Elliott Tribute At Hamilton Game.

jagfox

I like others may have wondered what Christie's blue t-shirt celebration was all about when he grabbed our third goal yesterday.

According to an interview in today's Sunday Mail (I know, I know) it was a tribute the sad passing of one of his best pal's Aaron Todd.

Elliott said,"I had been wanting to do that celebration for a while. It was for my best friend Aaron Todd who passed away when I was younger.

"It was his dream to also become a proffesional so I want to show I'm proud of him.

"It's a personal thing I keep to myselr. From an early age we were best mates and played football together. We were both strikers so every day I do it for him as well.

Moving onto the match Elliott stated, "It just feels like a defeat. To come back from 2-0 down to draw 3-3 - everyone's just gutted in the changing room.

"Going 3-2 up then losing a goal in the last second was devastating. It was a good strime but that's happened to us too many times."

©Sunday Mail

Seems like he's got his head pretty screwed on and I'll forgive him the booking ;)

Hopefully he can continue to improve his game and add a few more goals.

• Like 2

Love Christie to bits.

Christie typifies the Jags.

Someone who knows he's had a break as a professional footballer and wants to make the most of it.

He's our Ikechi Anya.

He works so hard for the team.

As an aside, and one for the stattos - his first game was as a sub v Hamilton, and he scored within five minutes of coming on.

How many goals has he scored for the Jags in his three years with us, and how many v Hamilton?

• Like 1

13 and 4, by the looks of it, although Socerbase lists him as a goalkeeper and doesn't include his debut against Hamilton. By 'typifies the Jags' do you mean not quite good enough?

Not at all.

The Jags have a history of getting that little bit extra out of some players - think Chic Charnley (useless everywhere else) and Albert Craig (nothing further needed).

Christie has something that Archie feels is useful to the team, and is prepared to work hard to make that a reality.

So fair play to him.

He seems like a nice lad, but he seems to be here to make up the numbers. That's fine. We need squad players. He's our Josh Magennis in a sense, but a little less useful.

Disagree I think Christie brings a different depth to the team especially with his speed, attitude and work rate, out of our current squad I would always have him in the 1st 16 on a match day

• Like 2

Disagree I think Christie brings a different depth to the team especially with his speed, attitude and work rate, out of our current squad I would always have him in the 1st 16 on a match day

I'd agree.

Two or three years ago I'd never believe he'd make it as a premier league player. I didn't think he was good enough for us when we were a mid table first division team. But he's proved me wrong.

By 'typifies the Jags' do you mean not quite good enough?

There's many an ex Jag player from decades past, lauded on this and previous Thistle websites, who couldn't match Elliott for talent. Conversely we've had plenty of past players with far more talent than Christie that turned out to be unworthy of our adulation.

Personally I don't feel Elliott is in anyway a fish out of water in our division. No great potential for vast improvement admittedly but his speed, strength and of course effort go quite a long way to compensate. I think he personifies what being a "Jags Player" is all about. That's not necessarily a compliment :)