Club Statement

Jag

Just goes to show you thay even when something is for free, that's never enough for some people. £25 to reserve a seat for the whole season is still good value. How much do kids get charged at other clubs to reserve a seat for the whole season - IE a season ticket? Willing to bet it's a lot more than £25

e

So does stevie lawless lol

• Like 1

You'd have lost that bet then.

Kids go Free has been eroded. Last season it was Kids go Free unless you want to sit in a specific seat. Now it's kids go free if you want to sit in the pissing rain. This despite the fact that stadium lies 3/4 empty.

Meanwhile, other clubs have caught up.

Dundee Utd offer a 20 quid ticket. Hamilton offer two free u18 tickets with an adult ticket. Motherwell offer the same.

St Johnstone is free of charge for u12. Dundee is 18 quid for U12

So when you do a like for like comparison for kids with their own seat, the Partick Thistle offer isn't actually that competitive.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

Just goes to show you thay even when something is for free, that's never enough for some people. £25 to reserve a seat for the whole season is still good value. How much do kids get charged at other clubs to reserve a seat for the whole season - IE a season ticket? Willing to bet it's a lot more than £25

Is that nonsensical sentence aimed at me, Ian?

I have no idea how much other clubs charge for children's season tickets. Should we judge ourselves by the behaviour of others? How many other clubs claim that Kids Go Free? I thought that was supposed to be a progressive move. To set us apart and ahead of the others.

Yes, I have the option of free tickets for my boys but then there seems little point of me having a season ticket myself and never sitting in that seat. I don't use the value of my season ticket because of other commitments. Therefore if I PATG the club will lose money by attempting to get me to pay an extra £50. I am willing to pay £308 but not £358 (or £368 if the Apple Tax is charged again). As a single father with two children I have to be careful where I dispose of my income.

Thanks Will. To find out that we were in Row Willjag after, probably, our last game there! Would have been good to attach a face to a forum regular. I think the most frustrating thing when dealing with the club is the poor customer relations and (and I hate to say it) a seemingly amateurish set up at Firhill Towers. They are a business and I am a customer. Their response to my email was curt and matter of fact. I would have thought that when dealing with an unhappy customer and facing the potential loss of £300 income, a more measured and personal reply would have been better. I wasn't expecting them to change their minds because of one or two emails but a little customer care might have been in order. I am finding the process quite alienating. Why can I not spend over £300 on an online purchase simply because I use an Apple computer? Online commerce is a huge market, thousands of retailers using software that works for all computers. But not Partick Thistle. Why make it hard for customers to give you money? Especially as you clearly need as much money as you can get at the moment. I wonder how much money they think they are saving by using this inadequate system. Amateurish. And that brings me to TAG. You mentioned approaching a Supporters Federation to deal with the club. TAG members are supposed to be members of a Supporters Federation but as far as I know, this 'benefit' has not yet been implemented. Two years since the launch at the Morton game and nearly a year since it actually started, one of the stated benefits of the scheme has not been implemented. And where's my Membership Card! I find it rather depressing. Archie, Shaggie and the Crew have worked wonders on the park. Because of or in spite of the help they are getting from their employers? I wonder.

be the oldest in the row he will, did you not notice the cobwebs?

rest you said, in complete agreement. to say the setup away from the playing side is amateur is almost complementary - the girls are likely only doing as they are told, but for a club of our size, their customer relations in instances like yours is pathetic. but why should beattie and the rest of the tartan rugs comfy seats dwellers bother, after all, it's not as if the club needs the money.

• Like 1

. Some folk just love to moan here.. Give us a standing area in a desolate stand and pay extra costs for opening up same even though over 3,000 seats lie empty nearby. Don't move me when Old Firm call even though extra income will improve my Club. Give my kid a prime spot even though he doesn't pay to get in. Don't these Whingers realise we are a small Club and can't splash the cash willy nilly. The Directors are appointed to take decisions. Do they have to consult every Tom, Dick or Harry first ? Take time out guys before putting forward points involving any drop in income to our Club.

• Like 2

I realise that some people find this discussion a little tedious even soporific. I suggest that you stop reading now if this is likely.

Received a reply from the club today. Vastly different tone from their previous response. It's almost as though somebody at the club is reading this forum.

Thanks again for your email and I’ll try and answer as many of your points as best I can.

Firstly, we have taken on board the feedback regarding the Family Section and, with that in mind, have extended it to include rows C – W which offers an extra nine rows to give additional cover for when the weather is bad. I take your second point as well but we have more than 250 under 16 season ticket holders and, as I’m sure you’re aware, a very small number of staff. With this in mind it simply isn’t practical to check every seat to check the number of games an under 16 season ticket holder has attended. The way our system works we would have to go through every game for every season ticket to check whether they have attended or not meaning we would need to check almost 5,000 attendances – I’m sure you appreciate that this simply isn’t possible. The purpose of a £25 charge isn’t to make money for the club but is to prevent large areas of premium seats being taken up by free season tickets. This was a problem in our first season back in the top flight and, at the moment, this is the best solution we have available to us. We also want to encourage as many families as possible to take a seat in the Family Section to help make match day at Firhill a truly family friendly atmosphere. We have offered free entry to under 16s since 2008 and it is something no other club offers on the same scale. Kids go free is something we are thoroughly committed to and is a scheme we are looking to build further.

