Jags Related Gg's Today's!

Lindau

If the marathon runner had someone driving him on the the end, I would agree that it's no different.

I'm not an animal rights activist, I was simply struck by the way it was reported in the media. It was explained rather as you have done as 'one of those things'. It just seems a bit sad.

I'll leave it there.

NB: My post crossed with jaggy

Big difference, marathon runners choose to do it, horses have no choice. I'm not against horse racing but just stating a fact

and the fact is that if the horse doesn't want to do it, it wont. Plenty of horses go into training, don't adapt or don't want to adapt and are then put out in a field or sold on as pets and yes, there are probably some unscrupulous owners that have other ideas with what to do to them. My only point is that in most circumstances race horses are treated very well in comparison to the life it would normally expect to live. As an animal lover I certainly don't advocate any cruelty on any animal and one way the reputation of the sport could be enhanced is by banning the whip, which I have always been against.

Edited by Lindau

Do they actually have a horse called Patick Thistle?

Their website thistle farm Ireland gives a list of horses in training and partick thistle is in that group. I thought it would have made an appearance by now.

If you remember lindau, I mentioned this in an earlier post a few months back and you said there may be a problem or its been groomed for fences , jumps.

nothing to do with Thistle horses-my maws friend part owns a horse called fortunate george, it was fav at the 4.10 at ascot today so my maw asked me to stick £5 ew on it. i liked the sound of 'forthefunofit' at 16/1 so slung £5 ew on that aswell and it ended up winning with george coming 3rd.£20 bet, £144 back.not bad at all!

• Like 1