Should The Manager Stay Or Go ?

javeajag

He signed most of the players Dick.

Then there's Elliot who wasn't a regular starter until recently. No excuses even there.

As for not going out with fight & desire... How many last 5 minute goals have we conceded under him? Where's the fight & desire to hold into leads?

So they're not playing for the manager who signed them? You think they'll play for another manager? For how long? Until they get dropped?

Either that or you're saying Archibald signed players who aren't good enough because he's not good enough. In which case let's just clear everyone out in the Summer.

The way things are going we'll have to, to make room for part-timers.

He would never come to us.

Similar to Paul Hartley at Alloa, I think Ian Murray's done all he can at Dumbarton and would probably see us as an ideal club to move on to. If we got rid of Archie, I'd be up for him coming in.

Not sure where I stand at present with regards to the Manager at present. If Archie resigned I presume Stuart McCall would not have a problem at least managing till the end of the season. I think Ian Murray is a very good prospect and would have him as asssitant if McCall came in so he is groomed to take over, at least he wouldnt write rubbish in Evening Times articles like our current assistant.

Would definetly like to see Ian Murray manage us at some point though

Rightfully or wrongly I am pretty sure Archie is not going anywhere though

Edited by Third Lanark

So they're not playing for the manager who signed them? You think they'll play for another manager? For how long? Until they get dropped?

Either that or you're saying Archibald signed players who aren't good enough because he's not good enough. In which case let's just clear everyone out in the Summer.

The way things are going we'll have to, to make room for part-timers.

So are you for or against Archibald staying Dick?

Not sure where I stand at present with regards to the Manager at present. If Archie resigned I presume Stuart McCall would not have a problem at least managing till the end of the season. I think Ian Murray is a very good prospect and would have him as asssitant if McCall came in so he is groomed to take over, at least he wouldnt write rubbish in Evening Times articles like our current assistant.

Would definetly like to see Ian Murray manage us at some point though

Rightfully or wrongly I am pretty sure Archie is not going anywhere though

Pretty sure McCall is eyeing an Ibrox gig if the tax cheat wins the EGM. Archie is going nowhere unless he himself resigns. Even if we get relegated I think the board would give him next season to see if he could get us back up, though dwindling crowds could force their hands

So are you for or against Archibald staying Dick?

I am, as I always have been, for Archibald to stay as manager.

I think there is something terribly wrong at the club at the moment.

But I don't want to support the club if we're just going to chuck Archibald when things look grim. He took us up and kept us up. I laughed at pathetic St Mirren fans who wanted Danny Lennon out, when that worked so well for them.

As I've posted repeatedly, if the players no longer want to play for him they can go*, and we can start again with people with the desire to be at Firhill.

*And snide comments such as the one posted by Steve Lawless on social media earlier indicate this is the case

Edited by Richard Nixon

My previous issues with AA's tactical inexperience aside, a mutiny against him is something totally different.

If there are players that aren't focused on keeping us up and then they should be dropped.

I'd rather go down playing guys like Lindsay, Balatoni and Elliott than see a bunch of petulant nobodies like Fraser and Seabourne take to the field.

My previous issues with AA's tactical inexperience aside, a mutiny against him is something totally different.

If there are players that aren't focused on keeping us up and then they should be dropped.

I'd rather go down playing guys like Lindsay, Balatoni and Elliott than see a bunch of petulant nobodies like Fraser and Seabourne take to the field.

I am seeing a new side to you tonight TC...lol

Probably for the 1st time I agree with you, if there is a mutiny because of a potential disciplinary against McMillan then that needs snuffed out ASAP, if that means the ring leader (regardless his status at the club) also goes, then so be it.

No player is bigger than the club!!

Right now there are players out there putting our club's status in jeopardy. Through their performances. It doesn't matter who the manager is, there's guys there who don't care, about the club, about the fans.

^^^^^ this

We know what they are capable of, and they should be ashamed of themselves atm.

you think they are though?

or was the laughing, joking, arms round opposition players at penalty, indicative of, or nearer their true feelings?

The buck stops with the players for me.

I'd have admiration if the board pulled every one of them in to a meeting and told them, you signed for this manager, you buck up or **** off. There's players here who will give more if they don't want to be part of it.

If they don't want to play for the manager, they shouldn't have signed. I don't pay to watch someone who thinks he can turn it on when he feels like it.

1 ..... me too

2 ..... they (the board) should, but won't.

3 ..... agreed. why should i or any other thistle supporter contribute to any players wages who clearly can't be arsed trying, or are deliberately playing badly for whatever motive? f*cking shape up or ship out.

Stay.

We're having a duo in performance but the rockets with nasty and offence language at Ciry End were embarrassing.

could you expand?