The seat selection tool on our ticketing website requires Flash which, as you’re no doubt aware, isn’t compatible with Apple products. Having said this, if you are simply renewing your seat, just select the quick renew button and you will be able to renew on an Apple device as there is no need to use the seat selection tool. Alternatively you can contact the club directly and purchase over the phone or in person. The purpose of the £10 surcharge last year was to encourage as many people as possible to buy online as that is the most cost effective way for the club to process the payment, meaning more of the money you pay goes to where it is most needed – the manager’s budget. We recognise that some, like yourself, were unfortunately caught up in this through no fault of your own and, as such, there will be no similar charge this season.

Finally, the point you make about the supporters’ federation is valid but we are working hard to get it up and running. We realise that they have been delayed but hope to announce more news on them soon. We are working closely with the existing supporters’ organisations to establish the supporters’ federation with a view to developing better communication channels between the club and our supporters. Any further information will be communicated to all season ticket holders and TAG members as soon as it is available. TAG membership will continue to be free to season ticket holders for the 2015/16 season and we are working hard to continue to develop and expand the exclusive content that is already available to subscribers.

Hopefully I have been able to answer your questions and I sincerely hope that you do choose to renew your season ticket for next year. The money from season ticket sales, as you say, genuinely helps Alan Archibald and Scott Paterson build a successful team each season and represents one of the largest contributing factors to their budget.

If you have any further questions or comments you would like me to pass on please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

Office Administrator

Partick Thistle Football Club

t: 0141 579 1971

A few new pieces of information in there.

Family section has been extended.

The club are unable to gather much useful information from the electronic turnstiles because of the very small number of staff. I would have thought that the ability to gather information on your customers was one of the advantages of this system. We have of course learnt recently that 38% of season ticket holders didn't attend the last Celtic game. What we don't know is how many season ticket holders, on average, usually attend games. A single statistic is fairly uninformative without something to judge it against.

The club do not make any money from the £25 'Kids Go Free' charge. Edit: I have mis-read this. 'The purpose of the charge isn’t to make money.'

The online season ticket system works with a Mac if you just want to renew your seat.

There will be no charge for customers buying season tickets over the phone or in person.

TAG is a work in progress.

Edited by BowenBoys
  • Like 1

I've just spend the last half hour trying to renew my season tickets online with no success. No idea what my passwords are so tried numerous times to get a new password sent out via the lost password link but it doesn't work. Have tried typing in email address and customer number (you type either of these in along with your surname + postcode) but alas no new password, so can't sign in so can't renew tickets. Even tried using the TAG password they sent me in desperation but that didn't work either.

I had the same carry on last year. We might not be as cuddly anymore but the online ticket system is still rubbish. Awkward to use and doesn't work properly.

My £333 will just need to sit in my account until I'm able to phone the club next week :(

I've just spend the last half hour trying to renew my season tickets online with no success. No idea what my passwords are so tried numerous times to get a new password sent out via the lost password link but it doesn't work. Have tried typing in email address and customer number (you type either of these in along with your surname + postcode) but alas no new password, so can't sign in so can't renew tickets. Even tried using the TAG password they sent me in desperation but that didn't work either.

I had the same carry on last year. We might not be as cuddly anymore but the online ticket system is still rubbish. Awkward to use and doesn't work properly.

My £333 will just need to sit in my account until I'm able to phone the club next week :(

I could not remember my password either but when I went through the process to get a new one sent it worked straight away today if you want to try and avoid phoning.

I've just spend the last half hour trying to renew my season tickets online with no success. No idea what my passwords are so tried numerous times to get a new password sent out via the lost password link but it doesn't work. Have tried typing in email address and customer number (you type either of these in along with your surname + postcode) but alas no new password, so can't sign in so can't renew tickets. Even tried using the TAG password they sent me in desperation but that didn't work either. I had the same carry on last year. We might not be as cuddly anymore but the online ticket system is still rubbish. Awkward to use and doesn't work properly. My £333 will just need to sit in my account until I'm able to phone the club next week :(

Funnily enough I had no problem last year but have been trying all week end (new pwd thingy didn't work for me) and can't get in at all. Haven't bothered contacting the club about this atm as the office is closed.

Edited by Mr Bunny

309t0rs.jpg

The forgotten password system finally worked for me and I am now the proud owner of 2 renewed season tickets.

Definitely wasn't working over the weekend though. As someone said elsewhere, it feels like someone may have been reading the forum and sorted it.

Anyway, happy now and happy to report the ticket system finally worked for me. Cheers for the heads up guys!

309t0rs.jpg

The forgotten password system finally worked for me and I am now the proud owner of 2 renewed season tickets.

Definitely wasn't working over the weekend though. As someone said elsewhere, it feels like someone may have been reading the forum and sorted it.

Anyway, happy now and happy to report the ticket system finally worked for me. Cheers for the heads up guys!

Really despise this "cuddly" pish - it's basically saying Chic Young was right. Get it to ****.