Aaron Muirhead- Away

jagfaelivi

^ Falkirk's website says that the club is planning to bring in four players to push for promotion. Houston is rumoured to be interested in Muirhead. The Doonhamers could be another option. It would be great if Aaron could help either of them stuff Sevco.

Only fond memories of Aero. Not least of which was him singing his lungs out in the Star only an hour or two after we'd just won the league at Falkirk. Amazing night that.

All the very best wherever your journey takes you big fella.

^^^^^ this ..... 110 and do do do percent

epic glasgow kisser

• Like 1

Like any of the Championship winning team deserved his chance in the top div however never looked good enough at that level.

At best will end up like Scott Boyd playing at the highest level but never a player you wish was back in your team.

If we are to have any longevity in the top flight we need better thanks for the memories Aero good lick for the future but for me the right decision all round.

Begs the question, in the championship Jamesie Craigan couldnae buy a jersey, was only a bit player who struggled against inferior players. Why in the premier league where he is so far out of his depth its embarrassing, is he still part of the first team squad?

How does that famous speech go again?

"You Jamesie have been here so long now for any good you have done, In the name of god go!"

or words to that effect.

Whatever anybody has to say about James Craigen, and yes it's all about opinions blah blah blah, please don't selectively omit a certain little sparkling moment that he delivered in a particularly jubilant midweek affair against a wee mob from Greenock that, in effect, sent the title Maryhill-bound.

That night will stay with me for the rest of my days, and it is in no small part attributable to JC. Thank you James.

• Like 2

Begs the question, in the championship Jamesie Craigan couldnae buy a jersey, was only a bit player who struggled against inferior players. Why in the premier league where he is so far out of his depth its embarrassing, is he still part of the first team squad?

"You Jamesie have been here so long now for any good you have done, In the name of god go!"

or words to that effect.

That really is a great question. No idea what it's doing on this thread, but a good question none the less.

Because he believes Craigan is the best person to do exactly as he asks, out of any player to play in that position. Would probably be the correct answer.

Now, if Craigan wasn't doing as the manager asked, do you think he would be in the team?

Edited by potty trained

• Members

I think a lot of folk are forgetting just how young some of these guys are. They are nowhere near the finished article. If some of these guys were in their mid to late 20's, the criticism would by fair and they wouldn't be getting contract extensions. However, the Manager sees them in training every day and sees some potential, plus he knows a lot more about what it takes to be a professional footballer than 99% of us here, so personally, I'm willing to put my trust in him.

There's also the issue with injuries and illness we've had this season. I don't think it's any coincidence that poor results in recent weeks have come at a time when it's been reported on a weekly basis that plaer x, y and z have all suffered illness and missed training or such like. If a player misses training, he misses preparation for the forthcoming game! If we can get back to a fit settled side, I believe we can start to pick up more points and wins again.

or words to that effect.

The level of hatred towards one of our own players on this forum is a total disgrace. Why don't you do what supporters are meant to do? I will give you a clue......support the team!!! What in Gods name do you think you are achieving by printing that garbage? Jeez, even in a thread that is there to thank Aero for his spell at the club, you turn the topic to James Craigan. I feckin despair.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 5

The level of hatred towards one of our own players on this forum is a total disgrace. Why don't you do what supporters are meant to do? I will give you a clue......support the team!!! What in Gods name do you think you are achieving by printing that garbage? Jeez, even in a thread that is there to thank Aero for his spell at the club, you turn the topic to James Craigan. I feckin despair.

I'd have to agree: the continual barrage of negative comments targeting one (or two) player(s) by a couple of so-called "supporters" is bordering on the pathological.

That really is a great question. No idea what it's doing on this thread, but a good question none the less.

Because he believes Craigan is the best person to do exactly as he asks, out of any player to play in that position. Would probably be the correct answer.

Now, if Craigan wasn't doing as the manager asked, do you think he would be in the team?

CRAIGEN CRAIGEN CRAIGEN

Craigen is clearly out of his depth, having scored 2 goals and getting into numerous other scoring positions.

Yeah but he runs around like a headless chicken, blocking off the opposition centre halfs and defensive midfielders making forward runs or passes. Continually runs around like a headless chicken running into space making himself available. Oh and then he runs around like a headless chicken covering for the defensive midfielders when they make forward runs.

I wonder if Stevenson played that role if he'd be described as a headless chicken, or one of the hardest working players in the team.

• Like 1

Yeah but he runs around like a headless chicken, blocking off the opposition centre halfs and defensive midfielders making forward runs or passes. Continually runs around like a headless chicken running into space making himself available. Oh and then he runs around like a headless chicken covering for the defensive midfielders when they make forward runs.

I wonder if Stevenson played that role if he'd be described as a headless chicken, or one of the hardest working players in the team.

Yeah! Craigen is just chicken shit!

And we've never played in the Championship. What we won was the last ever Scottish Football League title, making us eternal champions of one of the oldest prizes in world football.

We are also eternal champions of the Tennents sixes. And maybe of the Glasgow Cup as a senior tournament.

• Like 1

Hey, this is a family forum! Less of the fowl patter.

And we've never played in the Championship. What we won was the last ever Scottish Football League title, making us eternal champions of one of the oldest prizes in world football. We are also eternal champions of the Tennents sixes. And maybe of the Glasgow Cup as a senior tournament.

And the Dental Cup!

I've seen it mentioned numerous times, from the same posters, "Craigen & Elliott couldn't get a game in the 1st Divison, now they're key players for us". Yes...they were both young guys 2 years ago (Craigen 21, Elliott 21). It stands to reason that they wouldn't play a key part when they came from a level of football that was extremely low, with both guys going on on loan to get some experience in a hard league. These guys have improved (with age & experience) & are now playing on a more regular basis, why is it so hard for some people to see progression & get away from the fact that just because they weren't key players 2 seasons ago means they have no right to be playing for us now? Madness!

Elliott has progressed nicely, he'd be one of the 1st names on my teamsheet. Craigen is a clever player, he tries to be too neat sometimes with passes & he loses possession but he undoubtedly has a good footballing brain, a great attitude & is very fit. A good percentage of his wayward passes are ones that his teammates haven't anticipated, I'm not going to criticise a guy trying an attacking pass when all too often the same fans criticise others for their sideways efforts. For me he lacks the pace to be a key player for us in his favoured position (an attacking midfielder) but he's a good squad player & someone Archie often goes to in time of trouble, he's yet to let Archie down in those circumstances.

• Like 8

I've seen it mentioned numerous times, from the same posters, "Craigen & Elliott couldn't get a game in the 1st Divison, now they're key players for us". Yes...they were both young guys 2 years ago (Craigen 21, Elliott 21). It stands to reason that they wouldn't play a key part when they came from a level of football that was extremely low, with both guys going on on loan to get some experience in a hard league. These guys have improved (with age & experience) & are now playing on a more regular basis, why is it so hard for some people to see progression & get away from the fact that just because they weren't key players 2 seasons ago means they have no right to be playing for us now? Madness!

Elliott has progressed nicely, he'd be one of the 1st names on my teamsheet. Craigen is a clever player, he tries to be too neat sometimes with passes & he loses possession but he undoubtedly has a good footballing brain, a great attitude & is very fit. A good percentage of his wayward passes are ones that his teammates haven't anticipated, I'm not going to criticise a guy trying an attacking pass when all too often the same fans criticise others for their sideways efforts. For me he lacks the pace to be a key player for us in his favoured position (an attacking midfielder) but he's a good squad player & someone Archie often goes to in time of trouble, he's yet to let Archie down in those circumstances.

Outstanding post.