Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

Screen_Hunter_937_Nov_08_22_33.jpg

I'm thinking it's probably Wales away at Swansea or Wrexham in the home internationals, possibly 1979 or 81?

Miller, Provan, Graham, Jordan, McQueen, Burns, Narey, ?, F Gray, Rough, Hartford

The guy between Narey & Gray was a full back for Dundee Utd & West Ham but I can't recall his name, possibly Stewart?

Edited by jaggy

I'm thinking it's probably Wales away at Swansea or Wrexham in the home internationals, possibly 1979 or 81?

Miller, Provan, Graham, Jordan, McQueen, Burns, Narey, ?, F Gray, Rough, Hartford

The guy between Narey & Gray was a full back for Dundee Utd & West Ham but I can't recall his name, possibly Stewart?

If you`re right that would be Ray Stewart who also played for St Johnstone and Stirling Albion and then was manager for short spells at Livingston,Stirling Albion and Forfar.

Edited by Duncan

looks like mid-80's with the plain yellow top v. Dumbarton, but no idea who the Jag is

No idea who the Jag is? Good, sums up the majority of that decade nicely. I love this thread, love it, but the occasional flashbacks to the 80's really do bring back lots of bad memories. The horrible empty stadium, plain yellow tops, Mortons Rolls, Joe Carson at centre forward, sumo Johnstone.

Where's my tablets? NURSE!!!

• Like 1

Full details of this game and the photo from a different angle and some other Scotland team photos are available on a wonderful new website called the Scotland Epistles. Have a wee peek here; mind have a look at the rest of the site too.

http://scotlandepist...om/team-photos/

:thumbsup2:

and they say nostalgia ain't what it used to be. Just look at the strength of that Scotland side from '65. Depressing reading when you compare it to today's team. Just as depressing when you look at the quality not even in that team. No MacKay, Baxter, McLintock, Gilzean, Alex Young.

Line Up: Alex Hamilton, Bill Brown, Pat Crerand, Billy McNeill, John Greig, Eddie McCreadie

Front ; Ian St. John, Willie Henderson, Bobby Collins, Billy Bremner, Denis Law, Davie Wilson

Score: England 2 Scotland 2

Scorers: England – B. Charlton (25), Jimmy Greaves (35)

Scotland – Law (41), St. John (59)

It's a 1-2 defeat against Dumbarton, 8th March 1986. Paddy Kelly wore no. 7 that day. No. 11 was... Gordon Dalziel.

Ooft that brings back bad memories of a midweek scudding against the Sons at Boghead around the same time 4-2 I think and along with the Skol Cup humping from Cowdenbeath probably the 2 games from that era that almost made a younger, impressionable fan chuck it