A Goal, A Goal, We Want A ******* Goal

a f kincaid

Counting League, League Cup and Scottish Cup only...Thistle have drawn a blank in 1143 (25%) of 4636 matches since 1893.

The match v Motherwell sees Thistle trying to avoid equalling the unenviable record of consecutive league matches without a goal. Twice since they joined the SFL (04/05 and 09/10) they have gone 5 games without a goal. Next Saturday would make that 3 times. Counting the League Cup as well means that a blank on Saturday would be 6 games.

In all 3 competitions contenders for the worst barren spell are:- Mar-Aug 1969 (9 blanks/6 goals in 13 games) and Feb-Apr 2010 (9 blanks/4 goals in 11)

This current spell is 9 blanks/2 goals in 10. Failure to hit the rigging at Motherwell would be 10 blanks (2 goals) in 11 and most likely be the worst ever goalless spell.

C'mon lads. Don't make it happen!

I would be more hopeful of a goal if we created chances?

That was my mantra up to the Aberdeen game. Thought we had turned the corner against Dundee, when we at least made chances and couldn't finish. Yesterday we returned to type. Up till this season I never realised there was so many ways you could fail to score. I'm now of the opinion that if you matched two teams the equal of us against each other, told them both the object was NOT to score, long before 450 minutes were up there'd have been at least a couple of accidental goals.

• Like 2

Yes they are strikers. But every game this year we've started with one player in the striking role. Only late in a couple of games have we gone 2 up front but by then it's too late anyway.

I've run out of likes, but this is what the record is telling us. Is the message getting through, or is our management trying to deal with an alternative reality?

You are aware they are in Div 2? If you are what's the point?

That we should expect better than 3 goals. That getting some shots on target helps the goals for column. That I'm feeling for the 2nd time in 3 seasons that I could reasonably expect more after forking out for a season ticket.

Take your pick.

That we should expect better than 3 goals. That getting some shots on target helps the goals for column. That I'm feeling for the 2nd time in 3 seasons that I could reasonably expect more after forking out for a season ticket.

Take your pick.

Poor you, agree this season isn't panning out how we would like, what other season in the last 3 did you expect more?

God knows how you felt in the previous 3 years before that? I suspect a discerning gentleman like you would have weighed up quite heavily if it was worth buying a season ticket or not, after all how could you possibly know what the goal to game ratio would be? Dilemma for sure, enough to make you consider if this was a wise investment or not. Have to say I have considered the same and worried endlessly if my investment was in safe hands but to be honest when the tooth fairy is your stock broker everything does generally come up.

Edited by Metz

Poor you, agree this season isn't panning out how we would like, what other season in the last 3 did you expect more?

God knows how you felt in the previous 3 years before that? I suspect a discerning gentleman like you would have weighed up quite heavily if it was worth buying a season ticket or not, after all how could you possibly know what the goal to game ratio would be? Dilemma for sure, enough to make you consider if this was a wise investment or not. Have to say I have considered the same and worried endlessly if my investment was in safe hands but to be honest when the tooth fairy is your stock broker everything does generally come up.

Season 1 back the the Premier, played some nice football, only won 2 games at home. Season 2, played some nice football, learned a few lessons, won a few games. This year, can barely muster a shot on target most games, some pretty poor football, stagnant tactics, predictable subs. As a fan the previous 2 seasons were exciting after a long spell in the second tier with little prospect of promotion. As a customer, I feel (so far) this season that I have not had value for money. This is the same as a lot of fans who, unlike me, have clearly taken their cash elsewhere.

I don't expect Thistle to win all of their games, or even the majority of them. I recognise that progress year on year on the park is not realistic. I don't think that asking for the players to concentrate for about 90 mins a week and work on their shortcomings in training is unreasonable, regardless of their wage relative to other teams.

I support the team, sing (even though I sit in the Jackie Husband stand), so I feel I am keeping up my end of the bargain and would like to see more from the players and management team. Is this unreasonable?