Club Statement

Jag

It's pretty straightforward. You buy tickets next to one another. In a group. Done it many times. One person presents all season tickets.

That's not going to be the issue though. The issue is going to be accomodating everyone in the way they want to be accomodated. I can forsee a lot of issues.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

It's pretty straightforward. You buy tickets next to one another. In a group. Done it many times. One person presents all season tickets.

That's not going to be the issue though. The issue is going to be accomodating everyone in the way they want to be accomodated. I can forsee a lot of issues.

That's fine if you are in each other's social circle I suppose. And all of you want to sit in the north stand. You seem to be very fortunate in that regard.

I take it you will be just happy to get any seat in the north stand, and in this world of togetherness, wouldn't want to displace anyone who uses the NS, regardless of whether they are ST or not?

Totally agree there will be a lot of issues. But I'm sure the club have thought out every eventuality and have a plan in place.

Edited by potty trained

There are loads of people who sit together in groups of season tickets in the JH stand. Personally, i'd want ST holders to have a choice of seat if they are being displaced. The club owe them that.

Regardless if the NS is free standing/sitting presumably people can just go where they like anyway?

There are loads of people who sit together in groups of season tickets in the JH stand. Personally, i'd want ST holders to have a choice of seat if they are being displaced. The club owe them that.

And if doing so displaced hundreds of PATG NS fans, to make way, you'd be happy with this?

Surely in the world of jaggy togetherness, you'd advocate PATG NS fans the opportunity to purchase a ticket for the seat they normally stand at first... Then once they are taken care of, that leaves 1300 odd empty NS seats for JHS fans.

• Like 1

Season ticket holders-in JH or NS- should be given priority. I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably suggest otherwise? Given they pay up front and are being majorly inconvenienced albeit for the club's benefit. Most JH ST holders i know, want to take the NS option rather than Main stand. It's a shithole.

Anyway, i'm sure the club will confirm ST priority in due course.

Season ticket holders-in JH or NS- should be given priority. I'm not sure how anyone could reasonably suggest otherwise? Given they pay up front and are being majorly inconvenienced albeit for the club's benefit. Most JH ST holders i know, want to take the NS option rather than Main stand. It's a shithole.

Anyway, i'm sure the club will confirm ST priority in due course.

Similarly NS PATG fans who have stood in the same seat, since it was opened may also be inconvenienced.

If 2 thirds of the NS is unused, surely you would agree it makes sense to inconvenience the least amount of people as possible?

Just playing devil's advocate, whilst folk want to create an "us and them" arguement, between NS & JHS fans.

Edited by potty trained

Club statement part 2

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne..._season_tickets

I could argue that by giving a choice between status quo STs and ones that exclude OF games the Club could increase revenue. There has to be fans out there who toy with the idea of purchasing a ST but think they're likely to miss a match or two and don't go to games against the OF regardless. There's a strong possibility that a non OF ST would be tempting to them. The Club in this update statement are basically saying that offering customers more choice is wrong and selling a sizable percentage of the fans a product that includes something they don't want is right. Just because it's always been done one way doesn't make it correct. I feel there's a big difference in someone buying a ST knowing they'll possibly miss a few matches due to commitments elsewhere and buying a ST knowing there's games they just won't go to. I think this especially applies to ST holders with younger kids and also more elderly and/or less abled ST holders.

Rant over and anyway I don't think the Club need to offer a non OF ST this coming season. Let's see how this "move" works out first. I'd like to believe there's mileage in this ST option and given time the Club will realise that. I certainly think it would be folly to not introduce the option if there's any intention of repeating this "move" in future seasons.

• Like 2

So my options are to pay for my two season tickets as I have done for the last 17 seasons and for the Old Firm games, sit behind a goal or behind a pole, while looking over at the Hordes of Mordor, sitting with the best seats in the house; my seats? I honestly cannot imagine any sight more wretched than the Jackie Husband Stand full with the Old Firm. It’s a case of the Club don’t care what sort of match day experience it is for me, as long as they can make as much money as possible out of it and even if I don’t go I will still be paying for it?

One big reason for buying my season tickets was that I was always guaranteed my seats at every game, I knew those seats were mine, excellent view every time, I could turn up when I liked (within reason) and there they were. I don’t want to stand/sit in the North Stand or in the Main Stand. I cannot see any real value any more in me buying my season tickets, if when I really need them they are of no use.

