The Best Partick Thistle Goal Of 2014

Yellow & Redneck

Best Goal of 2014  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best Partick Thistle goal of 2014?

• Goal A: Erskine vs Hibs
    • Goal B: Fraser vs Hearts
    • Goal C: Higginbotham vs Hamilton
    • Goal D: O'Donnell vs Ross County
    • Goal E: Higginbotham vs Kilmarnock
    • Goal F: Fraser vs Dundee
    • Goal G: Higginbotham vs Motherwell
    • Goal H: Lawless vs Ross County
    • Goal I: Higginbotham vs Hibernian
    • Goal J: Taylor vs Aberdeen

As a bit of an early Christmas treat I’ve uploaded a video with what I think are the ten best goals scored this calendar year by a Partick Thistle player. So what goal do you think was the best? No prizes obviously, but it is a good bit of fun.

(A word of warning though. The video may contain traces of Kallum Higginbotham).

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 4

Fraser v Hearts. Reason being its importance as well as it's beauty. Very similar to his v Dundee but the Hearts one caused the whole stand behind the goal both to see it going in all the way and also the huge sigh of relief as we all knew for sure we were staying up. Higgie v Motherwell takes a bit of beating right enough.

Fraser v Hearts. Reason being its importance as well as it's beauty. Very similar to his v Dundee but the Hearts one caused the whole stand behind the goal both to see it going in all the way and also the huge sigh of relief as we all knew for sure we were staying up. Higgie v Motherwell takes a bit of beating right enough.

Even before I've watched Y & R's video this is what springs to mind. Now off to watch it.

This is a tough call Y & R.

I have only gone to three away games this year...I was behind the goal at Fir Park and on the right hand side and watched Higgy beat defender after defender down the left wing before slotting the ball into the far corner of the net...sensational effort...surely Goal of the Season.

But I was also behind the goal at Tynecastle, saw Gary Fraser line up the shot then the net exploded as did the Thistle Support...we knew we were safe from what would have been a very undeserved threat of relegation...a thundering shot...one of the most emotional Thistle goals ever.

Can I have two votes??

Gone for Higgy vs Motherwell, it was tough between that and his goal vs St Mirren but the shear determination and skill vs Motherwell is something I don't think I've seen from any other Thistle goal in my time.

Fraser's was a sweet strike of great importance but I always prefer a well worked/ skillful goal to a 'screamer' type.

Had it been the match winner (as it should've been) I wonder if I'd be more swayed by Higgy's goal v Accies?

Anyway I'm another for Higgy's at Motherwell. He was like a man possessed in that second half. Others would've just drawn the foul and gone down but his confidence was sky high.

btw Higgy's not quite got that pace back yet. Can't wait to see him fully fit once again.