So Who's Up For The Celtic Game?

The Sunnylaw Jag

Got to say that Declan proved tonight he is a first team player....he has to start from now on I'd suggest.

I think Lyle will get goals for us against other teams, that's for sure.

Interesting stat on telly we had 4 shots on target....4 more than Sevco managed.

We tried hard but came up short against the best team in the league....no shame in it....their keeper is first class and their defence isn't too bad.

Disappointed we lost by as much though.

We weren't at the races.

I'm as positive as possible regarding the team but we weren't a threat tonight at all. Sometimes when you aren't threatening you can get a result by defending well. However, when you defend like wee lassies it usually ends up in a bit of a doin'.

Celtic are on a different level and looked as if they could go up the gears if needed.

Thistle's battle isn't against Celtic but at the other end of the table and they will need to lift their game a bit if they want to have a go at Kilmarnock.

I believe Thistle are safe but need to get a couple of positive results to get some confidence back and soon.

I still thought Thistle shouldn't have been such nice hosts and should maybe have put themselves about a bit more to try and disrupt Celtic's game.

The pitch isn't Hampdump poor but is in a bad state which doesn't help matters.

McDaid was decent and well done to the boy.

As old school as it sounds, when they come to our ground they should 'know they're in a game'.

Fine to try and play etc, but when they are so far superior to us I'd like to see us at least try and compete physically.

I can't stomach the b******* so to see us collapse to them with so little fight is horrible.

• Like 1

As old school as it sounds, when they come to our ground they should 'know they're in a game'.

Fine to try and play etc, but when they are so far superior to us I'd like to see us at least try and compete physically.

I can't stomach the b******* so to see us collapse to them with so little fight is horrible.

This.

Although I'd add that the players haven't been competing physically for weeks.

no excuse agreed, but 2nd goal was offside and even if we had got a penalty 2-1 might have lifted us (although we were so shite we would probably have missed anyway)

Second goal was horribly defended, no question of offside..

And I cannot remember anything that made me think we might have been due a penalty at any point in the game.

Just my opinion, though.

Negatives:

- Slow start again

- Banzo and Osman slow and can't pass forward, generally poor

- Let them walk through us too many times

- No Higgy or Fraser

- Same issues from games vs Caley, Killie and St Mirren

- Archie refuses to change until it's too late

- We don't have any shape or balance anymore

- Referee waits till we have lost then gives us meaningless free kicks as if he is not bias

Positives:

- McDaid lively

- Stevo put in a power of work second half

- Being able to sub a tiring striker

- It was Celtic after all but expect more regardless

Three huge games coming up (Dundee, County x 2), have to drop Banzo for Fraser and start Higgy in place of Elliot.

The last time we scored against Celtic it made them mad and they slaughtered us. Who's to say it couldn't have ended up 5-1 again?

Rather than point the finger at the ref why don't we look at the team and say why have we now conceded from corners in 4 of the 6 games since New Year.

Is any other team in Britain that poor at defending corners?

Wow everything is great then.

Imagine using this Rangers side as a benchmark to where Thistle are just now. :doh:

Good point, but I didn't say everything is tickety boo. Having been a Jags fan for nearly 30 years, I've certainly seen worse.....a lot worse....most of us have.

People can moan and groan if they like....I'm happy having a team that I can still say is one I am glad to support. Aye we have a bunch of crap games every season but now and again we put 5 goals past people and we all can't stop smiling. I'd rather win more than we lose but we can't compete financially with the likes of celtic.

Ask yourself honestly...did you expect to win tonight? That didn't stop a whole bunch of Jags fans going to the game....more in hope than expectation.

• Like 1

Second goal was horribly defended, no question of offside..

And I cannot remember anything that made me think we might have been due a penalty at any point in the game.

Just my opinion, though.

Mackay Steven was offside when van Dijk played it forward. Very close but was offside. Izaguirre's handball was very similar to the two penalties Osman has conceded this season. Not deliberate handball but arm raised. Now I have no doubt Celtic could have raised their game if they'd needed to, but when you're as far ahead as they were tonight you don't need the debatable decisions going your way too.

We did make it far too easy for them though. Osman and Bannigan should have been in about them from the start. Let them know they were in a game. I think it's time to give Bannigan a rest. He just wasn't at the races tonight. I'm sure he'll come back but would like to see Fraser alongside Osman on Saturday.