Club Statement

Jag

The difference is that one club policy assumes the ground will be full and the other that the ground will not be full i.e. the £25 fee is there to discourage not using a much needed seat yet an adult season ticket entitles you to effectively occupy two seats.

I don't understand your point here - an adult season ticket holder having paid for his ticket chooses to sit elsewhere is not an issue (yes admittedly it prevents someone buying a season ticket in prime location but at least the seat is bought initially rather than been given out free) in the event of an all ticket game then the holder will have to sit in his own seat.

Is it? Really?

Can only speak for 2013 after winning promotion when I was in the office and for prime centre seats it was very difficult to find 2 together latterly - if you do see the stand with the reserved stickers on then you will see nearly all are reserved - again this may have changed since 2013-2014

Not according to research done by La Scimmia Rossa which I have not seen refuted anywhere.

I'm still comfortable that while all of these schemes are decent they don't give out a free season ticket to kids under 16 no matter the number in the family - and ours has been ongoing for years meaning we now have more kids following us than ever before - the hard task is keeping them!

If the hard task is keeping them, why are we charging them £25 to sit beside their parents?

Especially when their parents have been sitting in the same area in the stand since it was built? Next to the same people. Contributing that that feeling of "belonging"

Indeed their parents paid two years up front-with interest- to fund the JH stand in order that we could have this discussion about "prime seating" ...

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa
  • Like 1

I'm still comfortable that while all of these schemes are decent they don't give out a free season ticket to kids under 16 no matter the number in the family - and ours has been ongoing for years meaning we now have more kids following us than ever before - the hard task is keeping them!

For the many couples wishing to bring 5 of more children or single people bringing 3 or more kids the Motherwell and Hamilton packages certainly are disappointing.

Where did you get your figures from? I would love to see them.

It would be useful if the Board were less secretive and published season ticket numbers so that we were all better informed.

If the hard task is keeping them, why are we charging them £25 to sit beside their parents?

Especially when their parents have been sitting in the same area in the stand since it was built? Next to the same people. Contributing that that feeling of "belonging"

Indeed their parents paid two years up front-with interest- to fund the JH stand in order that we could have this discussion about "prime seating" ...

It's been explained why the club are charging less than £1.50 per game for a child to reserve a seat out with the kids zone.

Going to throw something out there, why shouldn't there be a nominal amount charged for all kids , maybe £1.00/£2.00.

We've now got the parents throwing the toys out the pram because they can't get something for nothing. Obviously the kids for free is a marketing tool to maybe kids getting the bug and becoming Jags supporters in the future but I believe there is also a negative there with kids not putting any value in watching PTFC thinking they get it for nothing therefore in later years when they do have to pay it becomes an issue .

• Like 1

Yes. I could take it out of their pocket money. Wait, though. Perhaps I should stop giving them pocket money in case they get used to getting something for nothing and won't work when they have to.

you've obviously came from a very privileged background I had to do chores and earn my " pocket money "

• 2 weeks later...

As we have all been caught up in Kingsley mania just a reminder that the renewal price for season tickets finishes at 5pm on Tuesday.

Thanks for this. It would have passed me by.

So I assume the price goes up after Tuesday (and it's not just about keeping your same seat)?

Don't see the issue with kids season tickets. Mountain out of a molehill. Under 16 get in for free with loads of spare seats to choose from.

Possibly because fans with kids have not bought season tickets due to the £25 fee. As the club don't communicate this sort of information to the fans, we'll probably never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly because fans with kids have not bought season tickets due to the £25 fee. As the club don't communicate this sort of information to the fans, we'll probably never know.

When I go on my own I sit at my season ticket seat. There are spare seats near me in the city end but I sit in Section 7 when niece and nephew come with me.

Got the following email from the club about the match on 8th August. Looks like the Main Stand is unallocated seating but North Stand is fixed seating.

Dear season ticket holder,

With the Celtic game scheduled for August 8th already on the horizon we are getting in touch now to explain how the seat move will work in order to give you the best choice possible ahead of the match. We know that this is far from an ideal situation and appreciate your patience during the process but hope to make the move as easy for you as possible.

For this game both the Main and North Stands will be allocated for home support but all Jackie Husband Stand season tickets will be invalid for the match. As a season ticket holder you will be guaranteed a ticket in the Main Stand which will be unreserved seating for this game, meaning you can choose any available seat in the stand on the day. If this is your preferred option then you do not have to do anything else and a ticket will automatically be sent to you in advance of the game.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to sit in the North Stand for this match please contact the club over the phone (0141 579 1971), by replying to this email or by popping into the office and we will arrange for you to be allocated a North Stand ticket instead. The North Stand will be allocated seating, so if you have any requests such as an aisle seat or not to be behind the goals please let us know and we will do our very best to accommodate you.

We know that most people don’t come to Firhill alone and, if you regularly sit with a group of friends or family and would all like to be allocated seats together in the North Stand, all we ask is that one of your group contacts the club with the names for your entire group. Once you have done that we will endeavour to get you the required tickets together in the North Stand.

In order that we can do our best to accommodate your preferences, and to make sure you receive your ticket in plenty of time, anybody wishing to receive a North Stand seat or be allocated group seating should contact the club before Friday July 24th.

Please note, any season ticket holders with a North Stand season ticket will be unaffected and should just use their season card at the turnstile as normal. For this match the entire North Stand will be strictly allocated seating.

If you have any problems or questions please don’t hesitate to contact the cub directly either by phone (0141 579 1971), by replying to this email or by popping into the office.

We thank you once again for your patience and apologise for any inconvenience you may experience during this period.

I think it is a reasonable compromise - one stand unallocated and one where you can arrange to sit with your mates. The only comment I would make is that not much time has been allowed to organise given it is holiday time, some folk will be away just now and some just going.