Who Are The Strikers, Out There?

potty trained

Yoda, you are burying your head in the sand if you think we are not lacking up front. I am hopeful Archie will get it sorted but as of this minute I don't think anyone can deny that fact that we need another one or two in,up front.

He was offering his services to Archie to "bail him out", how does that even come close to him burying his head in the sand, thinking we don't need a new striker?

Some absolute bed wetters here as usual. I'm sure there are "thousands" of strikers out there, but 99% of them will either be out of our price range or more likely, simply not good enough for our level. Do you really want Archie to sign a striker for the sake of it? I can only imagine the stick you would give him then.

Love it how people with no experience of working in football whatsoever are telling the manager what to do. Absolute crackpots

• Like 2

Some absolute bed wetters here as usual. I'm sure there are "thousands" of strikers out there, but 99% of them will either be out of our price range or more likely, simply not good enough for our level. Do you really want Archie to sign a striker for the sake of it? I can only imagine the stick you would give him then.

Love it how people with no experience of working in football whatsoever are telling the manager what to do. Absolute crackpots

Couldn't agree more...not sure if some folk are just on the wind up on here!!

I think we will see 2 new players minimum before end of August if they are the "right ones" as assessed by the management team, one will be a striker and Archie will believe that they will add value to the existing players when he signs them...if they don't then he will move them on quickly as has been the case with anyone who hasn't worked out for him.

So what's the deal with Seaborne? How long is this injury likely to keep him out? Is it the same as last season's?

Frans & Balatoni steadied the ship in the defence after a number of defeats. Shameful that many thought (& still think) after last season Seaborne, including his flimsy tights, is/was a better option

than Balatoni.

The 2 young boys have potential & if Seaborne's injuries continue then we'll have to rely a lot on them this season.

On that note, disappointed to learn young Lindsay only has a year left on his contract.

Archie said on Sunday that Seaborne aggrivated his previous ankle injury by going over a sprinkler head down at the Eastleigh friendly. He is back in full training this week but Hamilton too soon for him.

Personally, Seaborne being out doesn't bother me too much, Lindsay looks to be an adequate replacement. I'd be a lot more bothered if new 25 goal a season striker Yoda Jag doesn't sign in time. Even if he does, I don't think the lad has played for a while and there may be concerns over his match fitness.

Wow, we managed to go into full Benny Hill-style runaround panic in here quite quickly, didn't we?

I want to see us sign a striker as much as anyone.

If we don't sign a striker by Saturday, I think of it like this. Doolan will start on Saturday. I'm happy with that. Let's say he doesn't have a great day, or he runs himself into the ground in 70 mins. Would I be happy with Nisbet coming on and having a go, maybe Stevenson going up top? Or would I rather have Alabi or (insert one random name from thousands) come on? I'm not wetting myself just yet.

• Like 1

Some absolute bed wetters here as usual ..... {snip} ..... Love it how people with no experience of working in football whatsoever are telling the manager what to do. Absolute crackpots

Wow, we managed to go into full Benny Hill-style runaround panic in here quite quickly, didn't we? ..... {snip} ..... I'm not wetting myself just yet.

57875976.jpg

Personally, Seaborne being out doesn't bother me too much, Lindsay looks to be an adequate replacement. I'd be a lot more bothered if new 25 goal a season striker Yoda Jag doesn't sign in time. Even if he does, I don't think the lad has played for a while and there may be concerns over his match fitness.

56525828.jpg

visualise the thistle support already i can

f9183e6097c9ef90ce05d0ab61a70f6a-win-you-must.jpg

So what positions do people think we still need to fill? I think we all see the priority which is the main point in this thread, however do we need one or two more. I've seen suggestions that we need another wide or creative player, but I'm not sure I agree as midfield is where we appear strongest IMO. I'm not sure that Christie Elliott alone is enough cover for full back, and someone that can cover both sides would be useful, like McMillan. Seeing as my English team is Stoke... I see that Wilkinson is available...

• Like 2

Archie's already said he's only looking for a striker and a winger, think Elliott is cover for about 4 positions. I did think about Wilkinson earlier in the summer but surely even as a benchwarmer at an EPL club he'd have been on not far off 5 figures a week?

I hadn't seen that quote, fair enough. With Wilkinson, I would never expect us to be in for him anyway and it was a suggestion from the perspective of being as far away from being in the know as possible. I would think though that like most Pulis Stoke players he will end up lower end of championship or even league one and not out the reach of some Scottish teams.

Edited to add, this is my main point about Elliott. He may well end up being a back up forward or midfielder, so he can't be relied upon for both left and right back too.

Edited to add, this is my main point about Elliott. He may well end up being a back up forward or midfielder, so he can't be relied upon for both left and right back too.

Christie sees his default position as right back and both Archie & Shaggy concur. Elliott wants to ditch the jack of all trades image and concentrate on that one position. With that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if Miller covers left back. Fraser has been tried out wide and Stevenson is still preferred as back up to Doolan. So I think if the right back position is available thru an injury/suspension to Miller or Booth then Christie will be at right back every time.

Ach well there ye go everyone the ian mac has spoken, no need to worry about a thing :rolleyes:

• Like 2