Club Statement

Jag

ST holders come first. Always have and -until some better idea comes up- aways will be. If you don't like it, buy a season ticket.

Season ticket holders will be housed in the NS. It's the only stand that can accomodate the electronic tickets.

On paper looks fine because the numbers can be accomodated. The reality is different.

If you don't issue tickets for the NS, then it's a free for all. Sit where you like. First come first served. That means it's far more likely that the normal PATG NS guys will be disadvantaged, due to being out numbered by 3-1. It's also more likely that friction will occur. People standing up. Others sitting down.

It needs to be organised.

Better to agree up front where the singers/standers are going to be housed. (Preferably behind everyone else ).Sell the tickets for there then the rest of the ST holders can be sold tickets for the remainder.

That's not trying to create division. That's being sensible.

I understand that will disrupt the day for a minority of the Thistle support in the NS, that's unfortunate but maybe for a couple of games a season they could just put up with that? So the rest of us who are being majorly disrupted, can be looked after? Or is it a case that some people's match day experience is more important than the overwhelimg majority?

In the hypothetical situation outlined by PT above, the problem will be even more acute for PATG fans in the NS since they will be competing with an even larger number of people for their usual, non reserved, space.

At present I'm a season ticket holder, and due to my eye sight not being what it was a couple of years ago, I no longer attend away fixtures as I'm unable to make out what is happening at the other end of the park. So if you are correct regarding season ticket holders having to sit in the NS I will not be a happy bunny.

Here's an idea, when renewing your ST there should be a NS or MS box to tick for Celtic Games, that could take you to a seat plan and you pick your seat for those matches then. Block the middle 2 sections back 5 rows of NS for "first come first served on the day" and there is no confusion

Perfectly sensible - I'd guess the main reason the vast majority of fan base choose the JHS is to get best view. If JHS ST are doubly shafted by giving up the seat we've occupied for decades to be solely allocated behind the goal due to turnstile issues that would just compound the issue.

Apologies if I've overlooked a repy to this query on previous pages.

In my experience, early bird prices are cheaper to encourage folks to purchase early.

Why is the early bird ST price more expensive than a renewal?

Or have I misread it? Is renewal the same price regardless of when you renew?

Edited by Big Col

No-one is suggesting they will be forced into the NS but it will be the default option given the season tickets are electronically activated they'll need to be electronically validated. Keeping costs to a minimum would be sensible.

Sorry I misunderstood, when you said:

Season ticket holders will be housed in the NS. It's the only stand that can accomodate the electronic tickets.

You'll have the option of the MS too. Not sure how that will work practically with the ticket though?

I imagine there will be people manning the MS entrance,just like now. Probably be a ST gate and the person on will view the card. It happened this season already one game in the JHS when the electronic gates went on the blink

Apologies if I've overlooked a repy to this query on previous pages.

In my experience, early bird prices are cheaper to encourage folks to purchase early.

Why is the early bird ST price more expensive than a renewal?

Or have I misread it? Is renewal the same price regardless of when you renew?

The renewal price is for those who had a season ticket last season. The early bird price is for those who did not. The early bird price is up to the 15th of June and the renewal price is up to the 30th - after that it is the standard price for both.

I've renewed and I urge others to do the same.

People seem to be anticipating problems with season ticket holders & patg fans in the north stand during old firm games - I don't think there's going to be an issue, because some jhs supporters will go to main stand and others will go to northie - simples. People are saying ah but....this could happen etc... - if your granny had baws.....

With regards to the optional £25 for juvenile tickets, I think that's a fair price to secure a seat & if you don't want to pay you can still take your chances of finding seats together, which from where I sit looks like it shouldn't be a problem.

So, buy a ticket and support the team from wherever you sit. Mon the jags!

• Like 1

The renewal price is for those who had a season ticket last season. The early bird price is for those who did not. The early bird price is up to the 15th of June and the renewal price is up to the 30th - after that it is the standard price for both.

Thanks for that.

So why do existing ST holders have to pay £7 more than new ST holders? Should it not be the other way round. Rewarding loyalty etc.

Or at least make it the same price.

