a cracking version. The thing that used to annoy me about the toffs strips was the badge was too small... This one is spot on.

http://www.teamwearscotland.com/partick-thistle-replica-store/495-partick-thistle-retro-shirt-.html

I see it is made by Copa Football, a Dutch company - maybe the Amsterdam Jags presence has forced them into doing this :-).

Their flagship store is down near Centraal Station, think I will take a wander down this afternoon and see if they have it in stock :thumbsup2:

Great sports shop, even sells beer. Would like to know if you are able to get the Jags top there today, as I'm going to see the Modfather this Sat. at the Paradiso and would pop in to Copa if they have them in stock.

Great sports shop, even sells beer. Would like to know if you are able to get the Jags top there today, as I'm going to see the Modfather this Sat. at the Paradiso and would pop in to Copa if they have them in stock.

Am heading down there shortly to see if I can get it - hopefully as it is their Flagship store and is supposed to sell their entire range.

My mates are going to gig as well on Saturday, great venue. Shame Paul Weller doe not drink now but when he lived here about 5 years ago he used to always drink in Cafe De Koe on Marnixstraat and especially in Cafe Chaos on Looriegracht, both 5 mins walk from Paradiso and both great wee bars.

Not on sale in shop here - I have to contact HQ in Breda to see if they have any in stock and ask for it to be delivered to shop here in Amsterdam

Got a nice mail; back from COPA Football, the manufacturers of the top -

"Thank you for your interest in COPA.

You've spotted the Partick Thistle shirt very well. It's our latest addition to the collection and will be launched in the upcoming months, being part of our new Fall Winter 2015 collection.

It is now only available in the official club store, but if you wait we will be able to send one to our Amsterdam flagship store too for you."

So it looks like only available direct from TTL for time being but it will be put into official COPA catalogue in coming months

Diamonds weren't introduced until 2 seasons later...

Hard to believe folk put up with us changing our strip 4 times in 4 years back then!

http://www.ptfcnet.c...ts/1975-83.html

But at least they weren't asking people to buy them back then! I'm probably in the minority but I like that blue and yellow away number. Very 70's.

The umbro diamonds down the arm are a big favourite of mine.

However, they are a trademark and therefore can't be used on a retro shirt unless it's made by umbro themselves.

I suppose a licensing deal could be done for them but I doubt it would be worth the investment for a PTFC shirt, given the small numbers that would be sold.

The umbro diamonds down the arm are a big favourite of mine.

However, they are a trademark and therefore can't be used on a retro shirt unless it's made by umbro themselves.

I suppose a licensing deal could be done for them but I doubt it would be worth the investment for a PTFC shirt, given the small numbers that would be sold.

34pm7a0.jpg

I agree the umbro's (logo's) are cool, but i'd still snap up a decent bootleg, or Copa version, without them. I'd excuse the lack of diamond detail as an anti-airdrie fashion statement.

Badge in the middle, RED and yellow strips ( as opposed to YELLOW and red, know?), black trim and no sponsor. First top I saw them play in. For me, matched with black shorts and red socks, it's THE Thistle strip.

Still ... i'll be getting the Copa top when i can. :thumbsup2:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz