Relegation?

Auld Jag

There are some fans on this forum who seem to think if we went down it would be a good thing.Imo relegation is never a good thing.I always want to see Thistle playing at the highest level possible.If you don't want that what is the point in supporting a team?Why did we all celebrate at the end of 2012/13 if we did not want to play in the premiership?The current squad we have imo is a good one and I feel if we were not in this league we would not have half of them.

I think those fans are being provocative for the sake of it

I have genuine concern of our performances since Christmas. Mainly due to Osman and Bannigan. But I still think we're too good to go down.

Time will tell I guess.

It's hard to judge when the team Archie puts out is never the same as I (or most fans) would chose.

We have a good squad and I feel that we should not be involved in relegation problems,but I think it is dangerous to think we are to good to go down.Look at Hibs last season looked comfortable for most of the season but could not get out of a downward spiral.Some fans think some of our players are thinking about moving on,Archie should remind them relegation on their cv does not look good but keeping us in the Premiership does.

I think those fans are being provocative for the sake of it

I have genuine concern of our performances since Christmas. Mainly due to Osman and Bannigan. But I still think we're too good to go down.

Time will tell I guess.

It's hard to judge when the team Archie puts out is never the same as I (or most fans) would chose.

The history of football is littered with teams who were too good to get relegated .....but did

• Like 1

Your made up insider knowledge distribution is so helpful

Here we go...

So what's your theory today?

Previously from you we've been told that we have a squad so is it a case that the squad isn't good enough?

Or is it the manager not utilising the squad well enough?

Or is it a case of being happy even if we do get relegated this season?

Villa in the EPL are experiencing the same thing. Dropping like a stone while the others around them scrap for their lives.

At least we have Motherwell to keep us company. Heaven help us if they find any kind of form.

You are forgetting St Mirren. Their fans as well think they are going down. To be honest after witnessing as abject a display as I have seen for years yesterday I reckon we have to end up 10th or better as I just can't see us beating probably Hibs or even Sevco in a play off!

Edited by Lindau

my main worry is that the clubs around us - who can not compete with us in terms of pure talent - have some genuine fighters in their midst; whereas thistle - if those who appear to be 'in the know' on this forum are to believed - are a club riven by too much in-fighting to show any fghting spirit on the pitch. we are a far better 'football' team than ross county but their battling qualities yesterday put a number of our players to shame.

the coming weeks will be less about fancy-dan flicks and tricks than harrying, chasing, battling, scrapping for every ball. i am concerned - that whatever the reason - we lack the passion and pride to survive the drop

Edited by robphil

Was just out for dinner with the in laws. It seems St Mirren are in real turmoil on and off the park.

On the park, the can't shift Ball and he's refusing to leave instead is happy to see out his contract in the stand.

Thommo went to Teale apparently and said he wanted someone playing with him and to go two up front. It didn't work, so Teale dropped Thommo right out the squad and went with Arquin yesterday, who she described as awfull, lazy and not a team player.

They want to put Reilly out on loan, but not one team want him. Seems Teale doesn't have any mates in Scottish football who will help him out.

They have brought in two players, one who's meant to be amazing hasn't featured once, the other has come off the bench twice, when they were losing 2 and 3.0 respectively.

Add to that they have a bout of mumps ripping through the club.

Off the park crowds are down and they a losing money hand over fist. The MacLean money disappeared in days.

The majority of fans who were calling for Lennon to go are holding their hands up and regretting it. teale's hopeless.

Think the current malaise at the club started even before the season started with the North stand carry on , increase in season tickets prices,an extremely poor summer transfer window which made us weaker than we finished the previous season . Trouble we've got at management level is it's an old pals act with Archie , Shaggy , Maxi and Beattie , has Beattie or Maxi got the balls to do the best for PTFC , I'm not so sure .

Any manager who has returned 1 win out of 10 games must surely be under pressure .We've changed our style of play , instead of building play from the back Gals has obviously been told to lump it up the park where it then becomes in my opinion a 50/50 ball. Apart from Lyle Taylor there is nobody else with the pace and power to play that type of football, let's get back to our strengths moving and passing the ball and closing down players quickly when we haven't got the ball.

Archie looks as if he's got to sort out the dressing room quickly , probably the unrest as with most clubs is to do with players who aren't playing or there is more to Mcmillangate than meets the eye.

Only positive just now is that St Mirren and Motherwell are in free fall as well even although they both beat us last time . Worrying Times

Edited by jlsarmy