Stats Watch 2015-16

The Jukebox Rebel

Whit a load of nonsense. Still, any excuse to test out the database. :D

By the way, Blackwood takes the top spot for most goals by a OO in a season; 29 in 6 months 1899-00. :o

Thistle's OO Hitmen

All Goals - Player

89 - Kris Doolan

66 - John Proudfoot

29 - John Blackwood

24 - Johnny Flood

12 - Tom Doonan

8 - William Proudfoot

5 - David Proudfoot

5 - Lawrence Proudfoot

5 - David Amoo

4 - Benny Rooney

4 - J. Woods

4 - Thomas Mooney

3 - Horace Woolley

1 - Allan Moore

1 - Tommy Ledgerwood

• Like 2

TJR. Thank you for indulging me. Great to be reminded of the special goal by the injured goalie on the wing Tommy LEDGERWOOOOOOOOOOOD.

The other guy with one goal should just keep his mouth shut.

They don't make names like Horace WOOOOOOOOOOLLEY any more.

Edited by partickthedog

TJR. Thank you for indulging me. Great to be reminded of the special goal by the injured goalie on the wing Tommy LEDGERWOOOOOOOOOOOD.

The other guy with one goal should just keep his mouth shut.

They don't make names like Horace WOOOOOOOOOOLLEY any more.

My inner 10 year-old is quite tickled by Doonan from the mid 40s. 12 goals in 13 games! DOOOOOOONAN!

Whit a load of nonsense. Still, any excuse to test out the database. :D

By the way, Blackwood takes the top spot for most goals by a OO in a season; 29 in 6 months 1899-00. :o

Thistle's OO Hitmen

All Goals - Player

89 - Kris Doolan

66 - John Proudfoot

29 - John Blackwood

24 - Johnny Flood

12 - Tom Doonan

8 - William Proudfoot

5 - David Proudfoot

5 - Lawrence Proudfoot

5 - David Amoo

4 - Benny Rooney

4 - J. Woods

4 - Thomas Mooney

3 - Horace Woolley

1 - Allan Moore

1 - Tommy Ledgerwood

Callum BOOOOOOOOOOTH joins the OO scorers!

• Like 1

:detective: 27.02.2016 Motherwell 3 Partick Thistle 1 (SPFL Premiership - game 25)

• In competitive action, 13 consecutive penalty awards have now went to the opposition. For Thistle, such a run is unprecedented in the 20th or 21st century, and I have virtually no doubt that it's unprecedented in the entire history of the club.
  • Thistle have failed to score in 10 of the last 11 opening halves.
  • Callum Booth gets his first Thistle goal at the 46th time of asking. It's Thistle's first away-day League goal of 2016.
  • Antonio German becomes the 27th player to register a competitive appearance for the season.
  • Motherwell become the first side in more than 13 years not to utilise a substitute vs Thistle. Dundee were the last club to be so gallus, in their 2-0 Scottish Cup win at Firhill in January 2003.
  • Thistle are now 11 competitive games without a win at Fir Park; this further extends an unwanted H2H club-record run.
  • Thistle have an opportunity to set a new H2H record on Wednesday evening; 4 consecutive wins vs St Johnstone would be an historic first for the club.

ongoing sequences:

• 11 competitive games without a half-time lead, 12th Dec 2015 to date. (Longest run since: 19 games; 7th Mar 2015 to 26th Sep 2015.)
  • 25 competitive games without defeat when we score the opening goal, 23rd Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 26 games; 29th Sep 2001 to 7th Dec 2002.)
  • 38 consecutive competitive appearances for Callum Booth, 14th Mar 2015 to date. (Longest run since: Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 56 games; 27th Oct 2012 to 18th Jan 2014. Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 65 competitive games without a penalty award, 19th Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 106 games; 10th Oct 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)
  • 83 competitive games without a goal from a penalty, 22nd Feb 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 114 games; 8th Aug 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)

* For these queries, the sequence begins with the introduction of the penalty-kick law in season 1891-92. The perceived club-record, although possible, should be treated with some degree of caution due to the scant nature of some match reports from the era.

Edited by The Jukebox Rebel

• Members

Heard a very interesting stat the other day at work there. Not sure how accurate it is, but a St. Johnstone fan was telling me that they dread seeing Kris Doolan's name on the team sheet as apparently he averages a goal every 60 minutes against them! That would be an amazing stat if true!

Have to ask this one given Callum Booth's achievement tonight TJR - who was the last Thistle full-back to score in successive league games from open play?

That'd be Boab : - )

14.01.2006 Ayr United [a] W2-1 (SFL Second Division - game 21)

Scott McCulloch (1-1, 54 mins); Mark Roberts (2-1, 65 mins)

21.01.2006 Gretna [a] L1-6 (SFL Second Division - game 22)

Scott McCulloch (1-4, 81 mins)

Paddy Boyle did 2-in-a-row in October 2010 but that was Challenge Cup / League.

Boab, in fact, is the only full-back in Jaggy history to do 3-in-a-row from open play, achieved in October 2005 (all in the League).

If you accept pens, then I reckon the all-games club-record is 3 held jointly by Kenny Watson, Jered Stirling and Boab himself (all feats registered in League action).

Heard a very interesting stat the other day at work there. Not sure how accurate it is, but a St. Johnstone fan was telling me that they dread seeing Kris Doolan's name on the team sheet as apparently he averages a goal every 60 minutes against them! That would be an amazing stat if true!

A pile of farm manure I'm afraid! 4 goals in 11 games, all of which have been in the League. Kris's game time for these amounts to 558 minutes, so that's a goal every 140 minutes or so. Tell him I said he's to stick to growing the tats and keep away from the stats.

I'll happily take 3 x 0-0 to keep the sequence going!

Thirded!

A pile of farm manure I'm afraid! 4 goals in 11 games, all of which have been in the League. Kris's game time for these amounts to 558 minutes, so that's a goal every 140 minutes or so. Tell him I said he's to stick to growing the tats and keep away from the stats.

:lol:

:detective: 02.03.2016 St Johnstone 1 Partick Thistle 2 (SPFL Premiership - game 26)

• Callum Booth becomes the first Thistle full-back in over 50 years (and the first-ever 'modern' full-back) to score in two consecutive top-flight games. This 2-in-a-row grabs him an unlikely share of the category record jointly held by: Bill Gray (Apr 1908); Stewart Calderwood (Dec 1936) and Joe Hogan (Nov-Dec 1962).
  • Thistle retire with a 2 goal half-time lead for only the second time in competitive action this season; both times achieved at McDiarmid Park.
  • With 3 in 5 days, Stuart Bannigan opens up a gap of 3 at the top of this season's competitive assists table; Bannzo's 7 now plays Stevie's 4.
  • Stevie's Saintees doublet puts him in line for a potential Hogan, split permitting. It's only the second Jaggy doublet of the campaign following on from the No.9's double-doublet exploits vs Killie.
  • Beating St Johnstone twice in nine days in the top-flight stands as Thistle's second quickest double ever recorded in that category. The top-flight record remains with our East Stirlingshire eight-day double, registered over 2 consecutive Saturdays March/April 1933. Our competitive-games club-record remains with Clyde, who were beaten twice in three days in February 1983 (League and Cup).
  • For the first-time in history, Thistle register a 4th consecutive victory over St Johnstone.
  • In competitive action, Thistle are on a run of 4 consecutive non-Saturday victories; 5 non-Saturday games without defeat. The last side to defeat Thistle outwith a Saturday were Falkirk, away back in August.
  • Archie's Jags are currently sitting on 1.3076 ppg for the League season which, when you apply 3 points per win to all eras, is on-target for a post-reconstruction best for the top-flight, AHEAD of Bertie's Jags. 50 pts is the required target to achieve this.

ongoing sequences:

• 26 competitive games without defeat when we score the opening goal, 23rd Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since: 26 games; 29th Sep 2001 to 7th Dec 2002.)
  • 39 consecutive competitive appearances for Callum Booth, 14th Mar 2015 to date. (Longest run since: Aaron Taylor-Sinclair - 56 games; 27th Oct 2012 to 18th Jan 2014. Club record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games; 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)
  • 66 competitive games without a penalty award, 19th Sep 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 106 games; 10th Oct 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)
  • 84 competitive games without a goal from a penalty, 22nd Feb 2014 to date. (Longest run since the club-record: 114 games; 8th Aug 1891 to 14th Dec 1895. *)

* For these queries, the sequence begins with the introduction of the penalty-kick law in season 1891-92. The perceived club-record, although possible, should be treated with some degree of caution due to the scant nature of some match reports from the era.

Is that not jointly held with two away wins over Dundee ten year ago?

BTW, I'm very impressed by your off the cuff query. :happy2: I could never do that.

I'm also relieved to find that I'm alright on this one. ^_^

The record is Saturday-Monday

26.02.1983 Clyde [a] W2-0 (SFL First Division - game 26)

28.02.1983 Clyde [a] W6-0 (Scottish Cup 4th Round replay)

Your Dundee was Saturday-Tuesday

05.08.2006 Dundee [a] W1-0 (SFL First Division - game 1)

08.08.2006 Dundee [a] W3-1 (League Cup 1st Round)

TJR

2 unrelated points following on from your previous posts:

1) If Thistle and Saints end up in separate sixes, Stevie will have a Meatloaf!

2) Apologies that your lovingly compiled OO stats are being ripped up on a game by game basis!

Edited by partickthedog

BTW, I'm very impressed by your off the cuff query. :happy2: I could never do that.

I'm also relieved to find that I'm alright on this one. ^_^

The record is Saturday-Monday

26.02.1983 Clyde [a] W2-0 (SFL First Division - game 26)

28.02.1983 Clyde [a] W6-0 (Scottish Cup 4th Round replay)

Your Dundee was Saturday-Tuesday

05.08.2006 Dundee [a] W1-0 (SFL First Division - game 1)

08.08.2006 Dundee [a] W3-1 (League Cup 1st Round)

:thumbsup2: