Your Favourite Jag Ever And Why

Weebaw1

From Jukebox Rebel's "Stats Watch" thread, Can I submit a vote for Davie Ness. Scored in 7 consecutive top flight games in 1932 (there is no truth in the rumour that he was denied a cast iron penalty that would have made it 8).

That is him on the left in the front row

http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1/-VHPn9gaaz-AKEG_epsV7A1495850/GW994H635

• Like 1

Great thread. Surprised Maurice Johnston has not had a mention. Ok he had the revolving scarf thing but he was a goals machine for us and lit up a decidedly dodgy early 80s team. He went on to bang in a few for Scotland after us. We messed up on the contract front selling to Watford for 200k only for Celtic to pay 400k a season later and we had no sell on fee.

Anyway, my choice is actually Roughie. Loved him then and love him now. He still talks fondly of his time at Thistle and remains a great ambassador. Loved hearing his story recently of getting a bus to pre match lunch before '71 final and it was full of Celtic fans. Always thought he would have made a great manager for us but he didn't seem to have ambition outside Glenafton. I recall taking a penalty against him to win a football when I was 7 or so, Dalmuir Park I think, and not being too disappointed when he saved it.

Edited by craigthepict
  • Like 1

Mine has to be Roughie, he was my hero all through my teens and as I was a keeper I tried to be like him lols.

However, it's a question like being asked your favourite song, far too many to choose from. So in no particular order my favourites over the years include, J Campbell, Somner, Park, McAdam, A Hansen, McQuade, Johnston, Watson, Brough, Charnley, A Craig, Walker, R Grant, Alec Taylor, Duffy, Buckley, Elliot, C Campbell, Melrose, Anderson, Archibald, Arthur, Lennon, Britton, Hardie, Craigan, Lindau, Kinnaird, Melrose, Taylor-Sinclair, O'Donnell, Doolan, Erskine and probably a few others I've missed

Edited by jaggy
  • Like 1