Hearts Match Off

Fawlty Towers

Paranoid nonsense. With the number of games off at Firhill our water bill for sprinklers must be astronomical.

I admit to being beelin and throwin some wild punches.... but this sucks.

firhill has a fookin canal sittin next to it and we spent a fortune gettin the well game played for about 2000 who turned up.

Jam tarts made this all ticket, sell out? Nae cash gate? full stadium every week.... nae reputation for dodgy pitch.... and your happy to accept the've done all they can to supply their side of the paid up deal?!?!?!?

..... and have a wee dig at the jags with a "take a look at yersel" "people in glass houses...." comment..... ?

Na mate ... not paranoid.... just a very disgruntled customer.

can't make every game and had to commit and make plans for this one.

the fact it makes our already congested fixture run in even harder is just salt in the wound.

Get real.

That kind of thinking resides in other parts of Glasgow. Let's leave it there please.

real?

You think it's unrealistic to think a team who sell out there stadium every week couldn't have put a little more effort to get this game on?

I don't think they were scared of playin us.... I don't think they give a f*ck when they play us..... that's the point.

real?

You think it's unrealistic to think a team who sell out there stadium every week couldn't have put a little more effort to get this game on?

I don't think they were scared of playin us.... I don't think they give a f*ck when they play us..... that's the point.

Never mind us for a minute - do you seriously think Hearts would want to piss off their own faithful support with such a late call off?

Away and watch the rugby and chill out man.

So far this season that is more than 10% of our total league games have been postponed. Time for summer football. Start in March and finish in November. The pitches will be in much better condition as the grass will be growing and will be able to recover from one home game to the next.Scottish football can't afford all the postponements.

so when does the pitch get time to recover?

• Like 1

Never mind us for a minute - do you seriously think Hearts would want to piss off their own faithful support with such a late call off?

Away and watch the rugby and chill out man.

They'd have to do alot more than a late call off at home against us to piss off their over 10,000 season ticket holders, when they are sitting comfortably 3rd in the league in their first season up, with a derby cup tie approaching. They could still win the cup but they are 10 points clear of aberdeen above and county below. League's pretty much done for them.

I can chill, but still this appears to me to be a p155 poor effort. -a late flurry of sleet and snow- is blamed on the hearts o/s.... pretty weak excuse.

I know this ain't the EPL... but Hearts... I've got a fair bit of respect for them and they way they've sorted themselves out over the last few seasons... but this kinda thing... late call off for what, an hour's sleet?

it's this kinda -sorry, thanks for your cash and continued support nowt we could do, suck it up- stuff that fans have to suffer that the so called bigger clubs should be doing everything they can to eliminate.

B.t.w. I asked earlier, and again now, other than their inverness game in december when was their last home call off? ... and add when was the call made.

Embra's a shitehole I want to go home!!!!

:fan:

Quite surprisingy really, Thistle are now semi-officially a mid-week team. Looking forward to the replay at, och I don't know, 6:00 pm on a Monday to accomodate BT Sport / Sky Sport whatever.

On a more optimistic note we are stlll above Kilmarnock. Motherwell and Dundee United with less games played than any of them. And winning one of these games could put us top six. (Timing might make that unlikely, but....)

Edited by douglas clark

Quite surprisingy really, Thistle are now semi-officially a mid-week team. Looking forward to the replay at, och I don't know, 6:00 pm on a Monday to accomodate BT Sport / Sky Sport whatever.

What? We have two rearranged matches, on Tuesday evenings at 7.45, because our own pitch wasn't playable. What on earth do the TV companies have to do with this? We don't yet know when today's game will be rescheduled for.

I don't think anyone is saying the pitch was playable at time of inspection. And it's hardly a conspiracy theory to suggest that a club with an important midweek game impending might not make the same effort that a club desperate to get a game played would do. It's been the same way for decades and I'm sure we'll have done the same in days gone by.

I'll skip out of the East of Glasgow paranoia comparison by citing every Jambo I talked to today, and that was plenty. Everyone of them was astounded to hear the game was called off. I was myself close enough to Tynecastle from 12pm onwards. There most certainly wasn't enough of anything remotely like a downpour to suggest that a pitch that wasn't playable an hour or so later was hunky dory in the late morning.

Thistle had groundsmen working on the pitch throughout the day to get the Motherwell game on. Okay, it was an evening game, so there was more time to work with, but they bust a gut to get the game played. Hearts did nothing to get this game on. I don't think it's in any way paranoid to point out that they've got a huge derby game coming up on Tuesday. Or, to put it another way, if the Cup replay had been yesterday, would the pitch have been allowed to become unplayable?

Edited by Firhillista

the high water table excuse appeared on the hearts official site - in addition to someone who couldn't spell Aberdeen:

Things were looking good - with the pitch in the same condition as it was prior to the recent matches against Aderdeen, Celtic and Hibs and all of those occasions the surface recovered sufficiently for the games to go ahead - until a sudden flurry of sleet and snow left the pitch waterlogged, with the water table being too high to make the game playable.

After 23 matches on the Tynecastle turf so far this season, it was a stretch too far to recover.