Ratnamara

ifu02348

Is the longest serving manager out of all managers in the spfl, I thought that was strange but it's true

It's not true.

Dick Campbell is the longest serving manager in the SPFL having served for over six years.

Jackie McNamara is the longest serving manager in the SPFL PREMIERSHIP.

The SPFL covers all divisions from the Premiership to League 2. It irks me that the media, and supporters, continually get this wrong.

• Like 1

Maybe folk who are quick to call for a change of manager should reflect on how "successful" all those clubs that have recently changed manager have suddenly become.

Prime reason for sticking with Archie in my opinion. Would hate to have a McIntyre/Johnston/Wright-esque type manager.

It's not true.

Dick Campbell is the longest serving manager in the SPFL having served for over six years.

The SPFL covers all divisions from the Premiership to League 2. It irks me that the media, and supporters, continually get this wrong.

Hail the Bunnett!

It's not true.

It was a stupid change, just trying to mimic England without the associated cash

Big difference imo. The media should get it right from a journalistic point of view. In fact on BBC radio particularly they're not short of sticking a sponsor's name in when ever they can. Wonder why?

Us supporters can call it what we like particularly as most of the changes were pure window dressing. Regardless of its official title I watched the English League Cup final last weekend. I hate doing it here even this once but there's no way I'm going to type out patronising crap like Premiership and Championship.

• Like 2

Absolutely cracking game today. 3 red cards, one definitely not and the other very harsh for United. Should of been a penalty and yellow card. Couple of penalties, one scored one missed. Celtic throwing everything at it. Thompson had a shocker of a game. Could of been another couple of reds, wrong people went.

I miss having Erskine. He played a delightful through ball as soon as her came on that should of seen United go 2 up.

Anyway, nice getting some entertainment from football again.

Absolutely cracking game today. 3 red cards, one definitely not and the other very harsh for United. Should of been a penalty and yellow card. Couple of penalties, one scored one missed. Celtic throwing everything at it. Thompson had a shocker of a game. Could of been another couple of reds, wrong people went.

Agree the ref had a shocker, but his assistant did nothing to help him.

Can't give a penalty and yellow card, he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity so needs to be red.

Agree the ref had a shocker, but his assistant did nothing to help him.

Can't give a penalty and yellow card, he denied a clear goal scoring opportunity so needs to be red.

I was actually more shocked to see Thomson consulting a linesman. First time I've seen him do that, and given the outcome it might be the last time. :)

Got to hand it to him; he must have something that makes him such a popular manager up there, well to the north-east of Fife.

He was always a good manager up to the level of the old 1st division. He used to regularly get teams promoted to this level but could never keep them there. That's why it was such a good idea for us to sign him when we were struggling in the old first division and give him such a great contract. Thank you Mr McMaster (and can we have our shares back?).

Seriously there's nothing wrong with having a level you're good at and Campbell will always do OK at the 3rd/4th level of our game but struggle above it. We just never should have appointed him to be our manager.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Seriously there's nothing wrong with having a level you're good at and Campbell will always do OK at the 3rd/4th level of our game but struggle above it. We just never should have appointed him to be our manager.

I think Campbell will do a reasonable job as long as it is with a part time club. Not much point having a full time squad when the manager himself works part time. If promoted he could just about keep the likes of Forfar in the 2nd tier for a season or so.

There's an acceptance that a player has a level. That a player may, for example, be good in the Championship but not up to the standard of the Premiership. This doesn't seem to be as widely accepted with managers. Often when a team goes down the manager loses their job because they're not considered up to it, yet with players it's more a case of them moving on because they're considered too good for the league below.

Is this fair, or right?