Mcmillan

BowenBoys

Yeh, waited for a good result so it goes in under the radar. Think with the time it's taken, everybody knew he wouldn't play again. Also, his contract being terminated shows that it isn't any personal issues like some suggested. Big loss to the club as we were a better team with him playing. He certainly is not irreplaceable though.

At least that is the issue over now and we can move on.

Not impressed with that statement in the slightest; the matter is far from closed. One of our best players has just been punted with no reason given and as fans (and customers of a business) we are just expected to swallow it, no questions asked. What utter contempt for paying customers.

• Like 1

Not impressed with that statement in the slightest; the matter is far from closed. One of our best players has just been punted with no reason given and as fans (and customers of a business) we are just expected to swallow it, no questions asked. What utter contempt for paying customers.

Both parties are likely to have come to an agreement on its wording.

• Like 1

I think we need to recognise the following

The form of words in the statement will have been agreed by both parties hence the italics

The legal agreement will contain a clause saying that neither party will say anything publicly

The club and Macmillan will have come to an agreement in this but won't publicly give the details

If you were sacked by your employer that's what you would want to happen, standard practice

• Like 2

No reason to say any more than' has been said. Glad it's over and everyone can hopefully move on.

I can see why people might be cynical, on the "hiding bad news" front, but I can't see it. Are you suggesting that his dismissal has been arranged for some time, they've been waiting for a win? Doesn't seem feasible to me.

• Like 1

Nonsense. I wouldn't for a second expect the club to divulge the reason. As other's have said that's standard practice when it comes to employment law. I do know they wouldn't sack anyone without due cause. McMillan's no longer a Jags player and that's that as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't care less what he's done.

Disappointed in this but it was always looking like it was to happen.

I would like to know the real reason that the offence committed was deemed gross misconduct and also who made the final decision to sack him.

I think McMillan was our best defender. Whatever the offence, surely there was a way back for him.

I worry now that he will sign for one of our rivals and improve their chances of survival.

A good time to bury bad news springs to mind. All very mysterious and the loss of a good player regardless of the reason.

My first thought too, Sinistar. This has dragged on for some time. The cynic in me thinks they have been sitting waiting to press the 'Send' button.

i heard this morning mcmillans contract had been terminated.

okay, so wasn't officially announced until after todays game, but unless thistle knew they were guaranteed to win today, i think the conspiracy theorists are onto plums with this one.

The club statement should indicate on what basis JM's contract was terminated.

Breach of club discipline?

Legal matter?

Breach of contractual terms?

We don't need to know the exact details, but the reason why he's been fired shouldn't be such a secret.

Can't agree with this....if you were you would happily let the company tell everyone one why ? Don't think so

Normal process was followed and following the investigation the club terminated his contract ....standard outcome

We don't need to know more

• Like 2

Can't agree with this....if you were you would happily let the company tell everyone one why ? Don't think so

Normal process was followed and following the investigation the club terminated his contract ....standard outcome

We don't need to know more

I think you may have missed my point, which is that the club could be more transparent about why his contract was terminated - i.e. what rule was breached.

No detail beyond that required.

I'm sure the club and McMillan have agreed NOT to say precisely that

It's pretty obvious he has been sacked for gross misconduct following the investigation

If he is happy with either the outcome or the process that was followed he can take legal action

I suspect however a deal has been done hence the statement