He picks the team, the formation , the tactics

Managers take the can even if players let them down

1 ..... what if the players are not obeying the managers instructions, or are underperforming for other reasons? is that the managers fault?

2 ..... is that fair? particularly if point 1 is applicable?

As for the board - well sometimes I get the impression some of them are sometimes more preoccupied at deciding their next holiday than what is going on at the club

^^^^^ this. they have their club tie. comfy seat. refurbished plush boardroom. tartan rugs. can act the big i ams. why should they do any more? its not as if they are fervent lifelong jags supporters.

If that's the case, let's just play the under 21's for the remainder. Better to get relegated with players who actually want to play for the club.

It would be no more pathetic or embarrasing than what we witnessed today.

I am not watching a bunch of *rseholes who are actively undermining their manager for the rest of the season.

And Billy Bigtime d*ckheads who think they can do better can impress prospective clubs from the training ground.

But will we get any kind of honest information from the club as to the reasons for our awful collapse in form?

^^^^^ this. all of it.

IF TRUE,

The players challenging his authority can keep up their fitness on their own time and find other clubs as soon as they are able.

Archibald can play people who actually want to play for him. I'll take commitment in the Championship rather than insurrection in the top league.

If anyone doesn't want Archibald as manager fair enough, but why would you support players who are actively not playing for him - which means THEY'RE NOT PLAYING FOR US?!?! The sad b*stards who pay their wages!!!

What guarantee would you have they will play for anyone else? Hell mend the lot of them.

^^^^^ this. all of it. again.

I would agree with you on this one. People can have differing opinions on a manager's abilities but most people will not stand for players showing bad attitudes/lack of effort.

Has anyone seen enough of Finnie, Richards-Everton & Wilson to offer an opinion on their readiness for first team football?

I'd prefer him to stay, because stability and steady improvement is what will benefit the club in the long term.

However, I said last week that we've got previous this season for bottling it when we should be certs to win. Today we lost at home to the bottom team which underlines my point.

The statistics are damning - almost every time we've had the opportunity to pull away from the bottom three over the last two seasons we've cocked it up.

The McMillangate thing is ridiculous. The Club should inform on what the actual status is two months on. Is he training? Is he available? Is it club disciplinary? Is it a breach of SFA rules? Whatever, just let us know the gist but not the detail of WTF the problem is.

Edited by Barney Rubble

I've defended Archie up until this point, and I'm still not convinced that he should go, but I have to admit that it's now a legitimate question. What frustrates me most is how we've completely jettisoned our passing game. I'm a Thistle fan and therefore expect my team to lose occasionally - we're a small club after all - but I do expect us to at least attempt to play football. We didn't do that today.

I've defended Archie up until this point, and I'm still not convinced that he should go, but I have to admit that it's now a legitimate question. What frustrates me most is how we've completely jettisoned our passing game. I'm a Thistle fan and therefore expect my team to lose occasionally - we're a small club after all - but I do expect us to at least attempt to play football. We didn't do that today.

Archie has said several times recently that he has been disappointed that the team has reverted to lumping balls in games. Now it's his responsibility to sort that, but it again points to players not doing what they are told and undermining the manager.

I know that it goes on for whatever reason players turn against the manager. But imo Archiebald should have them all in training tomorrow have a clear the air meeting and tell them he is going nowhere and even if they are leaving Firhill at the end of the season surely they don't want to be part of a team that was relegated?If some of the players that have fallen out with Archiebald are due to be with us next season as well he should tell them they can go as long as we stay up.I dont think we will get anything next week,but if we were to lose at County Archiebalds future should be In doubt.

As I've posted repeatedly, if the players no longer want to play for him they can go*, and we can start again with people with the desire to be at Firhill.

*And snide comments such as the one posted by Steve Lawless on social media earlier indicate this is the case

Whilst I dint necessarily disagree with this quite Dick, what you have to remember us that Archibald signed 9 of the 11 that started today including the ones most culpable in terms of performance- not just today but in recent weeks.

So... What's to say the next lot won't do the same?

How many times before you decide it's the manager not the players?

The guys responsible for getting on the ball and making passes - Osman, Fraser and Bannigan have been poor for weeks. They don't want the ball and when they're given it they just look to get rid of it just as fast, normally backwards.

Too many players were trying to hide rather than take responsibility.

It's up for the boss to fix but to me his post-match comments sound like he's wanting the players to sort themselves out.

I hope it's not indicative of a them and us type thing.

Whilst I dint necessarily disagree with this quite Dick, what you have to remember us that Archibald signed 9 of the 11 that started today including the ones most culpable in terms of performance- not just today but in recent weeks.

So... What's to say the next lot won't do the same?

How many times before you decide it's the manager not the players?

Are you saying that the players Archibald signed aren't good enough?

Or are you saying the players he signed are being mismanaged by Archibald?