Archie Offski?

Lindau

If he goes pretty sure Shaggy would be offered the job first. If he goes with Archie, God knows who we will get. Total outsider could be Scott McKenzie who is doing a very good job with the development side!

Pressley and Huges would be obvious candidates.

Don't know why but Id feel a bit nervous wih Shaggy taking over.

Bit premature since he's not gone but....

McCall? I don't know the circumstances of his departure from Firhill but for me he started the foundations of us trying to play football again after Campbell left.

Unfortunately we cannot get our support base up despite this being our fourth season in the SPL and playing some attractive football during that time. I wouldn't blame Archie for thinking he's taken us as far as he can.

• Like 1

Pressley and Huges would be obvious candidates.

Don't know why but Id feel a bit nervous wih Shaggy taking over.

Is that Huges Jarse or John Hughes...lol. Yep they would be in the frame as they have constantly praised the club. Pressley appears to have some connection with the club as he appears to have advised some players from down south. Really don't want Archie to go, but these things happen. Who else would be in the frame? McNamaras name is bound to pop up, Billy Davies, Danny Lennon, Gus McPherson, Jim Duffy, Bobby Williamson, Phil Brown, Kenny Shiels...Sally McMoist, feck, Archie DONT GO!!!!!!

Edited by Lindau

Wouldn't take Pressley to be honest. He got Falkirk relegated and then kept them down, had one good season at Coventry despite difficult circumstances which is fair enough and then guided a team who'd come 10th the season previous to 19th.

And he's a permanently furious simpleton.

I have a bit of confidence in the board getting it right tbh. The last couple of appointments have all done reasonably well in different ways. Even Campbell (only just) managed to do what was necessary and get promoted back to the first division.

Can see it being another young manager, hopefully won't be one of the managers who drift around doing basically alright but nothing really like Kenny Shiels or John Hughes.

hopefully won't be one of the managers who drift around doing basically alright but nothing really like Kenny Shiels or John Hughes.

One won the League Cup with Killie, the other the Scottish Cup with ICT. Not saying I want either of them but I know jags fans that would kill to experience that scenario with Thistle

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 3

One won the League Cup with Killie, the other the Scottish Cup with ICT. Not saying I want either of them but I know jags fans that would kill to experience that scenario with Thistle

I'd rather someone who can continue to build upon the foundations that McCall, McNamara and Archibald are laying and really, really establish Thistle as a top flight club, and one who can realistically challenge for trophies and European competition every season, a la St Johnstone. I'd ask if either Killie or Caley were in a better position when they left than when they arrived, as opposed to looking at one off successes.