Mcmillan

BowenBoys

I'm sure the club and McMillan have agreed NOT to say precisely that

It's pretty obvious he has been sacked for gross misconduct following the investigation

If he is happy with either the outcome or the process that was followed he can take legal action

I suspect however a deal has been done hence the statement

OK, there are certainly more on here who are way closer to the situation than I am.

I'm coming at it from a 'legal transparency' perspective.

Accept that a deal may have been agreed re the statement.

I'm pretty sure due legal process had been followed

We will have decided he should leave and he will have tried to get the best outcome he can

If indeed he has done something serious he will want it kept quiet as well

Think that's the best result Jordan Mcmillan could have hoped for in terms of no reason being given but if it doesn't hit the media I'll be very surprised . Disappointed to have a lost a good player for PTFC who I believe would have been a fantastic captain in the future.

Disappointed in this but it was always looking like it was to happen.

I would like to know the real reason that the offence committed was deemed gross misconduct and also who made the final decision to sack him.

I think McMillan was our best defender. Whatever the offence, surely there was a way back for him.

I worry now that he will sign for one of our rivals and improve their chances of survival.

Employee employer confidentiality means it cannot be just divulged to the public. Depending on the offense there may have been no way back, and again depending on the offense may be untouchable for other clubs.

It's now thankfully concluded and we need to respect the clubs legal standing regarding how much information it can give out

With immediate effect means he was dismissed due to GROSS Misconduct in Employment Law. If it was Misconduct then it would be dismissal with notice, and also he would have been on a final warning for other offences. This case is much more likely to be Gross Misconduct

Edited by Donners

Someone will take a punt on him, he's too good a player for someone not to, especially if whatever happened never becomes public apart from rumours.

Agree with you to a point. But you'd have to have a reasonably accurate idea about the nature of his dismissal to have a fair idea that will be a likely outcome.

Someone will take a punt on him, he's too good a player for someone not to, especially if whatever happened never becomes public apart from rumours.

Although it may never become public, as in published in papers, other clubs will know why he's had his contract terminated.

That's not to say they won't take a chance on him but it is possibly exactly that, a chance.

I'm sure the club and McMillan have agreed NOT to say precisely that

It's pretty obvious he has been sacked for gross misconduct following the investigation

If he is [un]happy with either the outcome or the process that was followed he can take legal action

I suspect however a deal has been done hence the statement

With immediate effect means he was dismissed due to GROSS Misconduct in Employment Law. If it was Misconduct then it would be dismissal with notice, and also he would have been on a final warning for other offences. This case is much more likely to be Gross Misconduct

It doesn't matter if the employee doesn't agree with the decision, or even if the employee thinks there is insufficient evidence. What does matter is that due process has been followed, and the time taken and words published ("a thorough internal investigation") are clear indications that it has been. That's it: there is no recourse in law. Welcome to UK Employment Law. (I've corrected Javeajag's word in the quote above to "unhappy", which seems to be what is meant.)

To put it bluntly he's obviously done something to get punted

I think every fan by now knows what happened. While I though they could get past it, there is obviously more to the situation. Lets hope O'Donnell and Booth show strength that we don't need McMillan. Will be interesting where he ends uo. Should by talent get a top flight club, probably end up in the championship.