Just In County Disaster

angry gaz

This is where I see things differently, and maybe I'm a soft touch or completely delusional. But I felt sorry for Gary Fraser today. I feel like I've been there, where confidence is so completely shot that no matter how hard you try, nothing works. And Osman had to come off. Worrying that in a position that we seemed so well covered that we couldn't slot them all in, we now have three players who look completely out of it.

Still think that we're well capable in this league and still have a decent position, and I truly believe that confidence is everything, so I hope they can pull it together while the situation is not desperate. Because make no mistake, no matter how bad you all feel tonight, our situation is not desparate. Ask any Motherwell or St Mirren (or Dunfermiline or Morton or old Rangers fan).

That wasn't a last-ditch tackle/foul, it was a nasty, snide, petulant kick.

Which would have stopped them scoring had it been executed correctly, professional foul, something lauded by many in the game in similar circumstances. He made an arse of it though, we conceded as a consequence of that (as well as many other factors).

fraser was so far off it today he couldn't even foul properly. And he wasn't the only one that was way off it.

Gall saved a penalty and that should have lifted and inspired the rest of the team, just as it lifted the crowd.

But no.

I just don't understand why they weren't up for this game. if they've lost interest, drop them and play the boys instead.

To be honest I thought it would be a car crash of epic proportions in here tonight but a lot of sensible posts has made it a bit more bearable. To me the players get another chance against Und next week. If the fight isn't there, get them out and get some of the boys in. I don't mind us going down with a fight, but if it's like a whimper, with certain players not giving a toss, get them out the team pronto.

• Like 1

To be honest I thought it would be a car crash of epic proportions in here tonight but a lot of sensible posts has made it a bit more bearable. To me the players get another chance against Und next week. If the fight isn't there, get them out and get some of the boys in. I don't mind us going down with a fight, but if it's like a whimper, with certain players not giving a toss, get them out the team pronto.

Not wanting to be abrasive Lindau, but after the last month, what is the possible rationale for pursuing with same lot?

Sorry to disagree Lindau. But why wait till after next week? Most of those who played today do not deserve to get a game next week - the only ones I would start are Gall, Taylor, Higgy, Doolan and McDaid. The rest don't deserve a start after a shocking performance today.

We had enforced changes last time we played Utd with some younger players and other squad players starting. And the first half of that game was the best 45 minutes I've seen us play this year.

So I think they deserve another chance - and that should act as a badly needed boot up the backside to the lazy sods that turned out today.

Not wanting to be abrasive Lindau, but after the last month, what is the possible rationale for pursuing with same lot?

The players on the pitch today and the subs are our best players.....fact! They have got us into this position and despite today they are still in a great position to get us out of it. The ball is still in our court so I would give them one final go and if the attitude is the same as today then we go with the fringe players and the youngsters. Just off the phone to my B I L who us a Motherwell season ticket holder and he thinks they are CERTS to go down automatically. Fans seemingly going bonkers at the end at Fir Park today. We are not the only team in trouble and on a bad run

Edited by Lindau

Sorry to disagree Lindau. But why wait till after next week? Most of those who played today do not deserve to get a game next week - the only ones I would start are Gall, Taylor, Higgy, Doolan and McDaid. The rest don't deserve a start after a shocking performance today.

We had enforced changes last time we played Utd with some younger players and other squad players starting. And the first half of that game was the best 45 minutes I've seen us play this year.

So I think they deserve another chance - and that should act as a badly needed boot up the backside to the lazy sods that turned out today.

It's a hard one to call, Col. If he goes with youngsters and we go down he will get slaughtered for throwing the youngsters to the lions, if he goes with experienced players who are not doing it, but are clearly the best players at the club, he will get slaughtered as well. Archie really is in a hell of a difficult position

Edited by Lindau

You do this:

Gal

SOD Frans Seabo Keenan

Fraser Osman

Bannigan

Higgy Stevo Lawless

Taylor

McDaid, Doolan, Craigen and Elliot can all help to change a game so keep them on the bench. Booth, a natural left back hasn't been up to the standard of Elliot in that position. We have another left back. Use him.

You stick with this team for 3 weeks. Consistency, not panic.

One things for certain - we're about to find out in the next 11 weeks whether Alan Archibald can keep Partick Thistle in the SPL for next season.

Let's get fully behind him and the players in achieving that objective.

I think we all want to believe this but I for one think he's out of his depth

The players on the pitch today and the subs are our best players.....fact! They have got us into this position and despite today they are still in a great position to get us out of it. The ball is still in our court so Zi would give them one final go and if the attitude is the same as today! then we go with the fringe players and the youngsters. Just off the phone to my B I L who us a Motherwell season ticket holder and he thinks they are CERTS to go down. Fans seemingly going bonkers at the end at Fir Park today. We are not the only teM in trouble and on a bad run

Remember Hibs last season?

Right now we are Hibs last season.

Irrespective of what your friends say.

One things for certain - we're about to find out in the next 11 weeks whether Alan Archibald can keep Partick Thistle in the SPL for next season.

Let's get fully behind him and the players in achieving that objective.

I admire your positivity. But the last few displays suggest the players and management are incapable.

I think we all want to believe this but I for one think he's out of his depth

Again Jav, you were spouting the exact same things this time last year. The only way Archie won't be here for the rest of the season is if he resigns, so we just have to hope that he can turn that dressing room round and get the players back onside

Lets get behind the team and manager for the rest of the season.But if we go down Archiebald has got to go.We have not been in a relegation position all season so if we went down now it would be a total collapse.Imo we are 3wins away from being safe.Is that to much to ask? If for nothing more surely for there professional pride they can manage it.