Who Are The Jags Players In This Photo?

Jaggernaut

This looks like a stramash from a corner. Not a lot of easily identifiable players, at least for me...

Tic_vs_Jags.jpg

That's a hard one but think I can spot Parky, Clarky, and Andy. Maybe John Marr as No 5

Edited by Lindau

No. 5 looks vaguely like Frank Welsh - was he not sent off at the east end ground in a League Cup game which we won 1-0 but as it was a second leg the tie was all square and we lost it in extra time?

Hmm, Welsh and Park played in threee games at Porkheid in 1980-81, the league game and in the League Cup game. Clark played in two. John Marr didn't play in any of the three matches there that season.

In the League Cup game (QF, Oct 20th, lost 2-1 aet) Whittaker was No. 5, Welsh No. 6, and O'Hara No. 8 (doesn't look like him).

In the 2nd League game (Mar 18th, lost 4-1) Anderson was No. 5, Lapsley No. 6, and McDonald No. 8.

In the 1st League game (Sep 6th, lost 4-1) Campbell was No. 5, Welsh No. 6, and Gibson No. 8.

The No. 8 looks like Gibson, so I'm going for Sep 6th; Gibson was our scorer! If that's our No. 2 on the right post, it's Jamie Doyle, who wasn't far off being a really excellent player.

No. 5 looks vaguely like Frank Welsh - was he not sent off at the east end ground in a League Cup game which we won 1-0 but as it was a second leg the tie was all square and we lost it in extra time?

Sounds right. We lost the first leg at 1-0 at Firhill, and then must have won the return leg 1-0, before the Porkheiders scored in extra time. But Welsh is down as wearing No. 6 for that match.

A real poser this one!

Deffo Nicholas and Park. Park played 8 times v Celtic at Celtic Park. Nicholas played in 4 of these games at No 11. (Plus one at 6 and once as a sub). Assuming they played as listed in the press and he was No 11, this can only be:-

In that order players 5, 6 and 8 must be:-

Campbell, Welsh, Gibson (I)

Whittaker, Welsh, O'Hara

Anderson, Lapsley, McDonald

Doyle (G), Lapsley, Clark

Have discounted the first 3. Doesn't look like any of the more obvious players such as Campbell, O'Hara and Anderson.The grass looks lush and the floodlights are on judging by the shadows and 8 September 1982 was an evening game.

Think its a 4-0 defeat in the league cup 8.9.82. Rough, Murray, Kay, Whittaker, Doyle (G), Lapsley, Park, Clark, Johnston, Doyle (J), Kenny. (McDonald, McDowall.)

A real poser this one! Deffo Nicholas and Park. Park played 8 times v Celtic at Celtic Park. Nicholas played in 4 of these games at No 11. (Plus one at 6 and once as a sub). Assuming they played as listed in the press and he was No 11, this can only be:- 6.9.80 20.10.80 18.3.81 8.9.82 In that order players 5, 6 and 8 must be:- Campbell, Welsh, Gibson (I) Whittaker, Welsh, O'Hara Anderson, Lapsley, McDonald Doyle (G), Lapsley, Clark Have discounted the first 3. Doesn't look like any of the more obvious players such as Campbell, O'Hara and Anderson.The grass looks lush and the floodlights are on judging by the shadows and 8 September 1982 was an evening game. Think its a 4-0 defeat in the league cup 8.9.82. Rough, Murray, Kay, Whittaker, Doyle (G), Lapsley, Park, Clark, Johnston, Doyle (J), Kenny. (McDonald, McDowall.)

I'll go along with that. Great work again, afk.

Is this Denis about to score against Celtic? At Hampden in around 1971? Maybe someone can remind me of the final score in that game...I think we won :)

Is this the game you are talking about? I have a vague recollection of winning this one also :happy2:

• Like 1

In the pic of the Denis goal...it's him Frank and Jim Brogan. Frank took the full force of Jimmy Bone's header in the nuts and buckled as Denis scored. The pic of the celebrations of the 2nd goal....I've never saw that before. Thanks!! What a jump about that was....I was only 12, .first time I ever swore in front of ma Da

.......'ya f.....n beauty!!'

Edited by whitburn