Just In

Jaggyman

The rumour going around before todays game was that McCall will be going to Dundee and we have a replacement lined up( Gus McPherson), if the rumour is to be believed we have already approached him. I dont see why Dundee would take McCall costing them pay off money to Chisholm and compensation to us, when they could go straight for McPherson who has proven he can get a team out of this league

pull me up later on if its wrong, but sounds like shit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the performance against Dundee, so I'm now thinking there must have been a collective agreement by those who were there to kid on the rest of us that something had changed.

Today's show was pretty much what I've been watching since January.

Very little skill, no guile or cunning and damn little effort or commitment.

In short - total dross.

This is a poor, poor squad of average to below average players and we will do well to stay in Div 1 unless something drastic changes soon.

Sad times at Firhill.

Difficult to comprehend how the same team from last week, who played with commitment and desire to win, could produce such a lacklustre performance.

Not many clear cut chances for either side throughout the match. Mortons first goal was a mix up in defence with one of our players (Ballotoni?) chesting the ball back to Halliwell only for Kean to nick in and score. Second goal from a free kick and a result of our wall not doing its job. Difficult to see if the ball had crossed the line from the WDE, however the reaction from Halliwell indicates that it probably wasn't.

From that performance both sides will finish in the bottom half of the table. Although I noticed that Morton made more of an effort to keep the ball on the ground and pass around our players, rather than the route one approach they previously adopted.

Never seen such a one footed player as Paton. In addition, another chance missed by Buchanan and he has lost his scoring insticnt. Hard to believe we were resigned to losing him to an SPL side a few years ago.

It's not just Buchanan. Grehan and Doolan are not good enough. McCall's judgement of players from the lower divisions and Juniors is highly suspect. Sadly, it is doubtful if the budget is big enough to fund another signing. We can only hope for a loan from a SPL team.

Our decline has coincided with the loss of Gerry Britton as assistant manager. Our league form this year has been awful. We should have let McCall go to Dundee. I have lost confidence in him but we cannot afford to sack him. It will be 7th or 8th at best this season.

absolutely agree,gerry britton was never the greatest of strikers,but gerry got stuck in,and ran himself to a standstill for this club,we are sorely missing his enthuisasim for all things red and yellow.

I believe McKennan is calling it as he see's it too. Is it now to be the case that only those who go to the games have a right to an opinion ?

Think all some of us want is some middle ground. It's either utter crap and the players and manager are tossers or (after last week) everything is superb .

Fair point Lenny but ultimately it is only people who attend can actually comment accurately. And yes football is full of highs and lows and fans opinions will always follow that. My point was that he/she seemed critical of the fans for turning on the team.

I slated Erskine on the forum after the Inverness game when we got put out the cup on penalties and got abuse back. I have said all along i dont rate him and now i think ppl are starting to come round to my way of thinking. Just one question... why does he run so stupid???? :blink:

No idea, but you could hardly accuse him of that today. I don't actually recall him running :( .

Tbh I thought there was little need for the substitutions at half time. The first half was a team failure. The change of formation and the two changes were nothing more than cosmetic. The only alteration required was a change of attitude and that to their shame never happened. :angry:

No idea, but you could hardly accuse him of that today. I don't actually recall him running :( .

Tbh I thought there was little need for the substitutions at half time. The first half was a team failure. The change of formation and the two changes were nothing more than cosmetic. The only alteration required was a change of attitude and that to their shame never happened. :angry:

Totally agree ...the attitude is what is wrong and that is what has to change at whatever cost.

This in my opinion belongs to McCall to sort as it is his squad. 5 year plan ?? 0-3 years haven't looked so good so far Ian !

Sad to say but our club needs a fresh broom sweeping right through the door from top to bottom including the directors all the way to the bottom. We are a shambles and it is showing BIG time.

Fair point Lenny but ultimately it is only people who attend can actually comment accurately. And yes football is full of highs and lows and fans opinions will always follow that. My point was that he/she seemed critical of the fans for turning on the team.

But Jaggy are they commenting accurately ?

I think where some of us have an issue is the inconsistancy of some on here. not saying by any means that the team / manager/ bod etc shouldn't be critisized but is the way they are hated one week and loved the next so accurate ? By all accounts it was a very poor today . Probably as poor as last week was good. Can it not be the case that too many had an off day. Not that they are duds, pub players etc. We all hurt when the jags lose. doesn't matter if we are there or not. trust me my mood tonight is awful and yes im angry at how poor they seem to have played. I just don't see where it gets us by name calling of the players (or at least certain ones).

You have to judge a manager over a reasonable period. McCall did well initially but, as I have commented on another thread, he has struggled since Britton quit as his assistant. The Board, despite our debts, then supported him by funding the signings of McNamara, Lovell, Grehan and Shields. Yet our form in 2010 has been totally pathetic. McCall is the problem but too many here blame the board.

But Jaggy are they commenting accurately ?

I think where some of us have an issue is the inconsistancy of some on here. not saying by any means that the team / manager/ bod etc shouldn't be critisized but is the way they are hated one week and loved the next so accurate ? By all accounts it was a very poor today . Probably as poor as last week was good. Can it not be the case that too many had an off day. Not that they are duds, pub players etc. We all hurt when the jags lose. doesn't matter if we are there or not. trust me my mood tonight is awful and yes im angry at how poor they seem to have played. I just don't see where it gets us by name calling of the players (or at least certain ones).

Lenny you had to be there ! I see you are from the Port however from your posts you were not at the game ? I do not mean to be patronising as I do not know your circumstances.

I make about 80 % of our games and as such feel my opinion should be valued. Many people on here have lot's to say good and bad and their opinions will always vary.

We will always by the nature of being a Jags fan .... never know what our team will do next. Many of us love that simple fact. What bursts me tho is the lack of attitude from the players / professionalism from the management and inability of the b.o.d. to realise they are taking the club nowhere but downwards.

You have to judge a manager over a reasonable period. McCall did well initially but, as I have commented on another thread, he has struggled since Britton quit as his assistant. The Board, despite our debts, then supported him by funding the signings of McNamara, Lovell, Grehan and Shields. Yet our form in 2010 has been totally pathetic. McCall is the problem but too many here blame the board.

Was Jackie Mac not playing very well before his leg break ? Can't blame McCall for that.

for whatever reason, we have been very unlucky with new signings picking up long term injuries.....all of them named above have had one. Grehan needs more than a handful of games this season before we write the lad off.

do agree though, things have gone array since gerry left as assistant. Why, i wish i knew.

The rumour going around before todays game was that McCall will be going to Dundee and we have a replacement lined up( Gus McPherson), if the rumour is to be believed we have already approached him. I dont see why Dundee would take McCall costing them pay off money to Chisholm and compensation to us, when they could go straight for McPherson who has proven he can get a team out of this league

What a crock of shit!

Lenny you had to be there ! I see you are from the Port however from your posts you were not at the game ? I do not mean to be patronising as I do not know your circumstances.

I make about 80 % of our games and as such feel my opinion should be valued. Many people on here have lot's to say good and bad and their opinions will always vary.

We will always by the nature of being a Jags fan .... never know what our team will do next. Many of us love that simple fact. What bursts me tho is the lack of attitude from the players / professionalism from the management and inability of the b.o.d. to realise they are taking the club nowhere but downwards.

I live in the Port, moved there some 4 yrs ago when i remarried. Your right I wasn't there. I only see my ten yr old daughter at weekends and as such i'm lucky if i make 10 games a season. All would be at firhill, as i want jags to get my money when i go to games, not some team i couldn't care less about.

i do value other opinions mate, and i fully take on board people who paid hard earned money to go today appear to have been subjected to an awful performance. Just don't agree that it means we have a bunch of duds or pub players. Nor do i believe players and management don't care. They do, however, have to improve and quickly.

I live in the Port, moved there some 4 yrs ago when i remarried. Your right I wasn't there. I only see my ten yr old daughter at weekends and as such i'm lucky if i make 10 games a season. All would be at firhill, as i want jags to get my money when i go to games, not some team i couldn't care less about.

i do value other opinions mate, and i fully take on board people who paid hard earned money to go today appear to have been subjected to an awful performance. Just don't agree that it means we have a bunch of duds or pub players. Nor do i believe players and management don't care. They do, however, have to improve and quickly.

You don't have to explain yerself Lenny lol other than why is your 8 year old not at the match with you ?? Totally having a laff in what i am sure is not a laffing matter m8 cos I am also having the same issues.

Doesn't change the fact of how I feel about our club :(

Ok, I want to bring up a few points:

McCall has been a decent manager, however he has taken us as far as we can go. He has cemented our place as a first division team, however if we want to be promoted we need to look at alternatives. He is just out of ideas, he has taken us as far as his ability allows, now its time to call it a day.

Next point, leadership. McCall calls the shots off the park, he is the manager, and Maxwell is his No.2, however John Robertson is the captain, so who's in control. Maxwell is the assistant so he should be second in command, however if he is in the starting XI either Archie or Robertson call the shots on the park. So if your still with me, when Maxwell is in the starting XI, despite him being McCall's No.2, he has no control whatsoever.

Next, Paton, please give up, or better yet, LOOK UP, before hoofing a massive ball up the park.

Finally, I raised this point coming back from the match today...Next Season. All of our players with the exception of Cairney are out of contract. We have no money to buy players, we have a manager who, in the past 2 seasons, has been unable to pick out even one gem, so if you think this season is hard, we have another thing coming next season. :thumbdown:

Ok, I want to bring up a few points:

McCall has been a decent manager, however he has taken us as far as we can go. He has cemented our place as a first division team, however if we want to be promoted we need to look at alternatives. He is just out of ideas, he has taken us as far as his ability allows, now its time to call it a day.

Next point, leadership. McCall calls the shots off the park, he is the manager, and Maxwell is his No.2, however John Robertson is the captain, so who's in control. Maxwell is the assistant so he should be second in command, however if he is in the starting XI either Archie or Robertson call the shots on the park. So if your still with me, when Maxwell is in the starting XI, despite him being McCall's No.2, he has no control whatsoever.

Next, Paton, please give up, or better yet, LOOK UP, before hoofing a massive ball up the park.

Finally, I raised this point coming back from the match today...Next Season. All of our players with the exception of Cairney are out of contract. We have no money to buy players, we have a manager who, in the past 2 seasons, has been unable to pick out even one gem, so if you think this season is hard, we have another thing coming next season. :thumbdown:

Are you sure about that ??

Edited by Jaggy1967

Next season we will be part-time, imo, with the exception of afew players.

That's my fear too.

It'll be the end for me. No way am I shelling out £17 to watch a bunch of part time diddies even worse than the full time diddies we currently have.

Part time will kill our club.

That's my fear too.

It'll be the end for me. No way am I shelling out £17 to watch a bunch of part time diddies even worse than the full time diddies we currently have.

Part time will kill our club.

Part time won't kill the club, it would probably save it.

It would however, probably kill any ambition we might have to perform at the highest level ever again.

Part time won't kill the club, it would probably save it.

It would however, probably kill any ambition we might have to perform at the highest level ever again.

It will turn us into a team bobbing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions barely able to compete with the likes of Clyde.

It will kill stone dead any desire I have to follow the team the way I have done for the past 25 years.

It will turn us into a team bobbing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions barely able to compete with the likes of Clyde.

It will kill stone dead any desire I have to follow the team the way I have done for the past 25 years.

Oh come on you're being overly dramatic.

Been through plenty of bad times in the last 45 years with them.

I'd rather have a part time team to support, than no team.