Future Of The Forum

Col

It's just like Freshers Week on here. For new members, here are a couple of threads you might want to dive into straight away...

Player Sponsorship 2016/17 & Last Jag Standing

P A W S - Son Of P A Y E

... :D

Seriously though, thank you Willjag. I know that this isn't ideal for you but your effort is much appreciated.

If there's anything that can be done to assist you, just yell.

Edited by BowenBoys

• Members

He should be getting in touch with those who have previously offered their services in the next week or two to see if they still want to help out.

The good news is that this site wont be closing. If you know of anyone that wants to get on and had issues before get them to try again and if they're still having problems, pm me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Willjag,

Apologies, just reply to me here.

I am willing, and arguably able, to take the administrative load off of your shoulders. I was asked to become a moderator on Space.com, which I refused. Largely because I thought it would be difficult to judge between the sincere supporters of Ayn Rand and the nutters. For information there is no such thing as a sincere supporter of Ayn Rand, They are all nutters. So I declined the role. Assuming that the incidence of Partick Thistle supporters that really care for extreme right wing US politics, beyond them being bat shit crazy, I'd be happy to help.

I kind of know what an 'ad hominem' actually is, and would stamp on it.

You could look at this as a job application, or as me declining a job opportunity.

Edited by douglas clark
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

... I was asked to become a moderator on Space.com, which I refused. Largely because I thought it would be difficult to judge between the sincere supporters of Ayn Rand and the nutters. For information there is no such thing as a sincere supporter of Ayn Rand, They are all nutters. So I declined the role....

They're all nutters, but some (or even all) of them may be sincere nutters. :)

• Members

Sorry guys, I've been having some trouble with my PC and as such, I've rarely been able to get on here very much of late. Please be assured, I haven't forgotten about you or ignoring you, it's just between one thing and another, I haven't had the time to get this sorted out once and for all. We do need your help!

When I have more time I'll sort out some admin/moderating rights for those interested. Please do keep an eye on your PM inbox as I will initially deal with it via there. Thanks for your patience.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had a look at who was waiting to join and there wasn't too many recent ones. So I've approved a couple of the more recent and deleted the rest. If anyone knows of folk that are waiting to join, now would be a good time to start the process.

• 1 month later...

As time to do things may be a problem, please don't take this as criticism - a suggestion! The site intro page is looking rather dated. Ideally a complete revamp would be in order but I realise that's not likely at the moment, however I would guess there is some kind of content management system so that it would be fairly easy to swap some of the images and videos (e.g. replace the Steve O'Donnell one with one of say Booth or Doolan).

Also get rid of the "This API is no longer available." messages that appear above the forum buttons, though not sure how that would be done as the message isn't in the source code but comes from something else. Still it should only be a bit of tidying up and easy to whoever runs the site and knows what creates it.

The search and choice of images/videos to show (which is probably the most time consuming aspect of what I'm asking could be put out to forum members to submit/suggest/choose. Would be willing to give a little help in some way if it's more work than I'm assuming - though apart from basic HTML I don't know all that much.

Edited by Mr Bunny

• Members

I'm admining the forum for the time being. I dont know how to do anything else. So stuck with what we have I'm afraid. If anyone wants to take over the the running of the site, please let me know. The former owners are keen to pass it on.

• Col unpinned this topic