St. Mirren Seating

Dark Passenger

We were in a party of four today. I asked two stewards if it was allocated seating or not and got two different answers as did two others of our party So to go back to the OP, yes it's got to be one thing or another. Hopefully it'll always be sit anywhere but like at say Tyncastle that's made abundantly clear. Our seats were already occupied and we ended up in two different areas. So what. If we really wanted to sit in one group of four we would've arrived earlier.

Someone else has posted (maybe others) that you're given a seat number so sit in it. Firstly that's one sure way to kill off whatever atmosphere is left in the game, tho' if the ground's going to be a sell out that's of course a different matter. Secondly who in their right mind, provided they arrive at a reasonable time, is going to sit in an allocated seat at the likes of Dens Pk unless they've got a "not too restricted" view? Are you really going to venture on say a 160 mile round trip knowing, even when you're in the ground early, you could be seated without a view of one penalty area and the goalmouth?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

We were in a party of four today. I asked two stewards if it was allocated seating or not and got two different answers as did two others of our party So to go back to the OP, yes it's got to be one thing or another. Hopefully it'll always be sit anywhere but like at say Tyncastle that's made abundantly clear. Our seats were already occupied and we ended up in two different areas. So what. If we really wanted to sit in one group of four we would've arrived earlier.

Someone else has posted (maybe others) that you're given a seat number so sit in it. Firstly that's one sure way to kill off whatever atmosphere is left in the game, tho' if the ground's going to be a sell out that's of course a different matter. Secondly who in their right mind, provided they arrive at a reasonable time, is going to sit in an allocated seat at the likes of Dens Pk unless they've got a "not too restricted" view? Are you really going to venture on say a 160 mile round trip knowing, even when you're in the ground early, you could be seated without a view of one penalty area and the goalmouth?

The difference between the Dens Park scenario and today is that the stand was full today.

We need to remember families and elderly folk attend our games and don't want the hassle of scrambling to find seats together at kick off, they buy tickets together for a reason so telling them to find other seats when your sitting in theirs is out of order. We are meant to be one club one set of fans, so a bit of respect for others. If you really need seats next to your mates on the day buy tickets together prior to the day.

Firhill North Stand rules are the only show in town for games like this as far as I'm concerned. Obviously, games where a sell-out or really big travelling support is anticipated need a different approach, but as a rule of thumb, clubs should try not to be over officious where possible.

All that said, ambiguous messages from club stewards is the worst case scenario - if seat numbers are to be adhered to, have that made clear, otherwise it has to be sit wherever you want, made equally clear by the chaps in hi-vis.

• Like 1

Firhill North Stand rules are the only show in town for games like this as far as I'm concerned. Obviously, games where a sell-out or really big travelling support is anticipated need a different approach, but as a rule of thumb, clubs should try not to be over officious where possible.

There were 1350 Thistle fans there yesterday.

Me and my son got tickets one after each other in the queue and we were given seats sections apart nevermind rows.

I was down south for work last week, why should I need to prioritise my life around a game where there was clearly going to be plenty of room in the end.

**** up from St. Mirren initially, but the seat nazis really need to get a life. Or turn up before 2 minutes to 3.

Obviously St Mirren caused the problem. Daft idea.

Me and my Dad sat in different seats from our allocation, so that we could sit together, having queued together. But if someone had come along with their allocated ticket for these seats we'd have moved. No problem. Nothing that a bit of common sense and respect couldn't address. So I don't really see the big problem.

Me and my son got tickets one after each other in the queue and we were given seats sections apart nevermind rows.

I was down south for work last week, why should I need to prioritise my life around a game where there was clearly going to be plenty of room in the end.

**** up from St. Mirren initially, but the seat nazis really need to get a life. Or turn up before 2 minutes to 3.

Me and my father were one after each other in the queue, and you know what we did? Bought our tickets together. Not difficult.

You want people to listen to you, you probably shouldn't call people who can follow rules "seat nazis", unless you don't mind being a dick.

The fault here lies with St. Mirren of course. They shouldn't be telling people different things.

If it's a case of "sit where you want" then why even print seat numbers on the tickets?

It's not the first time we've taken a big support to that ground and the same problems were there at both our visits last season. So they've had plenty of time to sort it out.

It's a football game, not the opera, just sit somewhere else and don't be a ****. You're there to support a team, not cause a fuss over such a pathetic issue.

Good point, I'll remember your advice next time I pay full price for my ticket and end up having to sit in the front row of a stand, behind a goal, in a fckin storm. Like I did last season.

Good point, I'll remember your advice next time I pay full price for my ticket and end up having to sit in the front row of a stand, behind a goal, in a fckin storm. Like I did last season.

That's a bit harsh. Everybody paid the same. It is just luck what seat number is printed in your ticket. I suppose you would have a point if you actually chose your seat number when you bought the ticket ?

That's a bit harsh. Everybody paid the same. It is just luck what seat number is printed in your ticket. I suppose you would have a point if you actually chose your seat number when you bought the ticket ?

Yup, like going to the club the fortnight before kick off and asking for a seat as far back as possible in a stand which doesn't have the most generous of views. Which we did, last season.

But according to some, to expect to sit in that seat makes you a ****.

• Like 2

One thing I don't see the point of is when tickets for a sit anywhere venue (which is the norm) are sold at Firhill in the days leading up to the game. What's the point of going to Firhill buying a ticket then having to go thru the same turnstile as those paying cash? Obviously if there's a discount for pre buying (Killie last season) or there's a possibility of a sell out that's a different matter. But for the routine away matches I see no reason why anyone would want to pre buy their ticket when there's no fast track entry in the first place.

Anyone care to explain?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett