Ryan Stevenson

ayrshire jag

Paton came across as a total bawsack when he left Thistle. Saying on Twitter that he wanted to fight the people that were giving him stick about it.

I'm not surprised he's attacked someone when he had 2 mates with him and the poor guy was with his wife and trying to get into a taxi.

There are already some crazed Celtic fans out there looking for him.

Karma is a bitch.

Paton came across as a total bawsack when he left Thistle. Saying on Twitter that he wanted to fight the people that were giving him stick about it.

I'm not surprised he's attacked someone when he had 2 mates with him and the poor guy was with his wife and trying to get into a taxi.

There are already some crazed Celtic fans out there looking for him.

Karma is a bitch.

Thought this might be of interest to you. Karma could be a real bitch.

http://www.independe...ar-9805004.html

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

I would very much doubt stevensons thistle career is over after playing what 5 games

At some point there are going to be injuries or suspensions

Second the guy is on a 2 year deal with the option of a third for all we know the contract could be that he chooses whether to have a third or not

Third if he was released he is not going to hearts they don't need him and I know if I was being offered good wages at an spl thistle for a good couple of years or offer of a payoff and away to Ayr united on much poorer wages I know financially what I would choose

Fourth I don't get on for this the guy is garbage. He set up a goal against Ross county and one against Inverness. The other 4-5 games he has been poor st mirren, Hamilton , killie etc but I have to say only a couple of players were decent in those games

I think there's no way Archie will be getting rid of tho like the rest of us he will expect him to seriously buck up his ideas

It's not a dig at anyone but we're scraping the bottom of the barrel when looking for even a glimmer of positivity when it comes to him.

His attitude in the Hamilton game was an utter disgrace. We've looked far better since he's been benched.

Is he a holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder, a striker, a winger? Elliott has done more in 5 minutes than RS has done in 5 games.

I want him to come good but by all accounts he's playing exactly the same way for us as he did for Hearts, apart from the horrendous 4-2 game at Firhill against us.

I fear that he's just there to collect his big wages and he doesn't care if he plays or not.

I think there's no way Archie will be getting rid of tho like the rest of us he will expect him to seriously buck up his ideas

Archie may not be able to get rid of him because of his contract but if he had the choice he'd probably be gone tomorrow.

The question is ,can he buck up his ideas? I don't think there is one fan who thinks he can.

A good signing on paper and a pi5h one on grass.

I don't think you can write off an established premier league player this early in his Thistle career. Hasn't worked out so far but I still think he could turn out okay. Not being an automatic choice might actually help.

Early in his Thistle career ! My follow up to this will be as quick as Ryan's ******* effort to make a career with the Jags !

Undoubtedly a first for me in getting annoyed at a Thistle Player during the half-time runabout for the subs. Stevenson spent his time trying to hit the crossbar from the centre circle and after blootering a ball into the Bing, he commandeered another ball leaving the three U-21's and Ecclestone one ball between them.

I don't remember ever feeling so negative about the attitude of a Thistle Player.

• Members

Undoubtedly a first for me in getting annoyed at a Thistle Player during the half-time runabout for the subs. Stevenson spent his time trying to hit the crossbar from the centre circle and after blootering a ball into the Bing, he commandeered another ball leaving the three U-21's and Ecclestone one ball between them.

I don't remember ever feeling so negative about the attitude of a Thistle Player.

I thought that was actually Paul Gallagher having the 'hit the bar' competition with Eccleston. It started off with Eccleston having numerous attempts and Gall retrieving it then a loose turn about before Gall had a few attempts in a row.

So, if his attitude is wrong (I'm more reluctant to make the accusation, but I see the point), I wonder if this is something that's always been part of his make-up, something he's developed at the Jags, or something that he'll work through.

Don't want to labour the point here but if you ask Hearts fans or even the reason why Levein didn't see him as part of his future plans there...

Again, when Archie signed him, where did he see him fitting in the tactics/system we play- bearing in mind they don't seem to change.

Up front? Not mobile enough to run the channels it seems.

In behind front player? Not busting a gut to get in the box.

Wide? Where Hearts played him most last season coming in to link up with front player is only possibility I can see but then do you drop Higgy or Lawless- who arguably has been our best performer so far this season.

Maybe just now when Higgy is out would be the perfect time to try this but Archie stuck in a rigid system where he wants his wide player to drop back & cover hence the reason the 'work rate' of Elliot picked ahead of Stevenson.