Sevco....the First Ever Visit To Firhill 26/11/2016

Lindau

Really? Perhaps you should support one of the 'bigger' teams then.

It's a fact that financially we cannot compete with teams like the New Rangers. The hysterical nonsense about sacking Archie makes ME sick.

We can learn, we can improve. As supporters we need to have faith in our Club.

We don't compete with anyone of any stature. Utter shite like Clyde, Stirling Albion, Annan, Forfar, Morton, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers etc etc have beaten the Old Firm much more recently than we have.

We don't even compete with Hearts and Aberdeen.

We have been to Hampden ONCE, 14 years ago, we haven't had a top half finish, been in Europe, ad nauseam in dunkeys.

Let's just accept the utter shite we've had to put up with for years because we shouldn't be allowed to be ambitious and hope to do what clubs even smaller than ours have done. Typical Thistle shit scared unambitious mentality

Edited by Hankey
  • Like 1

We don't compete with anyone of any stature. Utter shite like Clyde, Stirling Albion, Annan, Forfar, Morton, Queen of the South, Raith Rovers etc etc have beaten the Old Firm much more recently than we have.

We have been to Hampden ONCE, 14 years ago, we haven't had a top half finish, been in Europe, ad nauseam in dunkeys.

Let's just accept the utter shite we've had to put up with for years because we shouldn't be allowed to be ambitious and hope to do what clubs even smaller than ours have done. Typical Thistle shit scared unambitious mentality

Every word spot on...

Really? Perhaps you should support one of the 'bigger' teams then.

It's a fact that financially we cannot compete with teams like the New Rangers. The hysterical nonsense about sacking Archie makes ME sick.

We can learn, we can improve. As supporters we need to have faith in our Club.

His point was that we lost a game that we were winning comfortably.

Archie wasn't even mentioned.

One can be realistic and ambitious - I'd love Thistle to do better. All I'm saying is look at the resources we have.

I don't accept the loss today, but I put it in context

I don't think it is right to say we don't compete against these teams. We have been unlucky against Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers this season.We just can't score when on top or hold on to a lead when we have it.

I do think there should be a reality check with some guys on here. Our players get one pound for every eight that go to the Blue Bigots.

Yes we've seen it all before but if anybody really thought that there weren't huge signs of improvement from us today then they weren't looking at what I was looking at.

We are short of Cerny, Bannigan, Dumbaya and Fraser. We played with a different formation and I thought we played very well.

Give them a chance and I am sure we'll get out of this.

• Like 1

I do think there should be a reality check with some guys on here. Our players get one pound for every eight that go to the Blue Bigots.

Yes we've seen it all before but if anybody really thought that there weren't huge signs of improvement from us today then they weren't looking at what I was looking at.

We are short of Cerny, Bannigan, Dumbaya and Fraser. We played with a different formation and I thought we played very well.

Give them a chance and I am sure we'll get out of this.

You are right. Think the big thing for us now is to get Cerny back and keep him fit for the rest of the season

• Like 1

Conversations run in threads Barney.

So what's your position on Archie?

Same as it has been all along, Sandy.

He's the right man for us, but he's not infallible.

Thistle have underperformed so far this season, and today was in the realms of unacceptable given that we got the hard bit right by going ahead, but I am confident that Archie will address the weaknesses in the January transfer window.

In short, Archie has my full support tonight. The same as the day he was appointed to the job in 2013.

How does that sound to you?

jagfaelivi, see the part timers that beat them mentioned in an earlier comment, how many pounds to a player was it then? The real reality check is our players don't possess enough quality. Elliot is OK but against half decent opposition he isn't good enough at this level. We may have a small budget but we should be able to at least show some degree of composure or skill, like say Barton has on the ball. We were lucky with some diabolical mistakes again that we keep making at the back however balls over the top continue to cost us

There are at least nine teams in the league, maybe even eleven, who would die to have Barton at the centre of their defence. Archie and Shaggy did that!!! They brought him to us when everybody was looking for a good central defender.

We will come good because they know what they are doing.

Aye and they brought in Devine too.

Your last line means sod all as well. Bottom line is we are bottom of the league tonight.

They are second top but are not much better than us. We need to cut out the errors and with Cerny back hopefully that will happen. We just need to stay tight until we get through this run of games, meaning a result is essential next week. I am gutted this evening and not getting involved in petty squabbles, but I thought we played really well today and were undone, not for the first time this season, by stupid mistakes from players that should know better. The sooner Ziggy joins Barcelona the better as far as I am concerned!

• Like 3

They are second top but are not much better than us. We need to cut out the errors and with Cerny back hopefully that will happen. We just need to stay tight until we get through this run of games, meaning a result is essential next week. I am gutted this evening and not getting involved in petty squabbles, but I thought we played really well today and were undone, not for the first time this season, by stupid mistakes from players that should know better. The sooner Ziggy joins Barcelona the better as far as I am concerned!

:lol:

Would we be due a development fee?