The carrot of “in excess of £250,000 per season”, extra revenue has yet to be explained in any sort of detail by the Club and I have not heard any argument from anyone, either from the Club or on the Forum, which makes me believe it will turn out to be anywhere near that figure.

There has been no consultation from the Club with fans, a decision has been made and they are not “asking our Jackie Husband Stand season ticket holders to relocate”, we are being told you are moving. The Club have asked that, “on reflection, you will understand the reasons for doing this”, well I have reflected and decided to vote with all that is left to me and not renew my season tickets next season, because at some point there has to be some element of “what’s in it for me”?

• Like 3

I think, rather than going through hoops to try and not upset any particular group, we should just make it first come first served for these games whether it is 1,2,3 or 4 .I am sure we can all manage that. Prior to getting a season ticket a couple of years ago, if I wanted to get a seat beside my pals, who were season ticket holders, I had to get in early.

Ironically, when I decided to get a ST, the seat I usually sat in was taken by some other people who applied the same season. That's just luck. This isn't a big deal.

We had a discussion about this at work today and LSR has a valid point. This is what happens when things are done without consultation with a fans group (do we still have such a thing?)

So there are 10 of us that go to the games, 6 of whom are kids. We all sit together, all have season tickets. So we need to move for the Celtic / Rangers / whatever game the club deems they can make more money from (being flippant here) and we are fine with it.

We want to go to the north stand rather than the main stand as, well, we have been in the main stand before and frankly it's a coup.

There can be no public sale of tickets before all season ticket holders have had their allocation, otherwise how do they know how many tickets they can safely sell for the stand?

So what happens if we go to our allocated seat and someone is there already. Do we accept it and find another seat thus moving the problem on or do we get a steward to enforce the allocation. Additionally as there are kids, we would like people to sit down in front of us so that they can see the game. That's not the way it works in the north stand I hear you say, but this is not a normal game or I would be in my seat in the JHS.

I am being deliberately awkward here to make a point. The point being that the club need to confirm at some point whether the free for all standing rules apply or ticketing will be enforced. If ticketing is enforced, the pay at the gate fans will potentially be displaced for this game, maybe to another part of the NS or indeed to the main stand.

The club need a selection of awkward gits to talk to, a destructive test if you like, in order to iron out the obvious issues that come with a unilateral decision.

We had a discussion about this at work today and LSR has a valid point. This is what happens when things are done without consultation with a fans group (do we still have such a thing?)

So there are 10 of us that go to the games, 6 of whom are kids. We all sit together, all have season tickets. So we need to move for the Celtic / Rangers / whatever game the club deems they can make more money from (being flippant here) and we are fine with it.

We want to go to the north stand rather than the main stand as, well, we have been in the main stand before and frankly it's a coup.

There can be no public sale of tickets before all season ticket holders have had their allocation, otherwise how do they know how many tickets they can safely sell for the stand?

So what happens if we go to our allocated seat and someone is there already. Do we accept it and find another seat thus moving the problem on or do we get a steward to enforce the allocation. Additionally as there are kids, we would like people to sit down in front of us so that they can see the game. That's not the way it works in the north stand I hear you say, but this is not a normal game or I would be in my seat in the JHS.

I am being deliberately awkward here to make a point. The point being that the club need to confirm at some point whether the free for all standing rules apply or ticketing will be enforced. If ticketing is enforced, the pay at the gate fans will potentially be displaced for this game, maybe to another part of the NS or indeed to the main stand.

The club need a selection of awkward gits to talk to, a destructive test if you like, in order to iron out the obvious issues that come with a unilateral decision.

Club sells a two game package for the North Stand. Could be for the game prior to and for the Celtic game.

On average about 700 say use the NS between ST and PATG.

That means at least 3 weeks before the Celtic game, there are 700 seats allocated in the NS. This leaves 1400 unallocated Seats, including the whole of section 1 which currently sits bellow flags. Free to be given to JHS season ticket holders who don't want to use the main stand.

Surely that is a simple solution and I don't know why anyone would argue with it. After all, why should the club inconvenience more folk than they have to, for these games.

So my options are to pay for my two season tickets as I have done for the last 17 seasons and for the Old Firm games, sit behind a goal or behind a pole, while looking over at the Hordes of Mordor, sitting with the best seats in the house; my seats? I honestly cannot imagine any sight more wretched than the Jackie Husband Stand full with the Old Firm. It’s a case of the Club don’t care what sort of match day experience it is for me, as long as they can make as much money as possible out of it and even if I don’t go I will still be paying for it?

One big reason for buying my season tickets was that I was always guaranteed my seats at every game, I knew those seats were mine, excellent view every time, I could turn up when I liked (within reason) and there they were. I don’t want to stand/sit in the North Stand or in the Main Stand. I cannot see any real value any more in me buying my season tickets, if when I really need them they are of no use.

The carrot of “in excess of £250,000 per season”, extra revenue has yet to be explained in any sort of detail by the Club and I have not heard any argument from anyone, either from the Club or on the Forum, which makes me believe it will turn out to be anywhere near that figure.

There has been no consultation from the Club with fans, a decision has been made and they are not “asking our Jackie Husband Stand season ticket holders to relocate”, we are being told you are moving. The Club have asked that, “on reflection, you will understand the reasons for doing this”, well I have reflected and decided to vote with all that is left to me and not renew my season tickets next season, because at some point there has to be some element of “what’s in it for me”?

Our Wull, you aren't really thinking this through. If you buy a ST early enough, you get effectively 5 games free compared to PATG. In all likelihood we will have a maximum of 3 games vs OF next season, maybe even just 2. Are you really saying that you are going to give up "your seat" for every game instead of just those 2 or 3 and pay more into the bargain ?

Club sells a two game package for the North Stand. Could be for the game prior to and for the Celtic game.

On average about 700 say use the NS between ST and PATG.

That means at least 3 weeks before the Celtic game, there are 700 seats allocated in the NS. This leaves 1400 unallocated Seats, including the whole of section 1 which currently sits bellow flags. Free to be given to JHS season ticket holders who don't want to use the main stand.

Surely that is a simple solution and I don't know why anyone would argue with it. After all, why should the club inconvenience more folk than they have to, for these games.

It's a solution, dunno if it's the solution. Maybe you are someone the club should speak to when they come up with changes.

Playing the devils advocate (is his code for sh1t stirring?) why should someone who invests 2 games into the club get first choice over a season ticket holder? One of the advantages of having a ST is that you get first choice before a general sale.

I think the club has a few things to answer, one being the allocation of tickets (how and when) and another being the free for all policy that currently exists.

For what it is worth from people I have spoken to and some posts I have seen on here, there are fans giving up their season tickets on the back of this. So the sooner we know the detail the better.

Whether or not we agree with the decision, I think the one thing we can all agree on is that the lack of consultation is a worry.

Last year the club made a big decision about where fans would be situated, faced an uproar from those who would be displaced, before backtracking with the promise of regular communication between themselves and fan groups in order to prevent things like that reaction happening in the future.

Fast forward one year and they've made a similar type of decision (albeit on a short-term basis rather than permanently), and yet again they've spoken to absolutely nobody first to gauge opinions or to try and reach some sort of compromise.

We really are a poorly run club at times. Amateur.

Playing the devils advocate (is his code for sh1t stirring?) why should someone who invests 2 games into the club get first choice over a season ticket holder? One of the advantages of having a ST is that you get first choice before a general sale.

Two games isn't all they are investing, they invest on a weekly basis. But I understand what you mean.

But, it's the ridiculous situation the club has created. Bear in mind, we're talking less that 500 PATG fans, folk who made the move to behind the goal and have stood in that seat since. Folk who have been inconvenienced repeatedly when Celtic come. Are we now suggesting that, worst case scenario, those same folk could be inconvenienced again, only this time to make way for Thistle fans?

Incidentally, it's worth noting, that for the last few months, there has been a couple of face to face meetings as well as email correspondence from the club under the heading of supporters federation.

For reference, the federation was launched on the same night as TAG, and has actually been less successful. It's remit includes being a means for supporters groups to consult with the club on important issues.

It's worth noting that in the discussions around how to implement the SF as well as scripting a constituition, The club did not seek to consult with the representatives of many groups present either face to face, or via email, on the subject of next season's Celtic games.

I'm not sure why they made the choice not to.

Edited by potty trained

Totally agree there will be a lot of issues. But I'm sure the club have thought out every eventuality and have a plan in place.

I'm really laughing at that last sentence. Seriously.

The club are appalling at how they deal with tickets for big games, planning and customer service and have been for years. Some examples;

1. Cup game against Sevco a few years back (Damon Gray game). Asked specifically not to be put anywhere near the sons of Mordor. Assured I would not be. Turned up on the night and sat next to the barrier and stewards separating us, which was not pleasant, despite the result.

