@ 89Min 31Secs Of The Game Tonight

How does he explain that to a few thousand angry englishmen outside the ground brave man

He is a brave man when you think of how stupid he would look if England had won.

Gave me a good laugh at the time when i seen him but that away top is still terrible and will at least give the English something to taunt him back with.

That's the only way you will see one of our tops at a World Cup, cos we are pish!!!

To be honest it's a little bit embarrassing we have fans going to World Cup Finals in Scotland gear supporting Englands opponents. (even if it's still a bit funny)

• Like 2

To be honest it's a little bit embarrassing we have fans going to World Cup Finals in Scotland gear supporting Englands opponents. (even if it's still a bit funny)

As embarrassing as Scottish folk wearing England tops to go and watch a Scottish club team?

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 4

A seminal moment. I absolutely loved that when the cameras panned in on him. Funny as fcuk seeing all the hype-junkies 'still believing' and disillusioned to within an inch of their lives down here; and, alas, that includes a number of friends.

Taking up on Dave J's point - couldn't agree more: what an affront seeing Scots who follow a certain outfit, recently formed, wearing the colours of the country south of the border. Pathologically pathetic.

• Like 1

Was in Ayr the other day and noticed some betting company clad 3rd strip lumpen wearer of a jersey which - to my untutored eye -seemed to have a shadow background of a quarter union flag on it - I thought this curious so had a look at the press releases for the betting advert shirt recently launched by The rangers - and I must admit it does seem to have a shadow (perhaps better described as shady) design which resembles the lower left quadrant of a union flag on it.

Seems a pity if something a trite as a betting company advert 3rd choice jersey is being peddled to the weak minded as a sporting garment but is also aimed at conveying a political message, and, of course, the wearers are ignorant enough to act as billboards.

If I was lucky enough to go to a World Cup I'd certainly be wearing a Scotland top an saltire to whatever match I went to. If one of those involved our biggest rivals then even more so. Good luck to the guy, I'm sure he'd have had a fantastic night with the Uruguyuan fans. Still half expecting to see England qualify

Great result !! Brave man !! Certainly not expecting Engerland to qualify on that showing , and very happy that they don't , it will of course be followed by reams and reams of after event analysis by the usual farts who are overpaid from my tv licence fee to talk the most utter drivel possible, I'll be out on the golf course for the next fortnight and be hoping by that time the post mortem will be finished , c'mon Uruguay !!!!

As embarrassing as Scottish folk wearing England tops to go and watch a Scottish club team?

Or other nationalities from fans supporting other teams. One of my pet dislikes, particularly the holier than thou attitude that accompanies it....

Still we should't need to stoop to their level and, speaking a s a Scotland fan, I found that image a bit embarrassing to be honest. I'd hoped we were mature enough not to define part of 'what we are' through that kind of wind up. But each to their own..

It's a good laugh.

I don't really see how there is any issue, offence or embarrassment. If it was the other way around, I certainly would not expect to see hoards of England fans cheering Scotland on. If Thistle get knocked out the Scottish Cup are we all meant to support Rangers/Celtic for the remainder (providing they get further than us!!!) as they are our neighbours? Not a hope in hell!

As far as I see it, it is expected rivalry and no real harm. At least we can say Scotland have some form of representation in Rio!

• Like 4