Stevie Lawless Loses Phone....oh Dear!

Lindau

Poor wee Declan!!

FOOTIE star Steven Lawless apologised to fans after his stolen phone was used to post foul jibes at his club and team-mates.

A series of outrageous messages popped up on the Partick Thistle midfielder’s Twitter feed within hours of his mobile being nicked.

One jibe targeted Jags starlet Declan McDaid, claiming the winger, 20, had the “smallest willy in the showers”.

Another slagged off his employers, saying: “Can’t wait to get out of this f****n s***e club at the end of the season, wee move to France will do me good. They’re going down.”

Lawless, 24, hit the headlines last season when he was banned by the Scottish Football Association for betting on hundreds of matches.

And the cursing hacker poked fun at the two-match suspension, by joking about gambling on yesterday’s Spurs’ 4-1 win against West Ham.

They wrote: “500 on Tottenham the day. #f***thesfa.”

Thistle appealed to fans to stop the hoaxer, who struck after Saturday night’s theft.

They tweeted: “Please help us shut down the account by reporting it as hacked.”

But yesterday Glasgow-born Lawless was back in control of his account and immediately issued an apology to followers.

The player said: “My phone was stolen last night and someone has accessed my account without my permission.

“I can only apologise for the things that were tweeted and they don’t reflect how I feel.

“I’m proud to be a Partick Thistle player and was delighted with 3points yesterday.”

The 2-1 home win over Inverness Caley Thistle was a boost for the club, who sit third bottom of the Premiership.

We told how Lawless was found guilty of breaking SFA rules by betting on 513 matches between December 2012 and March this year.

He was handed a six-match ban, but four of those dates were suspended until the end of this season.

The SFA prohibits players, coaches, club officials and referees from betting on football anywhere in the world.