Fleetwood Score

topcat

With the new season approaching I am now certainly getting worried about the lack of signings and I ain't no knicker wetter!! Be interesting to hear what the troops that were at the game today have to say, but I find it astonishing that we had no trialists on show with the league starting a week on Wednesday

Edited by Lindau

With the new season approaching I am now certainly getting worried about the lack of signings and I ain't no knicker wetter!! Be interesting to hear what the troops that were at the game today have to say, but I find it astonishing that we had no trialists on show with the league starting next Wednesday

could not agree more!

With the new season approaching I am now certainly getting worried about the lack of signings and I ain't no knicker wetter!! Be interesting to hear what the troops that were at the game today have to say, but I find it astonishing that we had no trialists on show with the league starting next Wednesday

Must concur with these sentiments, all being equal, we've not really strengthened since last season. Next season has all the makings of a long hard season.

With the new season approaching I am now certainly getting worried about the lack of signings and I ain't no knicker wetter!! Be interesting to hear what the troops that were at the game today have to say, but I find it astonishing that we had no trialists on show with the league starting a week on Wednesday

???????

Have faith you pissy pants. Archibald's super dooper tactics will make up for his lack of signings.

And in the result of that failing he still has The Celtic Destroyer, Jimmy Craigen.

Gawd, it's gonna be a long season!!

Edited by Lindau

I don't think 4 or 5 signings are required. More like two. Two additions to last seasons squad would have seen us stay up very comfortably.

My slight concern is that the glaringly obvious defects which made the first half of last season pretty tough, don't appear to have been addressed. Which is quite a surprise as I thought we would have seen last season as a lesson and sorted these issues as a priority.

Again, I still think we're stronger than Hamilton and better than Kilmarnock, possibly St Mirren, so I'm not panicking. However, with an additional forward and a left back or centre back I'd be far more content.

Last season we were understandably reluctant to spend too much money, but I'd have thought there would be a bit extra available this year to strengthen and consolidate. I think we have a real chance to nail down a place in this division for a long spell, but we need to continually improve if that's to happen. (That doesn't mean spending silly money by the way)

Off the top of my head, Bauben, Osborne Taylor, ATS, Mair, Moncur and the likelyhood of Piccolo going as well also add Sean Welsh to that as he was a regular at the start of last season. With the exception of Moncur, all 1st team regulars and we have brought in two players. Seriously think we need more than one or two additions!

Edited by Lindau

Off the top of my head, Bauben, Osborne Taylor, ATS, Mair, Moncur and the likelyhood of Piccolo going as well also add Sean Welsh to that as he was a regular at the start of last season. With the exception of Moncur, all 1st team regulars and we have brought in two players. Seriously think we need more than one or two additions!

Bauben came in for Osbourne, after it was clear he was gubbed for the season. This position has now been filled. Moncur was an irrelevance. Which brings us to ATS, Mair and Taylor which I think we all know are positions we're looking to fill

We need 3. Left-back, centre-back, striker.

In close season Archie said we needed about 6 in. We have got two, so disappointing to hear him say he is hoping to get one or maybe two more in. Looks like he is gonna give the promising youngsters like Lindsay, Wilson Duggan and McDaid more of a chance this season. No bad thing, but it carries a risk factor!

In close season Archie said we needed about 6 in. We have got two, so disappointing to hear him say he is hoping to get one or maybe two more in. Looks like he is gonna give the promising youngsters like Lindsay, Wilson Duggan and McDaid more of a chance this season. No bad thing, but it carries a risk factor!

Agreed

So far our defence looks worse than last season !

Also add to that Erskine who came in. Welsh is still not ready to play, rumours Elliot is going out on loan.

We have 2 keepers (Gall and Fox)

0 recognised left back

2 right backs (SOD & Jordon)

2 centre halfs if Gabby goes (Contad & Muirhead)

3 fit defensive midfielders (Banzo, Osman, Frazer)

5 Attacking midfielders (Lawless, Higgy, Stevenson, Elliot, Craigan)

1 forward (Doolan)

We have very little cover unless some of the young boys are ready to step up from U-20s to SPFL

• Like 2

Also add to that Erskine who came in. Welsh is still not ready to play, rumours Elliot is going out on loan.

We have 2 keepers (Gall and Fox)

0 recognised left back

2 right backs (SOD & Jordon)

2 centre halfs if Gabby goes (Contad & Muirhead)

3 fit defensive midfielders (Banzo, Osman, Frazer)

5 Attacking midfielders (Lawless, Higgy, Stevenson, Elliot, Craigan)

1 forward (Doolan)

We have very little cover unless some of the young boys are ready to step up from U-20s to SPFL

Putting it like that.....very concerning !