Just An Idea

Further to my post elsewhere I think there could be mileage in the following that would free up more room and create considerable more revenue.

It's largely based on the premise that a fair amount of ST holders would prefer not attending games against Celtic but would still appreciate the choice. It's also based on maintaining and not jeopardising Club turnover.

Prices are arbitrary and don't include inflation etc. It's also presumed that we play Celtic twice at home (we'll be in the top six next season anyway)

Season Tickets 13/14 cost £280 (19 home games)

Season Tickets 14/15 to cost £250 (17 home games)

Non ST price for two other games (assumed v Celtic) £25

ST holders price say £20ea game or £30 for two games.

Celtic game treated as a cup game in so much that seats are allocated by the Club and in the designated stand (presumably the main stand)

Tickets made available to ST holders at preferred rate prior to general sale. ST holders can reserve a seat in the designated stand should they so wish.

There could be concern with the status quo re season ticket value due to rearranged fixtures as it is. The additional hassle of Celtic matches could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and have current ST holders seiously questioning the value in renewing. Above could help redress that concern to some degree at least.

Further to my post elsewhere I think there could be mileage in the following that would free up more room and create considerable more revenue.

It's largely based on the premise that a fair amount of ST holders would prefer not attending games against Celtic but would still appreciate the choice. It's also based on maintaining and not jeopardising Club turnover.

Prices are arbitrary and don't include inflation etc. It's also presumed that we play Celtic twice at home (we'll be in the top six next season anyway)

Season Tickets 13/14 cost £280 (19 home games)

Season Tickets 14/15 to cost £250 (17 home games)

Non ST price for two other games (assumed v Celtic) £25

ST holders price say £20ea game or £30 for two games.

Celtic game treated as a cup game in so much that seats are allocated by the Club and in the designated stand (presumably the main stand)

Tickets made available to ST holders at preferred rate prior to general sale. ST holders can reserve a seat in the designated stand should they so wish.

There could be concern with the status quo re season ticket value due to rearranged fixtures as it is. The additional hassle of Celtic matches could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and have current ST holders seiously questioning the value in renewing. Above could help redress that concern to some degree at least.

Said on the original thread I thought it was an excellent idea and one which I think the club should seriously look at.

I don't know if they do it now but Kilmarnock certainly used to do this when Rangers were in the league. The few Killie fans I know said as far as they were aware they were fairly popular, especially amongst those that brought their kids to games and didn't want them to be involved in that type of atmosphere and also those who were unable to make early kick offs due to TV and knew 9 times out of 10 they wouldn't be at the game anyway.

If it worked for them I can't really see any reason it wouldn't work for us.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

How do you price the ticket when you don't know how many games you will play against the likes of Celtic? We may only play them once in the league, but there's a possibility we could play them 3 times.

If we're still in the Premiership next season we should play them once at home, unless we make the top 6. Unless the fixtures aren't worked out in as fixed a rotation as that? Cup games don't count as they're not included in the season ticket price anyway.

It shouldn't matter how many times we play Celtic. As the games against them have a separate pricing structure we could make the ST price for 17 home games and if we only play them once at home then fans get 18 home games with the difference in revenue made up from the Celtic game(s).

• Members

If we're still in the Premiership next season we should play them once at home, unless we make the top 6. Unless the fixtures aren't worked out in as fixed a rotation as that? Cup games don't count as they're not included in the season ticket price anyway.

We could make the top 6 and it's been said often enough, if you don't end up where you're predicted to end up, you could have 3 home games or 3 away games against one particular side.

I'm just not sure the idea is workable or beneficial to the Club or the ST buyer.

I'm just not sure the idea is workable or beneficial to the Club or the ST buyer.

I can understand the idea could be impractical from a logistical point of view but I feel I could argue the benefit to the Club and most certainly the ST holder.

The Club would benefit by increased sales at the premium price to Celtic supporters certainly not just covering and but far exceeding any drop in revenue from a few hundred ST holders who don't wish to attend games against them.

The ST holder has the benefit of choice whether to attend or not, which I feel is a very useful selling tool. If he/she wants to go to the games they wouldn't be any worse off financially. What's more, offering that choice of attending such games or not could either help sell more season tickets or, if glass half empty, help protect the current ST level of sales.

As a side issue I feel the Club should be concerned about the future marketing of ST sales after this season. I know our hard core support could never be described as glory hunters but we have just gone about ten months without a home win. Factor in, thru no fault of our own, a fair chunk of empty Saturdays particularly earlier on and I feel next season's ST sales will be a very hard sell. Offering an "opt out" for Celtic games could just make it that bit easier.

• Like 1

We could make the top 6 and it's been said often enough, if you don't end up where you're predicted to end up, you could have 3 home games or 3 away games against one particular side.

Add to that that things will become doubly messy when Rangers appear in the top flight as we'd presumably be looking to do the same with them.

Potentially 6 home games not on the season ticket.

Add to that that things will become doubly messy when Rangers appear in the top flight as we'd presumably be looking to do the same with them.

ST value totally diminished then, with these 6 games, potential Friday night and Sunday morning games for telly and it could be your ST only gets you to a dozen games on a Saturday

By the time they are back we will be an established top flight team and wont have so much need to supplement our income from the ugly sisters.

ST value totally diminished then, with these 6 games, potential Friday night and Sunday morning games for telly and it could be your ST only gets you to a dozen games on a Saturday

We have only had 8 so far this season(if I have counted it right). Admittedly I have excluded the abandoned St J game and the 2 games after Christmas

we played celtic twice at home in the league in 2002/03 and then again in 2003/04 so could be the same again next year.

we played celtic twice at home in the league in 2002/03 and then again in 2003/04 so could be the same again next year.

It could well be the same. However, the circumstances back then were unique. Due to Motherwell bye law 18, there was no relegation from the top league at the end of 2002/3. The league went with the same mix of fixtures and even the bottom 6 must have been the same. Certain we played Aberdeen away 3 times in each of those seasons.

14 team league play each team twice - thats 26 games then split the league into two halfs of 7 and play each team in your half of table twice which means a further 12 games - 38 games total.

or after 26 games split the league, play each team in your half once and then split league again for final 6 fixtures.

only flaw being some teams wont revenue from playing celtic 3 or 4 times but if rangers get back to prem it wouldnt matter.

There are no rules in this league.

The only rule is, they reserve the right to make up the rest of the rules as they go along.

I don't know whether you are just being sarcastic or not but as it so happens that is a fact. All the rules have the caveat "at the discretion of the board" so at any time they can bend or break a rule as it suits them. In fact our club has experienced this being used to relegate us.

I'd doubt it. Back in 2002/03 and 2003/04 both halves of the OF were in the SPL so they were more concerned with giving each team 3 home OF games, rather than caring which half it was visiting twice.

Certain we played Aberdeen away 3 times in each of those seasons.

We only played Aberdeen away 3 times in 2002/03. We played them at home after the split in 03/04 where we won 2-0 in the "West Ham" style away kit.

I'd doubt it. Back in 2002/03 and 2003/04 both halves of the OF were in the SPL so they were more concerned with giving each team 3 home OF games, rather than caring which half it was visiting twice.

We only played Aberdeen away 3 times in 2002/03. We played them at home after the split in 03/04 where we won 2-0 in the "West Ham" style away kit.

wouldnt surprise me if we played celtic home twice before split next season again. that aberdeen game chico sat infront of me in jh stand