January Window

ayrshire jag

We definitely need to get a left-back in. That's the only position we're in dire need of strengthening.

If McMillan is out of the picture for the rest of the season then we'll also need another full-back just so we're not sweating over injuries. Personally I hope he's back soon but there's little information out there, so I'm not sure if it's possible.

I'd like to get a winger in to add to our depth there but if that's not possible I won't lose any sleep over it.

My own view is that we're fine up front with Doolan / Eccleston / Stevenson / Duggan all options.

To sum up - one signing required. Two if McMillan doesn't come back. Three if we have the luxury and the right player becomes available.

I thought Duggan was still on loan at QP but out injured anyway?

True but anyway I would say McDaid is well ahead of Duggan now as he's had a couple of starts and a few other run-outs in the first team. In fact reckon he looks promising enough we should get him on contract soon as he's played in the first team often enough to have maybe been noticed by another team.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Do you think he'll still be worth his place in his 80s?

got another eight years as a player with us, he has, and to get in top three of our all time scorers.

then coaching, followed by a couple of decades as our most successful manager.

then director, then chairman, then lifetime honorary president and board member.

that covers up to 2070.

next question? :crazy:

True but anyway I would say McDaid is well ahead of Duggan now as he's had a couple of starts and a few other run-outs in the first team. In fact reckon he looks promising enough we should get him on contract soon as he's played in the first team often enough to have maybe been noticed by another team.

If the club offers McDaid a new contract in writing, on similar or slightly better terms, another team would have to pay us compensation to sign him. The compensation rules apply to players who are under 23 at the end of the season.

Edited by kni

Must say if u look at Archie's signings over the season stevenson Oman seaborne frans Carroll out of the 5 only 1has been a bit of a let down he seems to really try hang on for the best he can possibly get rather than panic so hopefully we can can get a wee surprise before window shuts

You left Eccleston off that list.

• Like 1

Must say if u look at Archie's signings over the season stevenson Oman seaborne frans Carroll out of the 5 only 1has been a bit of a let down he seems to really try hang on for the best he can possibly get rather than panic so hopefully we can can get a wee surprise before window shuts

I've seen people criticizing Archie's signings/contacts on here before but I'm with you - his record is very decent. Okay you've got the likes of Kerr, Mukendi, Baird but you've also got Osbourne, Taylor, Higginbotham, Fraser. Add to that as you say, Frans, Seaborne, Osman. When he gets it right he really gets it right.

No one can get it right all the time, I'd imagine compared to other managers in this league his record is favourable. And you can also say when he signs a dud, he recognises it early and doesn't play them often. Piccolo the exception.

Edited by ThickAsThieves
  • Like 1

I've seen people criticizing Archie's signings/contacts on here before but I'm with you - his record is very decent. Okay you've got the likes of Kerr, Mukendi, Baird but you've also got Osbourne, Taylor, Higginbotham, Fraser. Add to that as you say, Frans, Seaborne, Osman. When he gets it right he really gets it right.

No one can get it right all the time, I'd imagine compared to other managers in this league his record is favourable. And you can also say when he signs a dud, he recognises it early and doesn't play them often. Piccolo the exception.

very favourable compared to most. Did he not sign Gall as well?

Eccleston has played 163 minutes scoring 2 goals - thats more than a goal a game in minutes wise (I understand last nights game was a bit of an exception). If Doolan is our main man, then I would suggest Eccleston is a capable back up, I think he's done well in his limited time and is maybe getting his attitude together now.

• Like 1

Stevenson is fast becoming our best player I think. While Dools scored 4, and Lawless provided lots of the creative quality and end products, I thought Stevenson controlled much of the game for us that allowed Dools and Lawless to perform so well.

Thats Frans played 5, with 4 clean sheets and one penalty that wasn't from a normal defensive error. Some record - look so composed as a team when he plays.

Even if players leave at least we have a decent core to our team to be fair frans seaborne Fraser brannigan Stevenson Doolan ! Would hate to see wee lawless leave even tho most are worried about higgy, I can see lawless getting stolen from us if we don't try tir him up improved so much

Noooooooooooooooooo please tell me we ain't signed Brannigan again !!!

Eccelston is a strange one. He hasn't really had a lot of time on the pitch to show what he can do but he hasn't really gone and grabbed his chance either.

I'd like to see him to get more game time as there could be a decent player there now that's he fit.

Lyle Taylor was mediocre in a few games as well remember.