Murderwell Game 27/02/16

Lindau

An abject performance from start to finish: the team that wanted to win the most won.Theres not much I can say about this game, without going in off the deep end I honestly can't think of one decent thing we did today in 90 minutes of so called football!

Completely agree. thistle played like it was a friendly match. Second to every ball, very little in the way of effort and even the goal we scored was god awful.

Only pass marks for me was Amoo who was positive and booth.

Players better buck up and realise we are in a relegation fight because the lack of effort today was very worrying.

Oh and how lasley got through that game without a booking is beyond me. Finnie is a dreadful ref.

Edited by kennymac29

We got closed down repeatedly, failed to control the ball on a bumpy pitch and had several players for whom the game went past without them noticing.

Motherwell well in charge and the class of McDonald showed through though the Fir Park club are part of a recurring culture in Scottish football - if somebody breathes on you, you go down as if you've been hit by a sniper.

I remember when it was a man's game ......

Sadly Christie Elliot and Aidan Nesbitt were as poor today as they were good on Tuesday. I am sure that both will bounce back.

I think Amoo has earned a start and wonder if Ryan Edwards might be back in the frame. He played well away against Aberdeen before he dropped out of the picture due to his international commitments.

Just in - shocking! Didn't start playing until 4.30!

Annoying thing is that 'well weren't that much better.

They did look up for it more than us though - but they did start flapping a bit

when we started trying!

Getting really fed up with weak refs,

they went down at the slightest touch, moaned

continuously (just like tues) Lasley should have been yellow carded at least twice- nothing,

not even spoken too

Would say roll on wed- but that depends on which Jags team turns up!

Completely agree. thistle played like it was a friendly match. Second to every ball, very little in the way of effort and even the goal we scored was god awful.

Only pass marks for me was Amoo who was positive and booth.

Players better buck up and realise we are in a relegation fight because the lack of effort today was very worrying.

Oh and how lasley got through that game without a booking is beyond me. Finnie is a dreadful ref.

Agree totally.

Archibald at least tried to change things, but it doesn't help at all when the collective will to win was not there.

Every player should have a good look at themselves after today. Even guys like Doolan and Bannigan were well below even an average performance.

And Elliot showed exactly why he's a Partick Thistle player. Best on the pitch on Tuesday night, worst on the pitch by Saturday!!

• Like 1

Absolutely shocking performance. Out of the starting 11, only Cerny (because he had nothing much to do and had no chance with the goals) and Calum Booth got pass marks. David Amoo (looked very lively when he came on) escapes a slating as well. Praised young Aiden on Tuesday but he was like a wee boy lost today. Gave away possession every time he got the ball and needlessly gave away the penalty when we were very comfortable. We only looked interested when we scored and if Amoo had scored shortly afterwards it would have been an interesting last 10 minutes, but we deserved what we got out the game.....nothing. We even threw Dangerous Danny up front for the last 10 along with German and Pogba. It was a very flat performance considering what was at stake. With the games coming up, we really need some sort of return in Perth

Edited by Lindau

Agree totally.

Archibald at least tried to change things, but it doesn't help at all when the collective will to win was not there.

Every player should have a good look at themselves after today. Even guys like Doolan and Bannigan were well below even an average performance.

And Elliot showed exactly why he's a Partick Thistle player. Best on the pitch on Tuesday night, worst on the pitch by Saturday!!

I don't want to criticise the young lad but Nesbitt was the worst player on the park, for the 45 minutes he played. Pretty sure Archie would have been raging at the penalty he gave away when we were very comfortable. That moment changed the game completely.

Edited by Lindau

I don't want to criticise the young lad but Nesbitt was the worst player on the park, for the 45 minutes he played. Pretty sure Archie would have been raging at the penalty he gave away when we were very comfortable. That moment changed the game completely.

Nesbitt's should be exempt as he clearly wasn't ready as a young player to deal with a street wise, cynical Motherwell team and players like Lasley. He looked lost out there, Archie has rightly given him a break at the penalty post match and saw he was struggling when he took him off.

Elliot has no excuses. He was just rank.

Nesbitt's should be exempt as he clearly wasn't ready as a young player to deal with a street wise, cynical Motherwell team and players like Lasley. He looked lost out there, Archie has rightly given him a break at the penalty post match and saw he was struggling when he took him off.

Elliot has no excuses. He was just rank.

No exemptions mate. If you are picked for the first team you take the good with the bad and Nesbitt was dreadful today. Yes the same goes for most of the players but it was a stupid moment from Aiden that changed the whole complex of the game. If anyone needs to be cut a bit of slack, it's Christie. He has had a serious injury and I am pretty sure he suffered from having two games in 4 days. Facts are we were dreadful today

Fair play to the Well fans in the main stand today. They all clapped when the away crowd was announced. With quite a few jags fans in the main, there was over a 1,000 today. What a pity we had to endure such a lacklustre performance! Thank goodness I got in for nowt!

Absolutely shocking performance. Out of the starting 11, only Cerny (because he had nothing much to do and had no chance with the goals) and Calum Booth got pass marks. David Amoo (looked very lively when he came on) escapes a slating as well. Praised young Aiden on Tuesday but he was like a wee boy lost today. Gave away possession every time he got the ball and needlessly gave away the penalty when we were very comfortable. We only looked interested when we scored and if Amoo had scored shortly afterwards it would have been an interesting last 10 minutes, but we deserved what we got out the game.....nothing. We even threw Dangerous Danny up front for the last 10 along with German and Pogba. It was a very flat performance considering what was at stake. With the games coming up, we really need some sort of return in Perth

gave the ball away when we looked comfortable? Comfortable but still without looking like posing any kind of a threat maybe?

No exemptions mate. If you are picked for the first team you take the good with the bad and Nesbitt was dreadful today. Yes the same goes for most of the players but it was a stupid moment from Aiden that changed the whole complex of the game. If anyone needs to be cut a bit of slack, it's Christie. He has had a serious injury and I am pretty sure he suffered from having two games in 4 days. Facts are we were dreadful today

Can't agree. Nesbitt has had 2 top league starts and is 18, never likely played against hard, experienced players like today..

Elliot has been fully fit for weeks, has played at the top level for 2 full seasons and can't be excused for failing to find a pass to players standing 5 yards away or aimless punts the whole game!!!

gave the ball away when we looked comfortable? Comfortable but still without looking like posing any kind of a threat maybe?

Correct, it was a shit game up to that point, Motherwell were just shading it. My impression with Archie is that it's driven into the players to keep a clean sheet at half time then as the game progresses into the second half we tend to take more chances going forward. Sadly young Aidens inexperience cost us dearly today, probably why Archie subbed him at half time. It's a chance you take with young inexperienced players. Worked well on Tuesday, failed miserably today!

2 games in 4 days should not be tiring on professional players. I agree that by the time we play the Celtic game the players will have had a very tiring run but no excuses today. St Johnstone played their third game in 7 days today and will be playing their fourth in 11 days when we play them on Wednesday night therefore with that logic they should be knackered by Wednesday night - but we play like we did today and they can expect the 3 points without getting out of breath

Elliot has been fully fit for weeks, has played at the top level for 2 full seasons and can't be excused for failing to find a pass to players standing 5 yards away or aimless punts the whole game!!!

As far as I am aware he missed most of or indeed the whole pre season. How many games has he played this season?

What a dire dire performance that was today. Absolutely abysmal from almost everyone. Probably as bad as the performance against Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup a few weeks ago. Almost to a man, we were out fought, out thought and out played. How a player the size of McDonald can appear to bully Frans so easily is beyond me. At least push him about a bit. And stop letting him spin away from you FFS. I can understand getting beat by a better team, you get used to that as a Thistle fan, but there was no excuse for some of the performances today which were caused by a lack of effort. Players not running into space to receive the ball, not closing down the ball when out of possession and not getting closer to the man. These problems are indicative of a lack of effort, not just a bad day at the office. Miller looked like he was 60 years old compared to the pace of the Well players who were clearly more interested and far more hungry.

The supporters made the effort to support the team and the players have to do better. Fingers crossed for an improvement, and a big improvement at that. Men v Boys today. Utter shite.

• Like 2

I am talking specifically about a guy that has been out injured for 6 months and has just returned to the team!

you were also referring to a 19 year old only playing his second ever game for Partick thistle. Both were clearly awful but if a reason can be found for one players poor performance then I dare say reasons can be given for another's

you were also referring to a 19 year old only playing his second ever game for Partick thistle. Both were clearly awful but if a reason can be found for one players poor performance then I dare say reasons can be given for another's

Agreed, but my opinion is that if you are in the first team, whether you are 19 or 35, you are not immune from criticism. Fully praised Aiden on Tuesday, fully entitled to say he was dreadful today and that he started the collapse, because those are the facts. My point with Elliot is that he rightly got the MOTM on Tuesday, but I think that game took a lot out of a guy that has missed the whole season so far. He was entitled to have the bounce factor as there can be no way that he can be fully match fit at the moment