Another blunder by the board IMO.

I've renewed and I urge others to do the same.

People seem to be anticipating problems with season ticket holders & patg fans in the north stand during old firm games - I don't think there's going to be an issue, because some jhs supporters will go to main stand and others will go to northie - simples. People are saying ah but....this could happen etc... - if your granny had baws.....

With regards to the optional £25 for juvenile tickets, I think that's a fair price to secure a seat & if you don't want to pay you can still take your chances of finding seats together, which from where I sit looks like it shouldn't be a problem.

So, buy a ticket and support the team from wherever you sit. Mon the jags!

Sense at last. Well in DTJ! Planning on renewing mine Friday payday. Still hate the thought of the Old Firm hordes in our stand (did you see that Sevco mob chucking stuff in the corner tonight urgh) but if the club need money then so be it.

Edited by Sinistar

Received this perfunctory reply from the club today.

Thank you for your email.

Under 16s can chose a free season ticket in the family section of the stadium, Jackie Husband block 7, between rows C & M.

To reserve a seat elsewhere in the stadium there is a £25 fee, this is to reduce the amount of under 16s who were reserving seats in the best areas of the stadium, but never attending the games.

If you do not wish to pay the fee or reserve a seat for them in the family area, your children will still be able to get a free walk-up ticket on match day.

The benefits of the TAG core package are as follows:
  • A unique membership card and TAG membership number
  • Access to the club's exclusive live match day text commentary
  • Access to Partick Thistle TV videos and match galleries on ptfc.co.uk
  • Membership to one of the Club's official supporters' federations
  • Entry into six draws per year to win the chance for you and a friend to travel to a selected away game on the team bus

I hope I have been able to help.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

Office Administrator

Partick Thistle Football Club

t: 0141 579 1971

I think the club could brush up on their customer relations.

Fired this off in response. Don't hold out much hope of success in my one man campaign against this stupid £25 fee for kids but can't let it go.

Kirsty

Thank you for responding quickly to my enquiry.

However, I am unhappy about the content.

Last Saturday was a miserable wet day, not uncommon in Glasgow. At these times people seated in the lower rows of the stand scramble to the back in order to escape the rain. We sit in row N and were getting slightly wet. In order to avoid paying £50 for season tickets for my boys (aged 8 and 6) I have to accept that my young kids will be expected to get soaked when it rains as the Family Section occupies the lower rows of the stand. Surely this is not appropriate. Not a great way to encourage youngsters to support Partick Thistle.

Due to other commitments, not unusual where young children are concerned, we do not attend as many games as I would like. With the electronic entry system introduced last year, you must have information about who does, or does not, attend games. I can’t remember how many games my kids have been to this season but you can check your data, our seats are N55, N56 and N57. I am suggesting that the £25 fee be dropped for those renewing season tickets who fulfil your only criteria i.e. have attended games. You have the data.

I have supported Thistle for 22 years and dearly hope that my children also become long term supporters as adults. Given that we don’t attend a great many games, purchasing a season ticket is not about saving money but rather supporting the manager’s terrific work. I am not sure that I will feel like doing so next season if the choice is pay £50 or get wet. If I have to go to the ticket office at every game to get free tickets for the boys, I might as well buy a ticket for myself while I’m there. It would be cheaper for me over the season and the club would lose money. Alternatively, I do as you suggest, buy a season ticket and get free walk up tickets for my kids. I then sit with them guaranteeing that my season ticket seat, in the best area of the stadium, remains empty. It really doesn’t make sense.

I notice that this year, again, I am unable to renew my season ticket online as I have an Apple computer. Last year I had to pay an extra £10 to pay over the ‘phone. Will this be the case again this year?

Regarding TAG, can you explain how the 'Membership to one of the Club's official supporters’ federations’ works. I have received no information about this benefit this season.

I hope that it is possible to review the position regarding the £25 fee for kids. I really do want to continue to financially support the great work that Archie and Shaggy are doing.

Thanks for that.

So why do existing ST holders have to pay £7 more than new ST holders? Should it not be the other way round. Rewarding loyalty etc.