2. Replay of above cup game. Was told I could not have my season ticket seat because the police had told the club to sell tickets block by block. Asked for a seat further up the block - refused as the police apparently insisted they be sold as they came. I happened to know the match commander for that game and I asked him about this. He said this was rubbish "why would the Police tell a home team how to sell their fans tickets? As long as blocks near away fans were sold last for crowd control, what did it matter?" When I brought this to clubs attention I was then told it cost too much in admin to sell specific seats, so they changed their story to suit themselves.

3. Challenge Cup final. 6th in the queue for a ticket on the Monday they went on sale. Asked for a seat up the back. Refused. Ended up with a seat right at the corner flag with a steward in the way most of the game.

Quite frankly I don't trust the club to sort this out or have a plan in place. They don't care about fans, it's all about the office staff and if their life is easier.

My point, as others have pointed out, is as far as I'm concerned I have the best seat in the house and guaranteed for the big games. Now next season I will have a restricted view or have people refusing to sit in their seats in the North Stand so my 80 year old dad can actually see the game - and are likely to be very aggressive about refusing a polite request to sit as has happened at a number of away grounds the last couple of years.

The club could knock say £15 of an no OF season ticket, and potentially make more money if I then pay £26 to see one OF game or even more if we get Celtic twice and Rangers come up. But no - they produce a mythical figure and then refuse to look at any other option.

I'll be looking at the pricing of new season tickets very closely and thinking hard before if I renew. Especially the cost of the £25 for reserving a kids seat - to me there is no justifying the price of this if they are free at the gate and the policy is to throw supporters out into other stands when the old firm come calling. There is no crowd control issue then; if it's a cost issue FFS you have the names and addresses of those supporters who haven't picked them up. Deal with them!

The club should remember, if we get relegated one/two divisions again it won't be Celtic/Rangers fans money they'll be looking to get - it'll be mugs like me who been buying season tickets for the last 30 years. Effectively the way I feel is that they have basically said they value the speculative cash of Celtic and Rangers supporters for the best seats in the house above their core support.

It's a dangerous path, and who's to say it's restricted to those two teams. What if by some miracle Aberdeen could win the league at Firhill - you can bet your bottom dollar the fans would be punted again....

Edited by 1876Jag
  • Like 10

It's a solution, dunno if it's the solution. Maybe you are someone the club should speak to when they come up with changes.

I think the club has a few things to answer, one being the allocation of tickets (how and when) and another being the free for all policy that currently exists.

For what it is worth from people I have spoken to and some posts I have seen on here, there are fans giving up their season tickets on the back of this. So the sooner we know the detail the better.

Why are they giving the ST up. Is it because we weren't involved in the decision making, or is it because they are having to give up the seat for a few games. Do they usually go to all home games. I am not sure what purpose it serves.

Why are they giving the ST up. Is it because we weren't involved in the decision making, or is it because they are having to give up the seat for a few games. Do they usually go to all home games. I am not sure what purpose it serves.

Don't know of any giving up buying a season ticket, so purely speculation. Perhaps to some it's crossed a threshold (straw, camel, back if you like). If you don't feel you're getting value out of a ST as it is but purchase purely as routine. Or you could feel as each year goes by the side benefits from a ST has diminished.

I can't believe that no one will give up buying a ST on the back of this so the all important factor would be how many?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

My point, as others have pointed out, is as far as I'm concerned I have the best seat in the house and guaranteed for the big games. Now next season I will have a restricted view or have people refusing to sit in their seats in the North Stand so my 80 year old dad can actually see the game - and are likely to be very aggressive about refusing a polite request to sit as has happened at a number of away grounds the last couple of years.

In a post full of good points I'd highlight the above - it's really important that the club clearly states that the North Stand is for standing; otherwise it could cause a lot of issues when people are in the ground.

Good thing for me in that release is , hope they get as many as possible

• Reciprocal pricing benefits for away games. The club is trying hard to set up reciprocal agreements with as many Premiership clubs as possible to discount the price of entry to away games for season ticket holders. Details of which clubs will be included will be released in due course.

Season tickets appear to be on sale: http://ptfc.co.uk/season_tickets/

Given the move out the JH for OF games, continuing with the £25 charge to allocate a seat for kids may be the final straw for me. Also appears they have moved the Kids Zone (where you are allocated a kids seat for free) for perhaps the third year in a row.

Its only £25 if you are not willing to sit in the kids zone - its free in the family zone. If this isn't acceptable then for £1.30 a game you can pick any seat - seems pretty reasonable.

• Like 2