Thistle Sign Left Back Jake Carroll

Trotter

Quite happy it's only a loan deal always assuming the quality is there. Keenan has at least proved he's a useful stand in and he should kick on from this experience. Gives Archie some breathing space to either sign a decent left back (rare commodities) in January and reassess Keenan. I'm not sure that we're well enough covered to send Dale out on loan unless it's one where he can be recalled.

Quite happy it's only a loan deal always assuming the quality is there. Keenan has at least proved he's a useful stand in and he should kick on from this experience. Gives Archie some breathing space to either sign a decent left back (rare commodities) in January and reassess Keenan. I'm not sure that we're well enough covered to send Dale out on loan unless it's one where he can be recalled.

Keenan can get game time with the under-20s and is versatile enough to come off the big team bench for several positions. Speaking of which I see our new signing can also play in midfield which may be useful. Don't forget McMillan should be fit in a few weeks. Perhaps by January Keenan will be considered a good first team option.

Brave decision by Archie to sign a left back that wasn't found by Kni on Google.

Looks a good signing and played matches at a decent level.

And who did you suggest wise guy? La Scimmia Rosa said that there were no decent left-backs available at the time so I suggested Lappin and Chantler who were listed as free agents on the PFA's transfer list. The PFA publishes the list to help managers recruit players who are available. They are now at St Johnstone and Kilmarnock and their fans seem very happy with them. They must have been terrible suggestions if they are playing for clubs who finished above us last season! :rolleyes:

Huddersfield signed Jack Robinson (ex Liverpool) from QPR on a season loan yesterday and immediately made Carroll available. If Jake's better than our former trialist Jordan Mustoe (who signed for Accrington Stanley), he should be a good signing. Wikipedia says that Carroll made 4 appearances for Hudderfield. He joined Bury on a month's loan in February, making 8 appearances. Should be raring to go!

Edited by kni

My cousin works at St Pats in Ireland . His summary:

"Jake left us last summer to go over to Huddersfield, seemed to start well there but not sure what happened after that.

Always felt he was a decent player and never let Pats down but I felt he was rated higher than he should have been.

Hope it works out well for him as he's a really lovely lad - we had him on the radio show a few times.

Plays left back primarily, but he couldn't shift Bermo with us as he's so consistent and never injured but slotted into midfield a few times and didn't look out of place.

He's comfortable on the ball with a languid style – like a good Phil Babb! " :clapping: