Elliot Out For 20 Weeks

La Scimmia Rossa

Shame for the big fella just when he was trying to establish himself in one position. But it's his versatility that will be missed.

The three young full backs, McInally, Penrice and McMullen are still way off being cover for Miller and Booth. Injury to either of those two will be a concern.

Given what i've seen of Amoo, he might be able to provide cover.

• Like 2

Sad for Christie. His versatility will also be a loss.

However, he is no O'Donnell or ATS and I'd rather we just give one of the kids a go if we're short.

We've got no money and the development of our own young talent, regardless of how young or inexperienced they are, should be our strategy going forward. I do not want to see another useless free/loan transfer in.

Real shame for Elliott. Hopefully it's not as bad as feared.

However, he is no O'Donnell or ATS and I'd rather we just give one of the kids a go if we're short.

We've got no money and the development of our own young talent, regardless of how young or inexperienced they are, should be our strategy going forward. I do not want to see another useless free/loan transfer in.

Aren't the full-backs in the development squad 17 and 16?

I think it's imperative now that we bring in a full-back. I thought we should before the news of this injury anyway, this just makes it a greater priority.

Played for us for 4 years and people still think he's a good player....

Yeh. He should be nowhere near a big club like ours.

If we'd always been allowed to name 6 outfield players on the subs bench I can't think of many Jags squads I've seen that wouldn't have a place for Christie. In fact next to Kenny Watson I can think of a few Jags squads where Elliott would be the next name on the teamsheet.

2/3 years ago I would never have said this but Elliott being out is a massive loss for us. I've not been too convinced with Miller thus far and thought that Elliott showed promise whenever he played in either of the full-back positions. Think that's cemented the fact that we need to bring in a right/left/both full-back.

The young full backs are nowhere near ready. Not sure where you read we have no money. Last I read from Archie was that he was still hoping to do one or two bits of business before the window shuts. A loan deal till January would be ideal as hopefully Christie will be close to fitness for the 2nd part of the season.

We must be watching a different player if you think he could cover as a full-back.

I suspect Amoo's best position will be sitting just behind Shaggy on the bench.

Played just over half a game at Hamilton, less than half a game against Celtic and started last night. Give the guy a chance. Some people have already written Miller off after three games! Who would be a manager!

• Like 1

Played just over half a game at Hamilton, less than half a game against Celtic and started last night. Give the guy a chance. Some people have already written Miller off after three games! Who would be a manager!

Perhaps I should have also added that I think Amoo has something to offer but not convinced he's a starter. Looks like an impact player if ever I saw one.

Perhaps I should have also added that I think Amoo has something to offer but not convinced he's a starter. Looks like an impact player if ever I saw one.

Yeah, you could be right. Just a bit early to be discounting him. Sometimes takes players a while to settle, although Archie has also said today that he needs more from him.

Amoo did a lot of good things last night, including winning a surprising number of headers and some effective defending back near his own corner flag. Lawless and Amoo switching wings at the start of the second half was the tactical masterstroke that made us much more of an attacking threat.

While I would certainly not be writing him off, I agree with Archie and several posters that Amoo is not yet reaching his full potential. He seems a humble and reticent type and it would appear that in previous teams he has been ordered to stay out wide and not affect the main battle in the centre of the pitch. Somehow he has to be taught to impose himself on games, go hunting a bit more and make a telling difference.

He seems to be a sensible guy who will soon adapt, and I can foresee his being one of the stars of our season and a real fans' favourite.

• Like 1

I see now the Elliot story is appearing in some newspapers. Think this means if there's money for one more player we should be looking for a versatile lad who can play full back and wing (a bit like Elliot in other words. Maybe a 6-month loan as Elliot will come back strong I'm sure.