Killie Game

p12tfc

I was wondering why no thread , if the game was a write off and no one wanted to comment . seems as a team we are being posted missing allowing Killie to get the result they need.

Is it a conspiracy to ensure that a team is in the league next year that will fill the relegation spot .

currently MOTHERWELL are toast with regards to the play off place.

I thought playing an attacking 4-4-2 left the defence really exposed. Doolan was playing deeper than Taylor, but only slightly. I didn't get the impression that they players weren't trying though; more that they were initially frustrated, then ultimately deflated, by one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever witnessed. Nowt went for us this afternoon.

Game proved 2 up front does not work. Our best form coincided with a midfield 3 of Bannigan, Osman and Craigen with 2 ahead and one up front.

Yes , at least Archie will have learned that. Dools can't play the Stevo role but to be honest the team pretty much chucked it in the second half. We were way too lightweight in the middle today

A special mention for the Ref , what an utterly appaling performance.some mind boggling decisions.How that fud with the beard never walked is incredible and the the foul he gave to Killie which lead to the goal ...feck me.

If foxy was looking for a better contract he didnt go about it the right way, looked out of sorts all afternoon and again utter pish in a one on one situation.

Thought that may have been a farewell from Higgy at the end too, he looked quite emotional.

End of season p1sh from us again but all the players have given us some great entertainment this season so I'll let them off this once

Edited by angry gaz

I wouldn't accuse the players of not putting the effort in however they certainly weren't concentrating. The number of basic passes and simple receipts of passes that didn't come off suggests they were not focused fully on this game.

Add to the mix poor defending, some of the most frustrating diving and inept refereeing and it was a poor day for Jags fans. Dissappointing really as to a man we are head and shoulders better than them.

If I have a criticism of Archie and this team it's there are too many times poor teams get away from Firhill with 3 points. Today was no exception.

Higgy was punching his heart/ badge at end. I hope he stays but suspect he's for the off. One of the most naturally gifted players we've ever had. Cheers Higgy and thanks for the memories.

Higginbotham from February to May last season was like a man possessed and pretty much kept us up on his own.

I would agree with the comments on here - the guys DID try and I have no complaints about effort at all.

BUT what was the change of formation all about? Archie did this in the first half of the cup tie at home against ICT and we were woeful at the back. So it was today when Frans and Balatoni had no protection and got bossed by a dumpling like Magennis. Everything seemed to come from them running at the back two and the referee letting them off with shirt pulling, fly digs et al.

The third goal free kick was laugh out loud material from the ref I had a great view of it and Eremanky ( what a cheat in' bastridge) steeled himself and stepped into Christy and fell down. Would not have minded a fiver for every time they lay down at no provocation and Beaton fell for it every time. No wonder the Middle eastern guy put the head on him if he was as clueless as that.

But the real fault lay at Archie's door for putting out that formation. Maybe it was an opportunity to try something different but it failed miserably.

Just a word for wee Stevie - what a great wee player he is.

Defence posted missing,didnt think the tackle for the penalty was in the box,shouldnt have conceded the corner for the second,Fox should have got off his line and stopped the ball going out,free-kick for the third was a joke,the ball went straight thru Fox for the fourth.Poor end to our home games,Archie back to his strange substituitions,tossed the towel in when taking Lyle off,on the bright side we have done well finishing 8th,and by keeping them up,points in the bank next season,lol.

Worrying for me was how the defence was out-muscled. Killie played for what they could get away with and they got away with plenty. But no sour grapes in that respect. We've been pretty solid of late and came up against an old-school centre forward who barged and frankly bullied our central defenders. Not good enough.

Agree also that the ref was poor, some shocking decisions. Funny thing was that all the nice football was played by one team and it wasn't Killie.

Usual end of season dross. Performances like that don't put bums on seats... we're better than that and the fans deserved better.

Game proved 2 up front does not work. Our best form coincided with a midfield 3 of Bannigan, Osman and Craigen with 2 ahead and one up front.

Plus points today....in reality there wasn't

Negatives......Taylor, quite rightly looked pissed off when he was subbed. A Garry Fraser stop after being subbed until Shaggy told him to get in the dugout. He was rotten today, so just why he was upset about getting subbed is beyond me!! To me Higgy, O'Donnell, and perhaps Lawless said their farewells tonight. Frans and Balatoni who have been magnificent over the last 7/8 weeks were tossed around like a rag doll by Magennis. No comment on the referee and the bearded No 6 of Killie who should have got his marching orders.

If today proved one thing, it was that Doolan and Taylor (if he is here next year) can't play together.

Final note.....the players have done magnificently in the last 7/8 weeks so it was really disappointing to see supporters leave the ground at our final home game of the season, when Killies third goal went in. Even more disappointing to see the players and their kids go round a 90% empty ground at the end. No matter the result today, the guys have put in a great shift for us this season!!

Edited by Lindau

Another strange day at Firhill. It was an even game...apart from the score. Kllie got some easy goals, a few breaks and some favourable refereeing decisions. In fairness, whereas on the last three times they have been at Firhill, they were a very poor team who astonishingly got a draw every time, they gave our defence problems today, particularly Macginnis who rag-dolled Frans & Balatoni throughout. Despite Conrad's protests, I didn't think he was fouled for the fouth...and not a very good effort from Fox. Eremenko hit some wonderful passes but is a bit of a fud...blown over by Elliot's slipstream to win a free kick which they scored from.

It was reminiscent of the game at Firhill towards the end of last season against Hearts when we lost 4-2. We played Taylor and Doolan together in that game and it didn't work then either. Again we looked unbalanced and undermanned in midfield.

Bannigan had a decent game and considering how often he gets booked he must wonder how he got pushed twice in the face by Eremenko then was hacked down by the big defender when bursting through with no card being shown on either occasion.

If, as has been reported, Balatoni and Fox are looking to move on, they gave reminders of why they will not be irreplaceable. They have both done well for the club over the past three seasons so good luck to them - I wouldn't be disappointed if they stay.

Higgy went to the North Stand then walked the full length of the JHS at the end of the game...looked like a farewell. He was sensational for a long spell last season and he is the sort of player who adds an edge and excitement every time he gets the ball. Firhill will be less exciting place to watch football if Higgy isn't there...in the words of the late great B B King "The Thrill has Gone"

And next time, the play gets stopped for an injury to an opposition player when we have a good attacking position, it would be better to contest the drop ball rather than let them boot the ball 80 yards upfield.

• Like 1

Negatives......Taylor, quite rightly looked pissed off when he was subbed.

Final note.....the players have done magnificently in the last 7/8 weeks so it was really disappointing to see supporters leave the ground at our final home game of the season, when Killies third goal went in. Even more disappointing to see the players and their kids go round a 90% empty ground at the end. No matter the result today, the guys have put in a great shift for us this season!!

It's all about opinions but I would have had Lyle off much sooner than he was slowed to stay on. His work rate is questionable at best however putting that aside he was only good for turning attack into defence today. The easy way he was brushed aside and often making stray passes summed up much if went wrong today. For me it is easy to see why he can't cut it in the third tier in England, wisen up work harder and get his head out of his own a**e and he could play at a higher level but I doubt he will ever realise this.

It was a shame, but it was an awful performance and no wonder people were pissed off and didn't fancy hanging around in the cold after getting thumped by that shower

Referee was absolutely shocking, he had no idea. The 2nd goalscorer dived twice after his yellow card plus many other dives by Ermenko. Taylor got no protection at all. The 'penalty' incident was well outside the box but the linesman indicated it was inside. Having said that it was possibly a red card as last man

It's all about opinions but I would have had Lyle off much sooner than he was slowed to stay on. His work rate is questionable at best however putting that aside he was only good for turning attack into defence today. The easy way he was brushed aside and often making stray passes summed up much if went wrong today. For me it is easy to see why he can't cut it in the third tier in England, wisen up work harder and get his head out of his own a**e and he could play at a higher level but I doubt he will ever realise this.

Agreed, it's all about opinions. Mine opinion is, yours is utter tripe. Dools was utter garbage today, but at least Taylor looked dangerous on occasions at least. The manager ( this will suit a few on here) got it totally wrong today, playing both up front. It patently doesn't work. If Abs wasn't fit we should have started with young Wilson ( who again looked good) in midfield with either Dools or Taylor up front. Still it's been a good season, so I ain't gonna start arguments on the last home game of the season. Delighted to finish 8th this season, but the way the ground emptied on the last game of the season was very disappointing, to say the least!

Agreed, it's all about opinions. Mine opinion is, yours is utter tripe. Dools was utter garbage today, but at least Taylor looked dangerous on occasions at least. The manager ( this will suit a few on here) got it totally wrong today, playing both up front. It patently doesn't work. If Abs wasn't fit we should have started with young Wilson ( who again looked good) in midfield with either Dools or Taylor up front. Still it's been a good season, so I ain't gonna start arguments on the last home game of the season. Delighted to finish 8th this season, but the way the ground emptied on the last game of the season was very disappointing, to say the least!

Did we play Dools & Taylor up front ?? Not game I was watching. Seen Dools more taking over in Stevo's position than his normal up front position.

As you say it is all about opinions and imho yours was a classic case of ' were you at the game '

• Like 1

Fair enough Lyle was impressive and Doolan stinks no wonder the stadium emptied.

Seriously Lyle had a game even he would want to forget. The fact the stadium was almost empty probably sums up how dissappointed everyone was with the inept performance against a very poor team. Great season or not this is an entertainment business and people pay there hard earned cash to see effort, skill and passion no matter what point in the season. They were short changed today.