Gary Harkins Signs For Ayr

Gaucho

Back roughly where he started up here, with a club, managed by the same fella, that's little chance of getting promoted for now but with more worries about staying up. Wonder if McCall will start off playing him in defence? :)

Not a bad thing for Young Nisbet to be playing beside the likes of Harkins and Cairney.

• Like 1

Back roughly where he started up here, with a club, managed by the same fella, that's little chance of getting promoted for now but with more worries about staying up. Wonder if McCall will start off playing him in defence? :)

Not a bad thing for Young Nisbet to be playing beside the likes of Harkins and Cairney.

Aye, he can get a look at what happens to players when they think they're better than Thistle! :D :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's a real shame how the career of Paul Cairney has worked out. Our player of the season who started well at hibs and then injuries and a downward spiral. Nice guy when I met him with Thistle

Paul had fitness and recurring illness problems with us but I think we still got the best out of him. Even in his last season with us, when he was our star player, he often looked totally shattered towards the end of 90 minutes. I think subsequent managers have tried to play him in less demanding positions but to no avail.