Or at least make it the same price.

Another blunder by the board IMO.

I am not sure how you are coming to that figure. I had a season ticket last season so when I renew it will cost £308 (assuming I do so before the end of June), a person who did not have one last season will either pay £319 or £340 depending when they buy.

My season ticket says 2013-14 on it. It was electronically updated for this year. So, how does the turnstyle operator validate it next season?

I am sure that there aren't that many ST holders that gave up their ST last year. It maybe as easy as having a list of ST's that aren't valid ?

Bowen. It's a two man campaign. I emailed Ian Maxwell last week. The club won't reconsider. My issue isn't with the 25 quid, it's the principle. You'll get very little support on here. Since it affects kids. Not grown men .

That's democracy, LSR. If not enough people are concerned about it then it won't change.

As it stands I am unlikely to renew. It really is stupid as the club will lose money from me. Of course, I will continue to support the team but I can't support this board's decision.

• Like 1

• Members

"To reserve a seat elsewhere in the stadium there is a £25 fee, this is to reduce the amount of under 16s who were reserving seats in the best areas of the stadium, but never attending the games."

Had a little chuckle to myself at this one! I'm always asking folk to move from my seat even though there's a sticker on it.

I sit at the end of the row you are in BB. I probably stand up to let you and your kids in and out every other week. I may not know every person around me with ST's names, but I know their faces and chat to them. We've all been there a long time and I'd imagine you and the other Season Ticket holders are the same no matter what part of the ground we are in. If anyone asks if one of their seats are empty we let them know that there's normally someone sitting there so it's up to them whether they take a chance and risk getting moved later or go and find somewhere else. What I'm trying to say is the fans in particular areas have an idea who sits in what seats regularly. It shouldn't be an issue for the Club to assign these seats to you and LSR's kids. I can't imagine that there are 100's of these seats being blocked.

The problem I've always found in any dealings with the Club, is that they are too rigid and not at all flexible. I think staff and volunteers alike are too frightened to use common sense. Somebody makes a decision (sometimes ill-informed) and nobody questions it. To me the £25 kids season ticket reservation is one of these cases. It would be easier to resolve it by making a simple change on the kids ST application form. Ask if they want either:-

1. A designated seat

2. To be seated in the kids area

3. No area reserved (thinking mainly of the U16's that frequent the North Stand)

Best of luck to you both, BB and LSR. Maybe if enough of you guys can get together you can approach one of the recognised Supporters Federations to raise this with the Club?

• Like 1

Just goes to show you thay even when something is for free, that's never enough for some people. £25 to reserve a seat for the whole season is still good value. How much do kids get charged at other clubs to reserve a seat for the whole season - IE a season ticket? Willing to bet it's a lot more than £25

• Like 1

Thanks Will.

To find out that we were in Row Willjag after, probably, our last game there! Would have been good to attach a face to a forum regular.

I think the most frustrating thing when dealing with the club is the poor customer relations and (and I hate to say it) a seemingly amateurish set up at Firhill Towers.

They are a business and I am a customer. Their response to my email was curt and matter of fact. I would have thought that when dealing with an unhappy customer and facing the potential loss of £300 income, a more measured and personal reply would have been better. I wasn't expecting them to change their minds because of one or two emails but a little customer care might have been in order. I am finding the process quite alienating.

Why can I not spend over £300 on an online purchase simply because I use an Apple computer? Online commerce is a huge market, thousands of retailers using software that works for all computers. But not Partick Thistle. Why make it hard for customers to give you money? Especially as you clearly need as much money as you can get at the moment. I wonder how much money they think they are saving by using this inadequate system. Amateurish.

And that brings me to TAG. You mentioned approaching a Supporters Federation to deal with the club. TAG members are supposed to be members of a Supporters Federation but as far as I know, this 'benefit' has not yet been implemented. Two years since the launch at the Morton game and nearly a year since it actually started, one of the stated benefits of the scheme has not been implemented. And where's my Membership Card!

I find it rather depressing. Archie, Shaggie and the Crew have worked wonders on the park. Because of or in spite of the help they are getting from their employers? I wonder.